• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

'Shipping Fan Club~

Salamander! Put a link to your ship manifesto here when youre done! I love ship manifestos, they're so well thought-out <3

Hello Dawn! What pairings do you ship?

Because what this club totally needs is more memes, I thought I'd post this not-strictly-ship-related-but-still-fun-one here, because a) it's sort of ship-raleated, b) with good shows come good ships, so really it's a means to an end, and c) there hasn't been so much activity here lately, and that makes me sad.

Okay? Okay!

1 - A show that should never have been cancelled I utterly cannot decide between Firefly and Pushing Daisies.
2 - A show that you wish more people were watching None of the shows I really love are airing right now... but I've never met another person who watched Bad Girls, so.
3 - Your favorite new show (aired this t.v season) Sher-freakin-lock <3
4 - Your favorite show ever Buffy :D
5 - A show you hate Hate is a strong word. And I would happily apply it to Family Guy and Two and a Half Men.
6 - Favorite episode of your favorite t.v show Very possibly Once More, With Feeling :D
7 - Least favorite episode of your favorite t.v show Seeing Red D:
8 - A show everyone should watch THE WEST WING. If everyone watched it, the world would be a much better place.
9 - Best scene ever The series 2 finale of The West Wing. The President shouting at God in untranslated Latin. Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.
10 - A show you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving Gavin and Stacey XD
11 - A show that disappointed you House, due to later seasons.
12 - An episode you've watched more than 5 times Hush, from Buffy S4.
13 - Favorite childhood show Scooby Doo :D
14 - Favorite male character I think at the moment, it'll have to be a toss-up between John and Sherlock X3 Though Jed/Leo/Josh/Toby from TWW are all amazing. And Giles!
15 - Favorite female character Taraaaaaa <3
16 - Your guilty pleasure show Torchwood. And Murder in Suburbia.
17 - Favorite mini series Sherlock, if it counts. It was three episodes, so it totally should.
18 - Favorite title sequence Dexter. If you havent' seen it, look for it on Youtube, it's excellent.
19 - Best t.v show cast The West Wing. Everyone is perfect.
20 - Favorite kiss I'm going to surprise everyone now and say Nikki and Helen's first kiss in Bad Girls.
21 - Favorite ship Tara/Willow <3
22 - Favorite series finale Buffy S5. GUH.
23 - Most annoying character Kim from 24. She makes Dawn fully bearable.
24 - Best quote Oh, now this is just unfair. I'm fond of the "You ripping my clothes off in a darkend swimming pool" from Sherlock, but there are so many good lines in Buffy, and the writing in The West Wing is completely unparalleled. My sister and I also quote The Office and Green Wing far, far too much.
25 - A show you plan on watching (old or new) Community and Dexter. I've seen the first two episodes of both, and look forward to seeing more!
26 - OMG WTF? Season finale SHERLOCK AAARGH.
27 - Best pilot episode Sherlock again. A Study in Pink is absolutely phenomenal. The West Wing does very well here, too.
28 - First t.v show obsession Hmm, I dunno. 24, I think. Azumanga Daioh maybe?
29 - Current t.v show obsession I think I might just have made my love of Sherlock fairly clear here so far...
30 - Saddest character death If you know me at all, you know this. Though *HIS* death in Torchwood was utterly heartbreaking, too, as was *HIS* in 24. And *HIS* in The West Wing, made sadder by the actual actor dying as well ;~;

:D?

Meeeeeme! I must do it. :D And yes, lack of activity makes me sad also. :(

MEME! I must do. :D I agree, we need both more memes and more activity. And more memes! :3

1 - A show that should never have been cancelled ...I'm going to say Firefly, even though I've never actually seen it. I've had it drilled into me.
2 - A show that you wish more people were watching This series of Merlin! People seem to have abandoned it, this depresses me. ;~;
3 - Your favorite new show (aired this t.v season) Sherlock!
4 - Your favorite show ever Buffy for me as well!
5 - A show you hate Ehh, I don't really hate any show... if I don't like something, I don't watch enough of it to feel comfortable 'hating' it. But I have a sort of love/hate relationship with the Simpsons, not gonna lie.
6 - Favorite episode of your favorite t.v show Ooooh, so very tough. Tie-up between Once More With Feeling, Fool For Love, the Body... list goes on. I have my favourite technical episode, favourite emotional episode, favourite shock episode...
7 - Least favorite episode of your favorite t.v show Ahah, I dunno. I even like the usual bad, old ones that other Buffy fans tend to despise. But the least favourite to watch would be either Seeing Red or the Body (yes, it can be both one of my favourites and least favourites to watch...) but not because they're poor episodes!
8 - A show everyone should watch Friends! I don't care what people say, I think it's genuinely brilliant and hilarious.
9 - Best scene ever Ooof, so hard to decide... but perhaps the scene when Buffy jumps in the Gift, Buffy, Spike's speech near the end of Fool for Love about the Slayer's death wish, or any number of Buffy ones I've forgotten. I'm sure there are also many awesome ones in Avatar (Zuko and Iroh's hair-cutting comes to mind) but as I've only watched the series once, I can't pinpoint any particular scene.
10 - A show you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving Friends, for sure. Although, the same also goes for Buffy... I think it might have been the silly name. I thought I'd like it, just not as much as I actually did... which is a lot. :'D
11 - A show that disappointed you Glee. I feel mean, but it's just a liiiittle overly hyped. Buffy S7 too, although it's a bit better on rewatch.
12 - An episode you've watched more than 5 times Fool for Love, Out of My Mind, Hush, Something Blue, a whole load more from Buffy. And pretty much all of Friends, I'm not even kidding; thank you E4, thank you!
13 - Favorite childhood show Tough... didn't really watch any ongoing shows when I was younger.
14 - Favorite male character Spike (Buffy), Zuko (Avatar).
15 - Favorite female character Fred (Angel), Buffy (guess).
16 - Your guilty pleasure show Torchwood and Lip Service.
17 - Favorite mini series Sherlock if we are indeed counting it.
18 - Favorite title sequence Hrmph... hard. I'll go for Angel, since I love it colour-coding characters. Don't ask...
19 - Best t.v show cast Grahh, so hard! Friends, though, I guess. Or maybe Buffy, but there are a few main Buffy characters I care not so much about.
20 - Favorite kiss Fred and Wesley's "snug little nest" kiss at the beginning of Hole in the World, if only for pure horror factor. Stupid devastating episode.
21 - Favorite ship Fred/Wesley, Buffy/Spike, Zuko/Katara.
22 - Favorite series finale Buffy season 5 if it counts... man.
23 - Most annoying character RILEY oh dear god Riley. Me and and a friend make it our mission in life to compare every annoying situation we get into to Riley.
24 - Best quote Gahhhh, I couldn't possibly decide! I'll go with Spike's death wish speech from Fool for Love, which pretty much made that episode from me. So chilling, so good, so memorable.
25 - A show you plan on watching (old or new) The West Wing, eventually!
26 - OMG WTF? Season finale Sherlock!
27 - Best pilot episode Ehh, probably Sherlock.
28 - First t.v show obsession Friends, probably. Buffy was my first big obsession of a TV show.
29 - Current t.v show obsession Merlin and Lip Service.
30 - Saddest character death Absolutely
Fred. Dear god, Fred. Probably the most upsetting death of any character I've ever loved, not helped at all by the fact that Illyria went parading around in her body for the rest of the season. Just... Fred.
but also
Joyce
which is obviously very sad. The Buffyverse was really good with making horribly affecting deaths. o_O I'm sure there are more I've forgotten, actually.

Now that that's over with (ahhh memes, how I missed you), anyone watching Lip Service? Not sure how obscure it is, but there might be at least someone in the UK watching it.

Basically it's... the L Word, set in Glasgow. Interesting. Obviously it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, and there were things I didn't like about the pilot... but there are a few gems in there (namely the characters of Tess and Cat) and I'm looking forward to seeing whether they can pull this show off. It could quite easily turn crap from here on, unfortunately. I'm liking Jackie too, Shane rip-off as she is. :C

Ahahaha, well I just had a very distracting hour or so, reading through every post in this thread. I love the old Buffy discussion! XD

(and I was totally right, Donna and Josh do become canon)

I'm just posting here to rant about pairings from shows that I doubt anybody's watched (one in particular I'd be surprised if anybody's heard of) because I can't think of anywhere else to do it. Plus, this is a great club, and deserves reviving :D

So in the last month or so, I've managed to gain +3 in Ships I Love. Of course, fandom, being the wacky place it is, has an inversely proportional amount of fandom for the amount of sense the ship makes.

Links to fanvids I enjoy :D

Pairing 1 - Angela/Mary, Wild West

So the one with the smallest fandom (I think there are six fics and two vids total, all by the same person) is from a TV show I'd never heard of till the other day, Wild West. It sounds like a show with cowboys, but no, it's set in a remote villiage in Cornwall (that's like an even bleaker version of my hometown). Angela and Mary are the main characters (played to perfection by the lovely Catherine Tate and Dawn French) and are a canon couple in the show (well, mostly). While their relationship at times carries undertones of "I'll stay with a woman because it's safe and easy, but I'd really like a man", they are actually very sweet together and I can totally see myself in a very similar relationship when I'm older XD

Pairing 2 - Alex/Shaz, Ashes to Ashes

Ashes to Ashes is a brilliant sort-of cop show sort-of set in the 80's (it is very genre-defying). The pairing's not canon, although it is hinted at rather strongly that Shaz fancies Alex (Alex dresses up as a prostitute for an undercover mission - Shaz looks her up and down and says "I'd pay"), and because Shaz is the most adorable thing in the world, I want it to happen.
Plus, her in-universe boyfriend Chris is very sweet, but I just feel she's too intelligent for him, and she shouldn't have to put up with his (unintentional) sexist comments, and I think she'd be happy with Alex.

Pairing 3 - Maria/Sarah Jane, The Sarah Jane Adventures

And this is my third pairing, which I hate myself for liking (but, contrast to the other two, has by far the biggest following). A few pages back on this thread, I was saying "No, I don't like crossgen pairings! They're too icky for me!". Well. Maria is fourteen. Sarah Jane is nearly sixty. I know. I think I'm a horrible person, too.
In my defense - I only actually ship them when Maria's aged up. And, SJA being set in the Doctor Who universe, there are any number of timey-wimey plot devices that can be used to age Sarah Jane down. And even if she's not, the main canon pairings on the other Whoniverse shows feature a 1,000-year old Doctor with a 19-year-old Rose, and a 2,000-year old Jack with a 25-year old Ianto, so it's not as bad as you'd think.

Also - they bloody ship themselves. I watch this show and constantly find myself yelling at the screen for them having such inappropriate subtext because I don't want to ship it, but then they say things like "She's not alone, she's got me!" and "They told me to give this to the person I trust most in the world" and, in a scene that named the pairing's LJ community, Maria asks, in reference to the fact that Sarah Jane's been on her own since she stopped travelling with the Doctor, "Don’t you wish you’d found someone special to share it all with?". Sarah Jane puts an arm around her, looks her in the eye and says "Oh, I think I have. For the second time."

Right then.

Last edited:
!

I pop in here for a moment, intending to get active again... and there's a post in this thread! Amazing!

Danni, those ships sound pretty adorable; I might watch a series or two if I was at home and had free time, but for now I think I'll have to take your word on them? I... honestly do not judge you for whatever crossgen things you ship, because I am positive I have shipped worse. WE CAN'T HELP IT, DON'T JUDGE USSSS D; But then, I might just be crazy and you might be perfectly sane, so I won't assume.

Let's see, shipping shipping... Well, I've been doing this 30-day shipping meme at LJ that is taking more than 30 days because I'm lazy, so I could share that for those who want to do it I guess?

Day 01 - What is your current favorite ship?
Day 02 - What was your very first ship?
Day 03 - A pairing that needs to happen now?
Day 04 - The pairing with the most chemistry?
Day 05 - The pairing with the least chemistry?
Day 06 - The best kiss?
Day 07 - The most heartbreaking scene?
Day 08 - The pairing with the most baggage?
Day 09 - The most believable relationship?
Day 10 - Why aren’t these two married in real life?
Day 11 - What is your dream pairing?
Day 12 - Who had the best wedding?
Day 13 - What is your favorite television pairing?
Day 14 - What is your favorite book pairing?
Day 15 - What is your favorite real life pairing?
Day 16 - What is the absolute worst pairing?
Day 17 - A pairing you thought would never work out, but did?
Day 18 - What is the cutest pairing?
Day 19 - A pairing you’ve rooted for since the beginning?
Day 20 - The ‘can’t stand the sexual tension anymore’ pairing?
Day 21 - A pairing you like and no one else understands why?
Day 22 - A pairing you hate and no one else understands why?
Day 23 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out great?
Day 24 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out badly?
Day 25 - A pairing that was/would-be adorable, but could never work out?
Day 26 - A pairing that you hated and ended up loving?
Day 27 - A pairing that you loved and ended up hating?
Day 28 - A pairing that you will never understand?
Day 29 - What ship had the best proposal?
Day 30 - Your favorite ship forever and ever and ever!

I don't like some of the questions, but I'm having fun with it.

Also! I've been shipping way too much Pokemon, because that's my current big fandom. Did you know that Wallace/Winona is awesome in the manga? Or that Red/Green is classic and amazing in the games? Because I'm telling you that now! :D So yes, I can ramble about that for hours if asked, which means you probably shouldn't ask me. Also loving Pokemon White, eeeee~ Though I cannot stand to ship N with anyone, unlike 99% of the fandom. Ugh.

Yeaaah, that's about all. Glad to be back and see this place back! <3

EDIT: OH and I made a shippy icon.
nekushiki.png

WHOOO shipping memes, oh Salamander, you do sure know how to brighten my day :D

Day 01 - What is your current favorite ship? SarahJaneandMariaohGodIamabadperson.
Day 02 - What was your very first ship? I think it was Rikku/Paine from FFX-2, but I think there were some ships I supported before I knew what shipping was.
Day 03 - A pairing that needs to happen now? See #11.
Day 04 - The pairing with the most chemistry? I want to say Willow and Tara :D
Day 05 - The pairing with the least chemistry? Willow/Buffy, I suppose. It’s really popular, but I don’t get a shippy vibe from them at all.
Day 06 - The best kiss? Helen and Nikki in Bad Girls, I think.
Day 07 - The most heartbreaking scene? “Your shirt.” ;~;
Day 08 - The pairing with the most baggage? I’ve found myself sort-of shipping CJ and Abbey from TWW (there’s not a lot of femslash, so I can’t be picky with my pairings) and it’s actually really sweet, but would NOT be easy, realistically.
Day 09 - The most believable relationship? Probably Mary and Angela from Wild West. They’re so adorably domestic.
Day 10 - Why aren’t these two married in real life? I don’t ship it, but I do sort of think this about Simon Pegg and Nick Frost XD
Day 11 - What is your dream pairing? Is this an “I wish they’d made it canon” question? If so, I’ll probably say either Shaz and Alex from Ashes to Ashes (I genuinely thought the writers were heading that way for a few episodes, and was very sad when they didn’t) or Yukari and Nyamo from Azumanga Daioh.
Day 12 - Who had the best wedding? You know, I can’t think of a single pairing I ship that had an onscreen wedding.
Day 13 - What is your favorite television pairing? Willow/Tara.
Day 14 - What is your favorite book pairing? I do have one, but I won’t say. It’s one of those ‘I shipped it before I knew what shipping was’ pairings, though.
Day 15 - What is your favorite real life pairing? I don’t really ship real people.
Day 16 - What is the absolute worst pairing? I do have quite a bit of dislike for Buffy/Spike ><
Day 17 - A pairing you thought would never work out, but did? Nikki and Helen, I guess. I was so conditioned by American TV to think “two women? One/both of them will end up heterosexual/pregnant/dead”, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Day 18 - What is the cutest pairing? Willow and Taraaaaaa :3
Day 19 - A pairing you’ve rooted for since the beginning? I shipped John and Sherlock from the moment I knew the BBC were doing an adaptation. Auntie Beeb never disappoints :D
Day 20 - The ‘can’t stand the sexual tension anymore’ pairing? I do sort of wish Ash and Scribbs (from Murder in Suburbia) would stop complaining to one another how rubbish men are and sleep together already.
Day 21 - A pairing you like and no one else understands why? Alex/Shaz has a ridiculously small fanbase, given how big the A2A fandom is and how obvious the pairing is.
Day 22 - A pairing you hate and no one else understands why? I can’t think of any pairings I really ‘hate’… I just sort of avoid fanworks about the ship if I don’t like it.
Day 23 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out great? See below.
Day 24 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out badly? The only major crazy love quadrilateral I can think of that I have ships for are the four main characters in Merlin (Arthur, Gwen, Morgana and Merlin). Of these, I totally ship Gwen/Morgana and Merlin/Arthur (neither of which happen, but the writers love to shiptease), although the sheer number of people who ship the latter to the exclusion of anything else has put me off it a bit.
Day 25 - A pairing that was/would-be adorable, but could never work out? CJ and her assistant Carol, from The West Wing. I’m not even sure why I ship it.
Day 26 - A pairing that you hated and ended up loving? I’m not sure if this counts, but if, before I watched the Sarah Jane Adventures, someone told me what my favourite pairing would be…
Day 27 - A pairing that you loved and ended up hating? Nothing I can think of off the top of my head…
Day 28 - A pairing that you will never understand? Lots of the ships I like defy logic, thinking about it.
Day 29 - What ship had the best proposal? I don’t think any of my ships have had proposals, either…
Day 30 - Your favorite ship forever and ever and ever! Willow and Tara, of course :3

Eeeee, that was fun! :D

The Pokemon fandom intrigues me. It's so huge and I don't understand it at all, but I love the fanvid you made for it the other week :D
Actually, speaking of Pokemon pairings, I found myself sort-of shipping Juniper and Bianca while playing Black, which I felt terrible for doing. I don't know where this mentor/student thing has come from, but I wish it'd go away because it's creepy ><

Edit: Okay, I do sort of ship Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. But only because they ask for it.

Last edited:
OMG I HAVE to do this.

Day 01 - What is your current favorite ship? GerIta. No duh.
Day 02 - What was your very first ship? Pikashipping.
Day 03 - A pairing that needs to happen now? All the good ones are already out there. :P
Day 04 - The pairing with the most chemistry? Er... Ash and Misty, even though I don't directly support it.
Day 05 - The pairing with the least chemistry? PruCan. As far as I know, those two haven't even met.
Day 06 - The best kiss? That one time with Taggart and Jo in Eureka. In H.O.U.S.E. Rules.
Day 07 - The most heartbreaking scene? Revolutionary War.
Day 08 - The pairing with the most baggage? ..What?
Day 09 - The most believable relationship? Yuki x Tohru in Fruits Basket.
Day 10 - Why aren’t these two married in real life? What?
Day 11 - What is your dream pairing? I dunno.
Day 12 - Who had the best wedding? ...*doesn't watch romance anime*
Day 13 - What is your favorite television pairing? Taggart and Jo.
Day 14 - What is your favorite book pairing? Annabeth and Percy.
Day 15 - What is your favorite real life pairing? I don't do that.
Day 16 - What is the absolute worst pairing? I don't have any that I hate. Except for Russia x China. That one's just weird.
Day 17 - A pairing you thought would never work out, but did? Ahh... I dunno.
Day 18 - What is the cutest pairing? USUK.
Day 19 - A pairing you’ve rooted for since the beginning? SatoHika and Tailseam.
Day 20 - The ‘can’t stand the sexual tension anymore’ pairing? FRUK. Mostly a crack pairing for me.
Day 21 - A pairing you like and no one else understands why? TARDIS x Doctor. At least, I think nobody would understand it.
Day 22 - A pairing you hate and no one else understands why? Trillian and Wowbagger. That one is poop.
Day 23 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out great?
Day 24 - A crazy love triangle/quadrilateral that worked out badly?
Day 25 - A pairing that was/would-be adorable, but could never work out? Again, FRUK. Everyone knows France hates England in canon.
Day 26 - A pairing that you hated and ended up loving? *has not been shipping that long*
Day 27 - A pairing that you loved and ended up hating?
Day 28 - A pairing that you will never understand? Russia x China. Makes no sense.
Day 29 - What ship had the best proposal? GerIta. Y U NO ACCEPT ITALY U CAN SEE CLEARLY THAT HE IS HRE
Day 30 - Your favorite ship forever and ever and ever! Manic x OC. I have no idea why.

Whee I found a shipping club.

Back
Top Bottom