• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] Lilypad vs Dar (ref: blazheirio889)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I'll still be awake/if I'll remember about this an hour from now, so I'll just go ahead and issue a DQ warning for Dar now. 25 hours.

Alright, make sure you stay grounded and use Misty Terrain to negate the sleep. Follow it up with a Moonblast, but if you end up asleep anyway then use Sleep Talk. Finally, finish with a Draining Kiss or a Sleep Talk underthe earlier conditions.

Misty Terrain ~ Moonblast/Sleep Talk ~ Draining Kiss/Sleep Talk

Okay, Flo, the next thing you're about to do is very important. Please don't disappoint me.

So, listen. Yay! Everything worked out. Since you apparently don't want to attack him, why not just fake-attack him? It's not even a real attack! And Spritzee will be super impressed with how you came up with a plan to work around his Trainer's plan! If you want to take responsibility for being clever, you can, but if you don't want Spritzee to think you want any harm against him (which it doesn't even harm him that much! Its a fake attack!), you can just blame everything on me. But it is very important that you do this and that it works! Please, Flo, please.

If you just ab-so-lutely cannot bear to attack him, even with a fake attack, calm your mind so you can think clearly about your relationship, or whatever. But please try to fake out first.

Next, for the next two actions, if he's asleep, Dream Eater to heal up some energy. You'll get to see what his dreams are! And if you see what his dreams are, maybe you can help fufill them, together. If somehow he's not asleep, throw up a Light Screen second action and then Psyshock third action. If you can't bear, Calm Mind for reasons above.

Fake Out/Calm Mind~Dream Eater/Light Screen/Calm Mind~Dream Eater/Psyshock/Calm Mind

Metallica Fanboy said:
1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Arena: Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

Round Four

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Health: 91%
Energy: 83%
Status: Once again overcome by Spritzee’s charm. -1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Attracted (moderate). Psychic is disabled (4 more actions).
Commands: Fake Out/Calm Mind ~ Dream Eater/Light Screen/Calm Mind ~ Dream Eater/Psyshock/Calm Mind

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Health: 87%
Energy: 72%
Status: Fighting a losing battle against drowsiness. Has two clones. Will fall asleep in one action.
Commands: Misty Terrain ~ Moonblast/Sleep Talk ~ Draining Kiss/Sleep Talk

In a last-ditch effort to ward off his sleepiness, Spritzee began to leak a peculiar shimmering pink mist from his nostrils. If he could just get the smoke thick enough, it would be able to lift his consciousness out of the deep pits of sleep. He blinked rapidly in an effort to stay awake – and in the space of a blink, Flo was suddenly in front of him, a wickedly playful grin stretched across her usually-blank face and her paw upraised to deal what Spritzee assumed would be a ferocious blow. He squeaked, forgetting to continue dispensing fairy smoke in his terror, his clones fading away as his concentration faltered, and was only able to squeeze his eyes shut before Flo… lightly bopped him on the nose. It was too much for Spritzee. His previous overwhelming drowsiness, along with the panic that Flo had instilled in him, caused him to slide limply to the ground, quite comatose.

Flo giggled at her joke. She sure showed him! And her trainer was right – Spritzee did look adorable while he slept. Perhaps his dreams would be just as adorable. Eagerly, Flo slipped into Spritzee’s mind to take a peek. He was floating happily around a field full of fragrant flowers, gleefully breathing in their scent – altogether quite a normal dream for a Spritzee. There was one problem, though. Flo wasn’t there. Highly offended that she wasn’t in his thoughts, Flo angrily tore at Spritzee’s dream. Spritzee suddenly found it took far more effort to move, and when he looked down he realized that swathes of flowers were being replaced by quicksand.

Oddly enough, Spritzee felt no panic upon realizing that he was slowly sinking into quicksand. This was his dream, and he could do anything if he focused on his subconscious and manipulated it. A deep sense of calm stole through him, and as he meditated, much of the quicksand solidified into loosely-packed black soil. Plants sprouted from the new soil, leaves unfurling and buds bursting into flowers in fast-motion. A stone wall slowly rose out of the ground along the perimeter of the garden.

Flo watched the walls rise with irritation. So Spritzee wanted to keep her out, huh? He didn’t want her to be with him? Her rage growing, Flo ripped at the walls, tearing off large chunks of rock and hurling them at Spritzee. In the dream Spritzee felt no pain, but he was weighed down by the boulders, making movement much more difficult and effortful. The flowers around the areas of broken wall began to wither and sink into the ground, which was starting to break into pieces and float up into the sky. The dream was coming apart the seams, and if Flo kept damaging it, Spritzee was sure to wake. Sensing this, Flo quickly retreated from Spritzee’s mind.

When Flo opened her eyes, she saw that Spritzee’s sleep was much more fitful. He grunted and groaned, then suddenly began to emit a series of chiming noises. They reverberated around the plaza, putting all who heard it in a state of clear-minded wakefulness – including Spritzee, who suddenly jolted awake with a snort, roused by his own actions. For a moment he simply lay on his side, dazed and disoriented, before righting himself again and fixing Flo with a glare. Attacking a sleeping opponent was an underhanded trick. Flo winced slightly but otherwise matched his stare, growing more and more convinced that Spritzee didn’t really care for her at all.

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Energy: 80%
Status: Quite heartsick. -1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Attracted (very light). Psychic is disabled (1 more action).
Commands: Fake Out ~ Dream Eater ~ Dream Eater

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Health: 83%
Energy: 42%
Status: Awake, but starting to feel worn out. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense.
Commands: flinched ~ Calm Mind ~ Heal Bell

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Lilypad attacks first next round.
Flo got lucky and managed to hit the real Spritzee with Fake Out.
One more round! Make it count, guys!

Woah, I didn't even remember Spritzee had clones.

Flo? Flo. Look, honey, I'm sorry. I know this battle has been tough, finally realizing Spritzee doesn't like you all that much and now this is our last round together. But we're going to win this, I just know it!

Alright Flo, he is probably going to try to status you. ...Wait, whaddya mean you can't learn Taunt? Agh. Then go ahead and Thunder Wave. If he's trying to Status you, Magic Coat. If he's upping his stats, Snatch.

Next, if he's Paralyzed and trying to up his own stats, Snatch that. If anything else, Psychic, and if he's trying to status you, Magic Coat.

Lastly, Psychic if you can hit, Magic Coat if he's trying to status. Snatch if he's trying to up his stats.

Great job, Flo!

Thunder Wave/Magic Coat/Snatch~Snatch/Psychic/Magic Coat~Psychic/Magic Coat/Snatch

But, Dar, how lucky you were that Sleep Talk called Heal Bell. What have I done wrong, Random Number Gods?

Alright, try to block whatever he throws at you with a Magic Coat. And... To be honest, things aren't looking good for us, so just try and go full force with two Moonblasts.

Magic Coat ~ Moonblast x2

Metallica Fanboy said:
1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Arena: Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

Round Five

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Energy: 80%
Status: Quite heartsick. -1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense. Attracted (very light). Psychic is disabled (1 more action).
Commands: Thunder Wave/Magic Coat/Snatch ~ Snatch/Psychic/Magic Coat ~ Psychic/Magic Coat/Snatch

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Health: 83%
Energy: 42%
Status: Awake, but starting to feel worn out. +1 sp. attack, +1 sp. defense.
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Moonblast ~ Moonblast

Before Flo could even think of moving, Spritzee had already spun a thin, temporary shroud of glittering Psychic energy around himself. As a psychic herself, Flo immediately recognized the distinctive shimmer. The gears in her head started spinning frantically. If she tried to debilitate him, she knew it would rebound and she'd only end up zapping herself. But to be technical, he wasn't the one trying to inflict status... Eventually, loyalty to her trainer won out, even though Flo knew it was going to be a bad idea. She rubbed her front paws together to generate as much static as she could, then threw the resulting electricity at Spritzee in a jagged arc. Sure enough, it bounced right off, straight back at Flo, hitting her square in the stomach. She squealed in discomfort as the electricity ran through her body, causing muscles to spasm at random.

Spritzee smirked and let the Magic Coat drop, amused that it had worked twice. While Flo struggled to get her body under control, Spritzee tilted his head upwards, nose pointing at the moon, and gave an unearthly cry. The moon, clearly visible in the approaching twilight, seemed to shine brighter for a moment, and Spritzee was enveloped in a similar white glow. He concentrated the aura into a brilliant sphere in front of him, infusing it with his own Fairy powers and tingeing it a faint pink, and then let it fly. It exploded when it collided with Flo, searing her painfully and knocking her off her feet. She gave a shocked cry. The attack was powerful enough that it wiped away any lingering doubts Flo had about Spritzee's feelings -- or lack thereof.

Lying on her side, Flo found that her body cooperated more when she wasn't concentrating on trying to stand and keep her balance. She wouldn't need to stand to perform her next attack, anyway. Extending her psychic powers, she forced herself into Spritzee's mind, pleased to note that his brain no longer seemed to be a jumbled mess. She located the pain centers with ease and gleefully pounded away at them, relishing in Spritzee's shrieks of agony. Spritzee felt like his brain was on fire, even though his previous meditation had fortified his mental defenses somewhat. When the onslaught ended, it took him several moments to get his bearings again.

The only way to respond was to retaliate with an attack that was just as strong. Though his body begged for a rest, Spritzee called upon the moon once more to give him strength, and he concentrated the resulting power into a dangerous, unstable sphere. Flo was a sitting duck, and she could only close her eyes before it crashed down on her, setting her nerves alight with pain. This time, the orb exploded in a shower of rosy sparks that swirled erratically in the air. Dizzy with pain and mesmerized by the light show, Flo found it difficult to concentrate.

But concentrate she must, as this would be her last opportunity to land a decisive blow. Trying her best to ignore the dancing pink lights and her twitching muscles, Flo forced her way into Spritzee's mind once more and struck his brain's pain centers as precisely and with as much power as she could. Spritzee shrieked in pain and shook himself violently, trying to dislodge Flo's vicegrip on his mind, but it was no use. The pain stretched on and on until Flo was interrupted by a particularly strong spasm running through her body, jerking her back into her own mind. Nevertheless, Spritzee was still left disoriented and with a rather stunning headache.

Lilypad (O)

Espurr @Oran Berry
Flo (F) <Infiltrator>
Health: 69%
Energy: 68%
Commands: Thunder Wave ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

Dar (O)

Spritzee @Oran Berry
Spritzee (M) <Healer>
Health: 62%
Energy: 26%
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Moonblast ~ Moonblast

Terrain notes
Nothing to note.

Final notes
Technically Spritzee wasn't trying to status Flo; it was Flo's own actions that would paralyze her, so to say, so she used Thunder Wave anyway.
The first Moonblast wiped out what was left of the attraction, as well as the effects of Captivate.
The second Moonblast lowered Flo's special attack.

Both Pokemon still looked downright murderous at the end of the round and seemed ready to leap into battle again, commands or no. The atmosphere had gone incredibly sour in the space of a few actions. Eager to prevent further carnage that wouldn't be covered by the League, since the allotted five rounds had elapsed, the referee stepped between the Pokemon and waved her flags frantically to signal the end of the battle. Flo relented, though a scowl still twisted her face, while Spritzee showed more relief. Though both Pokemon were in similar states physically, it was clear that Spritzee was far more exhausted.

After the trainers thanked their rental Pokemon for a battle well fought (Lilypad gave Flo a low-five as well), the rentals were returned to their Pokeballs. Flo's face was once again sported the signature blank expression of her species, while Spritzee breathed a sigh of relief, eager for a long rest.

The battle is over and Lilypad is the winner. Lilypad gets $10, Dar gets $5 and a free Spritzee, and I get $10. Good game, everyone! Good luck to Lilypad in the next tournament round, and better luck next time to Dar (perhaps we’ll see you again in the late brackets!).

Oh, I get Spritzee? Guess I ought to think of a name then.

Anyways, good job Lilypad, I thought I had a pretty good chance but when I saw my energy levels I knew I was done for.

You too! Magic coating that Attract back at me really threw the battle upside down for me, but Dream Eating that energy saved me. Good battle!

(You should still name it RayRay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom