• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo/DraMo 2009

Last night I ended up drawing a Siamese cat firing laser beams from its eyes, which is totally unrelated to wooden spoons. Oh well, I'll include a spoon later.

Day 6: An Aerodactyl.

My 100th picture saved on this computer! Woo hoo!

As for Cryptica: if you don't mind me critiquing, the Sandslash's head looks a bit squashed. Also, the ears don't seem proportional. If the nose is more towards us, the ears should be a bit smaller because they are further away. However, the shading with colored pencils is cool.

I was only copying the picture... besides, her snout is pointing towards the ground, so I don't see why her ears are farther away than her nose. The eyes do look a bit weird though.

This is the result of the first week or ArtMo. Avert your eyes. I ended up just doodling tons of Obsessive Scribblers... With no reference, at that. So, um, if anyone looks weird or whatever, that could be the reason.

Will comment if not for the fact that I still have 1023912 homeworks to finish. AHHHHH

Oh my gods Linoonie, you have no idea how much I smiled at this. Particularly you and your HOWSE. <3 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhyouresoawesome

.....On an unrelated note, I've failed again.. quite obviously. >: I must say I'm rather angry with myself. Ugh. I'm freaking out out of my skull like one wouldn't believe you can just call me Moody Mc. Moodswings.

In the mean time, FMC challenged me to draw a doodledad without ever using my eraser, in response I mutilated Ed. Enjoy <3

((Seriously I need my eraser kyaaaaa he's not even meant to be that small I always screw up scale at first))

Ahhh thanks for all the comments, everyone! And, yup, they are Castform, Kinova, Vlad, Dannichu, Spoon, Kai, and me (I?). More Obsessive Scribblers are coming up soon!

I'm glad I made you smile, Dwagie. Even if you miss a day (I did, too... I dated all my ArtMo pictures and you can see the proof), you can just keep on drawing the next and ignore it!

HUGE WALL OF TEXT TIME! (Dec. 1)

@RaiCH: Nice lineart you've got there. I like how the light is coming from the back instead of the top like it usually does, and the folds on the scarf looks really natural. It could use a little more contrast though... Maybe your scanner messed it up or something (mine does that), but I think you can abuse your color pencils a bit more and shade harder, so the colors look all bright and nice.

@Ice the Cat: The lineart is nice~ What program are you using? Because I really want something that does pretty lineart like that. The cell-shading is great; it looks natural (or as natural as cell shading gets), and it's all in the right place. The colors are bright and pretty, so that's a plus, too. The only problem I see is her hands... They look a bit out of place somehow. Not sure how to describe it... I think it's her left (your right) hand that's kind of showing up but not really. It might be the fingers or something, but something seems weird and I can't figure out what. >.<; this is frustrating...

@Vlad: Gay stuff is always love, especially yours. I really love the soft colors on this picture, and how the red ribbon/scarf kind of makes a heart shape around them. The shading is soft and pretty, and the outline is, as usual, awesome. I love how it gives a sort of warm fuzzy feeling.

@Chaon: ... It's staring at me....
Ahem. The color's nice, and the details on the iris is great. The general outline is a bit shaky, however.

Will comment on the rest when I have time because I still have 20392342394 homeworks to finish and what am I still doing here ahhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom