• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Mafia 3: Silence Will Fall [CLOSED]

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Silence, Doctor, Silence will fall.

Earth, United States of America, 1969.

For three months they travelled across the United States, searching for something they couldn't even remember. Something in the dark. That thing you see with the corner of your eye. The shadows in the night, the darkness. The Silence around you as your heart stops, frozen in fear as you listen, you think you see something, though you will never remember what you saw.

Amy Pond, the girl who waited; her husband Rory Williams, the Last Centurion; and River Song, the woman who even the Doctor hadn't met yet, all of them were searching, waiting... counting.

They were planting the seeds of a new revolution in America, and the Silence will fall.

Roles:

Mafia

The Silence: (1) The Silent selects one player each night, this player is forced to vote for the player of the Silent's choice during the next day phase. The player cannot say they were forced by the Silent to do so, nor can they make the post obvious to the rest of the players that they are under the control of the Silent. This player is also silenced once the vote is made. The Silent acts as mafia don, should the Silent be killed, the Wittness will take it's place, then the Warden, then the Influenced Human. Players who do not follow the instructions will be modkilled. (AKA Killed by the Silence for not following directions.)(Further instructions will be given to the target)​

Influenced Human: These humans are under the suggestion of the Silence, though they are not aware of it.​

Influenced Wittness: This player may frame one person per night. Should the framed player be investigated duing that night by an inspector the results will always be mafia.​

Influenced Warden: This player selects one player each night and prevent their night action from happening.​

Innocents

Amy Pond: Each night phase Amy selects one player to learn their alignment. Should Rory Williams be killed Amy will commit suicide.

Rory Williams: May select one player per night to heal, also targets one player each night. Should Amy Pond be killed that night the targetted player is killed in revenge.

River Song: Spoilers. At the beginning of the game, River Song will know the identity of a random mafia member. She may only reveal this fact, and her identity, to one player in the entire game. This one player that she chooses may not further tell other people who the mafia member is OR what player is River Song.

Canton Everett Delaware III: Although innocent will come up mafia upon inspection. Jack of All Trades.

President Nixon: Each night may select one player have followed to learn who they targetted last and what their role is.

Secret Service Agent: Selects one player to protect each night, if that player is targetted by a killing role the agent will die instead.

Medic: This player can select one player to heal each night preventing their death.

Nurse: If the medic is killed the nurse takes over their role.

If you do not receive a PM you are considered a Citizen of the US. You have many roles, but they don't really matter. If whoever plays Nixon fails you can vote for the other guy next election.

Rules

1. NO out of thread communication for innocents. Mafia may talk amongst each other ONLY.
2. You do not send your action each night (if you have one) you will be modkilled. No exceptions. You may opt to withhold your action for a later time if you wish.
3. Doctors may not self heal.
4. Have fun.

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Who Mafia 3: Silence Will Fall

I've really wanted to try one of these Doctor Who mafia games out. I think I'll join, if that's okay.

Ok, we have a decent number of players now. I still have the Torchwood Mafia going so I will want to finish with that one before starting this one.

I won't post roles for a little while yet. Mafia roles will be posted, unlike the Torchwood one.

Feel free to keep signing up, a bigger game means more chance for activity. I like activity. :)

Well... I've never watched Doctor Who, but why not? I suppose this will just mean the game will be a bit more difficult for me.

I just hope I don't get mafia. Fakeclaiming would be horrible.

I know you probably decided on the Silence yourself but for the sake of my ego, I will convince myself you did this because of my suggestion =P

I know you probably decided on the Silence yourself but for the sake of my ego, I will convince myself you did this because of my suggestion =P

... no need to convince yourself. You said it in what.... I think it was Voodoo and Vampires? And I said I liked it. I am still working on the Vashta Nerada and have a good idea for the Krillitanes. Though I've come to the conclusion that the Vashta Nerada might work better as an RP rather than a mafia game; so I will keep working on that.

WOW 15 people. Still open for people to sign up,(BTW President Nixon's role is the lolz) and for Torchwood Mafia: Season of Angels to finish up.

If it's starting soon, then I might want not sign up since I won't be able to have internet access from July 10-15.

Came back from the trip. Guess I will sign up for the game then. :D

Having some issues irl. May take some time.

Will be posting in first post the outline for the story.

Last edited:

Double posting: Sorry!

I added roles, now if by some miracle I get three more people I will add the other roles I have, which are more huge game oriented.... I've never ran a game this big. I loving this.

Also I welcome suggestions. There are some roles I made but haven't added. Kind of on the fence about them.

Suggestions?

THE ALMIGHTY TRIPLE POST!

Alright people, I'm ready to begin, any last minute suggestions? This will be the last chance for role suggestions.

Wait-
Does the Mafia have a kill?
Is The Silence able to Influence as well as kill?

Yes, the Silent sends in the nightly kill... Thank you, I seemed to have forgotten that.

Yes, though the influence thing may seem overpowered it's not. With River's ability, and the fact that people are expecting it, it is mainly to get the mafia to have one vote in their favor.

Edit, also might help with bandwagon-itis.

I totally did not forget about this. So last chance to ask questions and give ideas for INNOCENT roles.

Otherwise, PM's out in 24 hours.

EDIT: WOOO 1,600 posts.

Back
Top Bottom