• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

2012: Doom year? O_O

2012 = Doomsday?

• Yes...and we must fear it!

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I think that it's possible

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I'm very skeptical about it...

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • Hell no

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
If nothing happens at all then I say that we have at least 5 million years left. The Sun will get likt 5 time bigger (unless we evolve to the point where 15 billion degrees is considered "cold")
How does our resilience to extremely high temperatures determine the size of the Sun? (yes, I love pointing out bad logic)

It's a Hypothesis. Hypothesis's (Hypothesi?) are there to be disproven. Enough said... and if anyone is right then it will be too late to care. We'll all be dead then... so why care?

Hypotheses.

Last edited:
My bad, I meant that when the sun goes Red Giant then it will get hotter, ALOT hotter. Unless we have evolved where technology will make us alot better suited to weather then good. If not, then we are goners.

My bad, I meant that when the sun goes Red Giant then it will get hotter, ALOT hotter. Unless we have evolved where technology will make us alot better suited to weather then good. If not, then we are goners.

iirc, when we did astrology in science last year this video said something about the sun swallowing Mercury and Venus. Until then, the sun isn't going to change much, if at all, so it wouldn't help us evolve over time.

iirc, when we did astrology in science last year this video said something about the sun swallowing Mercury and Venus. Until then, the sun isn't going to change much, if at all, so it wouldn't help us evolve over time.

We built and learned how to route electricity, builded planes, made buildings larger than 100 feet, are able to connect and send information over the entire globe in seconds and have seen beyond the solar system. All in 120 years.

If we're still alive by then, and are still pretty sane, I do expect that we would have somethingthat can make the world a better place. I heard somewhere that technology would evolve so far that we would be able to create our own utopia in about 200 years.

It's gonna happen. It'll be 2012, the summer Olympics. Michael Phelps will have just gotten another medal. The world will bend to his pure awesomeness, and everything will blow up.

No, really. It's just a bunch of baloney.

Back
Top Bottom