• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pentimento vs Walker vs sreservoir

Niska's taunt should probably be listed as lasting only two more actions.

anyway! if ruin does not manage to break the substitute, start hail, and then blizzard, and protect if anyone survives. if the substitute is broken, and Ruin hasn't energy-fainted yet, taunt it, protect on the next action, then dragon pulse Niska.

blizzard / taunt @ Ruin ~ blizzard / protect ~ protect / dragon pulse @ Niska

also, I am amused that I have the most energy left now, despite having started with draco meteor ~ protect ~ zap cannon. and that the energy left is just about enough to draco meteor ~ zap cannon.

Walker, you don't have enough energy for even one earthquake. >|

Bah.

I don't think I can pull this off but try a sucker punch + astonish on Nenya. ... That's really all we can do. :| If you can't combo it for any reason just sucker punch. And then I guess try to explode again if you're still alive.

Sucker Punch + Astonish @ Nenya / Sucker Punch @ Nenya ~ Explosion

it's not like you have enough energy for sucker punch + astonish. you barely even have the energy for sucker punch.

(to be fair, I don't think I have enough energy for a full round in the worst-case, either.)

Pentimento said:
Originally Posted by Pentimento
1 vs 1 vs 1 single/triple?
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Fleet Town

Fleet Town used to be a boisterous, prosperous city, made up of well-built houses, apartments, beautiful skyscrapers, everything you'd look for in a city. Unfortunately those times are long gone and all that's left are ruins.

Whatever destroyed the city did its job; there is not a single remaining building in Fleet Town that remains erect. The streets are littered with the remains of buildings - blocks of cement, wood, and bricks are strewn about carelessly. The ground itself is cracked and potholed; the once-pristine cement streets and beautiful sidewalks are now serve as a dangerous hazard to anyone who attempts to walk on them, whether by tripping over the cracks or fallen building parts or falling into holes.

Pentimento
Gastly
[Niska] Gastly (M)
Ability: Levitate
Signature Move: Bogart
Health: 9%
Energy: 10%
Commands: Chill ~ Perish Song ~ Nothing
Status: Too tired to explode. Or do anything, for that matter. Paralyzed (mild); Taunted (2 more actions).

Walker
Baltoy
[Ruin] Baltoy (X)
Health: 15%
Energy: 5%
Commands: Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ *confusionfail*

sreservoir
Dratini
[Nenya] Dratini (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Signature Attribute: Natural Gift something-or-other
Health: 9%
Energy: 21%
Commands: Reflect ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Taunt @ Niska
Status: Still alive? I think? Speed -2; Natural Gift steel-typed; Taunt Mimicked. Reflect (2 more actions).
Substitute (10%)

Round 8

With a wave of the referee flags, what looked like the final round of this triple battle finally started. The three battling pokemon all seemed mostly dead now. Covered with scratches and panting heavily (well, only Nenya was doing that, but she is the only one with lungs in this battle), the trio glared at each other and tried to maybe sneak in a half second of rest before the pain started. Ruin managed to move first. Wobbling unsteadily, the baltoy attempted to do another one of those scary Earthquake attacks; however, it was too tired to keep track of where it was floating and bumped itself on one of the multiple jagged rocks sitting innocently around the arena. The baltoy fell back to the ground with a weird "bonk" sound and didn't bother getting up again. It was still conscious, but barely so...

Nenya, who was probably the best-off of the three, mulled over her commands. Ruin didn't seem like it was about to attack soon, so this meant that she should... With a lot of effort, the dratini managed to squeeze out whatever energy was left inside of her and focused it into an ice-cold ball of pale blue light. Opening her mouth, she shot the energy into the clear sky and watched in sanctification as storm clouds rolled in and the sky started to crackle. Soon, golf-ball sized hail started falling from the sky, chipping the already ruined ruins and bonking everyone on the head. As the ice cubes smacked through Niska, the gastly sighed. He knew that he was supposed to attack Nenya, but the little blue worm didn't use an attack and left him with no openings to exploit.

A particularly large hailstone smacked Ruin in the head, snapping the clay doll out of its stupor. Ruin floated up again, albeit very wobbly, and slammed itself into the ground with as much force as it possibly could. The shock wave rippled through the ground, and, while it was noticeably weaker than Ruin's previous attempt at making an Earthquake, it was still enough to knock Niska off its...uh, gases, and off into unconsciousness. Nenya was much better off, having a Reflective golden dome and a Substitute to protect her as well as not type disadvantage to bother her, but the living lump of mud broke into little pieces when the shaking finally stopped. Ah well. The round was over anyway.

With that over with, the baltoy toppled off to the side and faded off into unconsciousness, too tired to bother with anything anymore. Only Nenya was left on the field, cheering until a hailstone smashed into the ground too close for comfort.

Pentimento
Gastly
[Niska] Gastly (M)
Signature Move: Bogart
Health: 0%
Energy: 9%
Commands: Nothing ~ *dead*

Walker
Baltoy
[Ruin] Baltoy (X)
Health: 8%
Energy: 0%
Commands: *confusionfail* ~ Earthquake ~ *dead*

sreservoir
Dratini
[Nenya] Dratini (F)
Ability: Shed Skin
Signature Attribute: Natural Gift something-or-other
Health: 6%
Energy: 15%
Commands: Hail ~ *a winnar is you*

A few bursts of red light later, the injured and fainted pokemon returned to the safety of their Pokeballs, and the trainers and referee managed to find an overhang made from fallen stone slabs to hide from the hail. After exchanging congratulatory handshakes and quietly cursing (or giving offerings to) the RNGods, the trainers chatted amongst themselves while the referee dug through its beret for the prize money.

Arena Notes
- Further ruined, if anything. Puddles are everywhere.
- Even more ruined than that, even! What not already has now been reduced to such a state by the Bulldoze.
- In fact, it's more of a rocky field than a ruin now, much thanks to Ruin's Earthquakes.
- Addendum: an icy field. Archeologists are crying tears of sadness all over tCoD.
- It's Hailing and there's still the Perish Song going but nobody cares.

Notes:
- Unlucky Ruin rolled a 7 and hurt itself in confusion
- Sucker Punch was doomed to failure since Ruin Confusionfailed and thus Nenya used Hail instead of an damaging attack
- Nenya's Substitute burst after the Earthquake on the 2nd action
- Ruin's Earthquake was weaker than usual due to its lack of energy. Not like it matters but...

Other Notes
- @sres: I'm assuming you meant hail/ taunt @ Ruin ~ blizzard / protect ~ protect / dragon pulse @ Niska, not blizzard / taunt @ Ruin ~ blizzard / protect ~ protect / dragon pulse @ Niska
- Whooo it's finally over
- Niska gets 1 exp. point, Ruin gets 2 exp. points, and Nenya gets 3 exp. points. Pentimento/Pathos/whatever you call yourself now gets $6, Walker gets $11, and sreservoir gets $16, and I get $10 for reffing. Unless I did the calculations wrong, which then, uh, *flees*
- Derpfixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom