• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Help!?

I was into the Wi-Fi forums before the wipe, but afterwards, there was a period where I lacked Wi-Fi and couldn't really rejoin. (My sister stole the router. >=) Once I got it back again though, it was ultimately the lack of activity that made me decide, like a lot of people, not to come back again.

However, I am interested in rejoining again if some sort of rehaul ever happens. I remember that I won the Crystal League Gym Tournie on the pre-wipe forums, and was rather disappointed that I didn't get my position again here (didn't even have a chance to set up my gym on the old forums! I remember other people were taking too long with their battles and before I knew it, the forums exploded) because I lacked Wi-Fi after there was a second tournament. I mean, I would like to get a gym leader position and all, but I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't. I was sort of dead for a bit.

I was into the Wi-Fi forums before the wipe, but afterwards, there was a period where I lacked Wi-Fi and couldn't really rejoin. (My sister stole the router. >=) Once I got it back again though, it was ultimately the lack of activity that made me decide, like a lot of people, not to come back again.

However, I am interested in rejoining again if some sort of rehaul ever happens. I remember that I won the Crystal League Gym Tournie on the pre-wipe forums, and was rather disappointed that I didn't get my position again here (didn't even have a chance to set up my gym on the old forums! I remember other people were taking too long with their battles and before I knew it, the forums exploded) because I lacked Wi-Fi after there was a second tournament. I mean, I would like to get a gym leader position and all, but I wouldn't mind too much if I didn't. I was sort of dead for a bit.

I was dead for over a year and Kratos agreed to let me keep my spot whenever the revamp happens, provided it's okay with everyone else, so I don't expect there would be a problem with allowing you to try again. Heck, if the leader of the second tournament isn't around anymore either (I wasn't really paying attention to the crystal league so I don't know who it was), she might just let you take the spot since you'd won it first, though I imagine that might take more thought than my position.

Also, if you won the crystal tournament, I think you should be okay if you died for a bit. I don't think many people got passed the tier II in the chrome league, if any. At least, I never saw anyone challenge Negrek's gym (who won the chrome league tournament).

I was dead for over a year and Kratos agreed to let me keep my spot whenever the revamp happens, provided it's okay with everyone else, so I don't expect there would be a problem with allowing you to try again. Heck, if the leader of the second tournament isn't around anymore either (I wasn't really paying attention to the crystal league so I don't know who it was), she might just let you take the spot since you'd won it first, though I imagine that might take more thought than my position.

Also, if you won the crystal tournament, I think you should be okay if you died for a bit. I don't think many people got passed the tier II in the chrome league, if any. At least, I never saw anyone challenge Negrek's gym (who won the chrome league tournament).
Ah yeah, I figured it'd take a bit more thought though... the problem is that I don't really have any way of proving I won anything other than my memory. I wouldn't mind, like I said, if I didn't get it back. Since it might be too much trouble to do yet another Gym Tournament for Crystal. I'm not sure though. whatever the Wi-Fi High Lords decide, I'm okay with, as long as we get some sort of rehaul going on.

The greatness that is IRC is love and you will grow on it. @_@

I mean uh, the instantaneous talking is pretty good, it means we can talk about everything in one sitting rather than having to wait weeks for the other to reply. :x

Just on a side note, isn't the prize for becoming a gym leader you know, the gym? 8D;;

Just on a side note, isn't the prize for becoming a gym leader you know, the gym? 8D;;
iirc Kratos offered a shiny Zapdos to the actual winner of the tournament. I only really remember the Crystal League one though. Can't recall if there was a different one for Chrome or not.

Ah. I wouldn't know, I came somewhere near the bottom, if not the bottom in the last gym tournament I took part in.

Unfortunately I don't remember who won anything before the wipe, and the list of gym leaders I was trying to garner re-interest from the last time I sent PMs out consisted only of people who currently have gyms--this was after the tournaments and having to kick several of those people out for disappearing, so it wouldn't be the same group of people and I know I haven't sent anything to you (Arylett) in a long while. I think you'd actually have to re-try for the position since you don't currently hold one, where as SS technically was a gym leader and had a thread and everything.

What I'll probably do is have one more check-in for gym leaders that actually have gyms on this version of the forums, and then depending on the number of open spots (I'm guessing this will be quite large in the Crystal League in particular, as most of those members don't even seem to be around anymore >>;) we'll probably hold another small tournament or something and you're welcome to enter it again. Sorry, but that's the best I can really do.

@Espeon: ...but I don't like instantaneous conversation. D: Otherwise I would spend time with people IRL instead of skulking around forums day in and day out!

In all seriousness, I certainly can't do any IRC stuff with my internet access in its current sorry state, but I went through all of the important rules threads last night and have some revisions ready; you and Vixie should check your PM inboxes shortly, because right now that's the only way I can share what I've got. If you two don't have any other suggestions, I'll be able to start revamping the rules threads when I can sneak into school or something again.

I think the exams are kind off pulling progress all back a little tiny bit.
I will get around to your PM in full Kratos, trust me.

I guess the most likely time the revamp will occur will be over the summer holidays then?

For the most part, probably, though I'd like to keep making steady progress toward that. I'll go ahead and post that gym leader check-in thread now (before I forget again).

We're currently looking at changing the way "registration" is handled. I still have to hear back from Vixie and Espeon in detail about what I've suggested, but chances are that registration will become optional and that, if you choose to have an ID, you'll be able to update it yourself. So at this point it's looking like "you can register if you want, but you won't necessarily have to". We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom