• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Pokemon are good pets?

any currency producible by meowth would be quickly inflated and lose its value.

The ability to completely destroy the economy at a whim is a very important quality in a pet.

But I mostly want a Meowth because it's the best Pokémon ever and so that I can hug it and squeeze it and call it George.

I vote on Chikorita :) It's small and adorable and has a scent to it that can calm people's emotions ^_^

Clefairy, too, maybe. They seemed really cheerful in the anime episodes, I think :) They're also said to be peaceful and friendly so thats a plus too.

And Espeon seem's pretty relaxed and like a good protector with its psychic abilites. *nod nod*

i believe that Arcanine/Growlithe would be a good pet
as well as Zangoose, it could prevent seviper infestations

certain ones, depending on where you live; down south Zangoose would make great friends and great pest control

pretty much all of the Eevees would make for some awesome pets as well, my personal votes going towards Vaporeon and Espeon

... for some reason, i'd love to have an Absol as a pet

I'd love to keep the Chimchar line. Who wouldn't want a fire breathing pet monkey ? And, I absolutely love Infernape. A Rotom would be great too. It's cute and I'll never need an electrician. A Shroomish or Delibird would also be pretty awesome.

What about Aron? There might be a slight problem with food, but otherwise... It's cute and you don't have to worry about snuggling it too hard.

Pfft, no problems with food there. Just give it five minutes in a car dealership, and then sneak away as no one sees you.

If I could only choose one, then probably Swellow. Otherwise, I'd add Lapras, Arcanine, and maybe Blaziken. The first for both companionship and transportation, Lapras for mainly transportation, and the last two for companionship.

I haven't posted in this thread yet so here I go.
I'll be answering the question as if I were a retired trainer or something who has a bunch of Pokémon but I'm settling down in my own place and I can only keep six as to live in my house with me.

Well since Pokémon can be trained, it's obvious that pretty much any of them could be pets. I always figured I'd end up like a crazy cat lady but instead of cats, it's weird psychic or dark or ghost blobs like Musharna or Haunter. But I'll have to think it through now, since I'd want Pokémon that fit in my house, are easy to care for and can communicate easily.
I wouldn't want a Wailord or a Muk or anything like that.

Murkrow is a given though. I could have perches set up around the house, and it could probably tell me somehow if it wanted another one somewhere. There'd be ones where I usually am too, like one next to the computer and one next to the sofa. There's no point in having Pokémon if they can't hang out with you! I'd also not be opposed to letting it use my shoulder as a perch, it may not be a parrot but that's not going to stop me from feeling like a pirate.

I know I'd want a psychic Pokémon because of cool powers they have which hopefully include some way to efficiently communicate. Whether it be mind-talking in English like some of them did in the anime or like a mind-meld from Star Trek. Now since my posts in the daily Pokémon discussion, Gardevoir is pretty cool! No need for perches or anything and they can probably feed themselves. Plus they can keep me from getting lonely since they're all emotiony and stuff. It's a bit odd they they're "embrace" Pokémon which presumably means hugging, when they have a big spike coming out of their chest. (And no, there's nothing pervy going on there >:c I might have looked up their egg group and whether they had legs in the other thread, but in my defense, it wasn't me who brought up tentacles!)

Absol! They can warn me if anything bad's going to happen, they're cute, and probably big enough to ride like a horse. If there's one thing I've always wanted out of a dog is for it to be both cute and big enough to ride like a horse. Unless Absol is a cat, in which case that's even better. The living room would have to be bigish if all the Pokémon were to fit in there at once, with a rug in the middle for an Absol to lie on.

I'd probably want two small Pokémon that could run around and play with each other, but there are so many small ones. Pikachu and Pachirisu and Zigzagoon could all fit. But I'd also want the other Pokémon to play with each other too. Emolga could probably run around and play with smaller Pokémon while also being able to play with Mukrow in the air! Would probably need to make the perches Murkrow uses climbable so that Emolga can get up them and jump off.

Oshawott! I never really understood when the gen 5 starters were announced, why it was so hated. It's not ugly, it's got to be the cutest of all of the starters from all generations. It's small and can run around and play with Emolga, definitely cute enough to be cuddly. Human-shaped enough that it can care for itself to some extent. Not sure how clumbsy they are though considering they're probably quite babyish.
...just saw its B2W2 sprite. The shell on its chest is detatchable?!?

Porygon or an evolution I guess? I use computers a lot so I guess maybe it could upload itself into a computer and I could play multiplayer games against it somehow even if I'm not networked at all. That'd be cool.

Runners up:
Rotom would come in handy but it'd be a bit cruel to keep one as an appliance.

It was hard for me not to just make this a list of some of my favourites. Ariados is up there design-wise, but considering my fear of spiders and insects and stuff, I'm not sure I'd like one to live with me. I'd get used to it probably, and if they were real, I'd probably not mind them as much as normal spiders, but eh.

Teddiursa is cute as well but I don't see much it could do except be a teddy.

A whole load of dogs like the Eeveeloutions and Growlithe. They're all cute and cuddly and doggy and cute but I must only choose six Pokémon.

hug it and squeeze it and call it George.
I just got the reference.

I want a pet chikorita cuz that pokemon is cute and it smells nice :)

Or a pet shaymin. Which bonus has flowers on its back^^

Mew would make a fun pet too.

Back
Top Bottom