• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Aorio Hoshi Forums

Giant Squid

The Dull Tapping of Sharp Math
Link.

The site itself is under construction (and I'll link you all to it when it's read to be unveiled) but the forums have been open for a good two weeks. The only real reason I'm posting this is because I want feedback on the skin. It's pretty dodgy so I wish to know where you all think it could be improved.

And join if you want, but I don't really care about whether you do or not.

The banner's pretty obnoxiousy huge, and the yellow bar at the top is pretty random, given the red/blue scheme that dominates the remainder of the board. The "hide this category" arrows look really ugly against the light pink background, and in general the default vB images integrate poorly with the layout. Tiny fixed-widthness wastes huge tracts of my screenspace.

Other than that, no real problems. The basic color scheme is good and readable.

Last edited:
The button that brings you back to the top of the page doesn't look like it matches, with blue corners and all. I like the yellow bars, though.

It's a very nice and well-put together site, however I can't see anything that would attract me away from TCoD and onto this forum other than a pretty layout.

Basically, this site does what TCoD is already doing, so you might want to work on that.

Other than that, nice job! (:

EDIT: also, where the catergory titles are (the white against pink) is quite hard to discern.

Back
Top Bottom