• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

IN WHICH FLORA MESSES UP AND STILL MANAGES TO DO GREAT

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/ey
fihdfsgfsdiogaisdfo i have a dance final tomorrow and i have to make up a dance and i have ideas but i can't make up a two-fucking-minute dance on my own help

SO REMEMBER THIS FROM LAST NIGHT?

well I started last night and finished it this morning and felt a ton better

and THEN I GOT UP THERE

AND I BLANKED HALFWAY THROUGH

but you know, I figured "eh I'll keep going till I find my place" and eventually I did

and so the song ends, I feel terrible because I'd gotten so much more comfortable and my teacher runs up and gives me a hug, and i figured she just noticed I was nervous

and she's so excited about it and I'm like "oh. wasn't expecting that" and she's talking about how it was so inspirational and I was kinda confused

so the next girl goes and my teacher gives her her reaction to the dance and as the next performers are getting ready she goes "oh Rachel I just loved how-" i don't even remember what she said but it kinda made me think "oh okay Tara I guess you really liked it"

so we get out of class and my classmates are all going on about how good I was and even some of the dance majors who watched were raving and gave me hugs so I had to accept that hey, that wasn't as bad as I thought

WELL THAT WAS APPARENTLY AN UNDERSTATEMENT

so about an hour later I have to go up to the theater for a majors meeting and a couple of my classmates are all "Rachel you were adorable and fantastic" and one of my friends who isn't in the class and didn't observe was like "yeah I heard it was really great" and I was confused and she said "I know cause I'm in Tara's tap class"

so I assumed that Tara'd been talking about the finals in her dance class and it was pretty exciting that she'd brought up mine.

so a couple hours later I'm talking to another girl in the tap class and I mentioned that I had my dance final today and she just goes "OH YOU'RE THE RACHEL TARA WAS TALKING ABOUT!" and it turns out she was raving about my dance because I apparently moved her to tears

which, you know. holy shit how did I manage that and I've been super excited since then.

tl;dr I FUCKED UP ON MY DANCE FINAL AND SOMEHOW MY TEACHER WAS REALLY MOVED BY IT AND RANTED TO HER NEXT CLASS ABOUT IT AND WOW I'M SO HAPPY

That's great!:D

It's the best feeling in the world, isn't it? First you're choking up and stressing out, and then you completely grab the task right by the horns and leave a winner.

I'm not really sure if I've ever had that kind of amazing luck, but kudos to you for pulling it off! :D

aaah thank you everyone! even yesterday i kept hearing about it from people who had heard about it and it was really lovely

Back
Top Bottom