• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[15] The Omskivar vs allitersonance (ref: Metallica Fanboy)

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
1 vs 1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Arena: Centrico Plaza

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.

The Omskivar's rental Pokémon

furfrou male Furfrou <Fur Coat> @ Oran Berry
(feel free to pick a haircut)

allitersonance's rental Pokémon

bergmite female Bergmite <Ice Body> @ Oran Berry

Up next:
1.The Omskivar issues commands
2.allitersonance issues commands

Last edited:
How many uses is chill limited to? You just have X there.
I kind of left the placeholder in a rush. It's supposed to read 3; I have it right in some threads right now and will edit it into the rest as soon as I'm done posting everything.

ETA: There, I think I got them all.

Last edited:
Attract, then Iron Tail, use Attract again if it didn't work the first time but otherwise Iron Tail all the way.

Attract~Iron Tail/Attract~Iron Tail

EDIT: La Reina Furfrou please!

Ah, well. When in the city of romance, on the day of romance...

Ooh la la, look at the fur coat on that furfrou! This may very well be one of the first times Furfrou got such a haircut at Lumiose's very own famous barber shop, and this was all just to meet you! I know that you're tempted to just sit back and admire the artwork, Bergmite, but I'm afraid that Furfrou won't be very impressed at all if you do that. And you can do so much better than pining after something you won't reach. In fact, I think you can win him over yourself.

Show off your own charm with an attract of your own until he too falls head-over-colourfully-dyed-heels for you, because nothing is lovelier than love, other than something like victory or cake or whatever.

Afterwards, well, it's time to show off your strong point. Now that you have his attention it's time to really drive your appeal home. The best way to do that, Bergmite, is to increase your toughness - always a hit amongst pokemon, I promise you - as well as making you visually even prettier. Make your skin shine with a couple of iron defenses, and watch as he is struck dumb by your simultaneous strength and beauty.

Attract ~ Attract / Iron Defense ~ Attract / Iron Defense

Really sorry I couldn't get this one on Valentine's Day. Tendon pain does not love.

Also, I'm mad at the internet's lack of a La Reine Furfrou gif.

1 vs 1
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Pain Split, moves that KO the user; Chills are restricted to 3 uses in the match
Round 1
The Omskivar (O)
Currently out: Furfrou
fjfe4y.jpg

Male Furfrou [Fur Coat] @ Oran Berry
Health: 100% / Energy: 100%
Condition:
Commands: Attract ~ Iron Tail/Attract ~ Iron Tail

allitersonance (O)
Currently out: Bergmite
ju8ww4.gif

Female Bergmite [Ice Body] @ Oran Berry
Health: 100% / Energy: 100%
Condition:
Commands: Attract ~ Attract/Iron Defense ~ Attract/Iron Defense

Centrico Plaza is the crown jewel resting in the core of Lumiose City. Just the Prism Tower, standing at the very center of it, is already one of the most widely recognized landmarks of the entire region; and even the rest of the location isn't too shabby, with verdant gardens, beautifully patterned cobblestone pathes, the sound of the river running underneath the floor, and a surrounding circle of mid-height Kalosian houses, the splendorous local arquitecture adorning the plaza as a foil. Many businesses have come into being at the ground floors of the area, but today, the world-famous roundway of egg hatching is all Asber's, with barriers sealing off all of the many roads leading into the city's very own hub -- and of course, curious crowds gathering at the edges to watch the competition.

For this round of the tournament, each player has been loaned a fresh Pokémon from Kalos. Battles in this round will not last longer than five rounds; if neither Pokémon has fainted by the end of the fifth round, the winning trainer will be the one with the greatest sum of health and energy remaining on their Pokémon.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

Love.

In the city of love, on the day of love, it expanded obnoxiously, eternally bothering those who aren't interested in a romatic relationship.

But this was not the case with the Pokémon on the field at the moment. Omskivar's Furfrou, who delayed the match for quite a few minutes as his temporary trainer demanded to get him a cool haircut in a nearby salon beforehand, and allitersonance's Bergmite, which couldn't get a nice trim but nonetheless sparkled beautifully in the late afternoon sun that shone against his icy surface.

They trespassed all bounds of nature and decency as they approached each other, gazing deep into each other's eyes. They had both thought up pickup lines, but there was no need for words. There was only room for the most awkward embrace any two different species creatures had ever tried to share. But biology wouldn't stand in their way, as was ostensible from just looking at the pair.

For the most of the round, they enjoyed each other's company instead of, you know, battling. This infuriated The Omskivar a lot, but allitersonance just chuckled at it.

For a moment, Bergmite broke the embrace but only to offer food for the twosome. She brought him to a lovely steel-made table on a nearby café... And then started to eat the table. Clearly, not a meal for both parts of the couple, but at least, the iceberg Pokémon seemed nourished and fortified.

Round 1 – End

The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 100% / Energy: 96%
Condition: Definitely not going to pay the bill.
Performed: Attract ~ attracted ~ attracted

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 100% / Energy: 93%
Condition: Burping iron.
Performed: Attract ~ attracted ~ Iron Defense​

Additional notes:
- Bergmite was damned close to attractfailing on the first action...
- Neither Pokémon had such luck on the second action, however, in which both of them failed the roll hard.
- Furfrou continued to fail the Attract roll in the third action, but Bergmite successfully used Iron Defense.
- allitersonance commands first next round.

Tsk. As we all already knew, infatuation is basically a big waste of everyone's time. There's a reason why responsible challenge-posters consistently ban it. Now it's more about hax than skill.

I guess that's the only way you'd win though, huh, The Omskivar? I suppose I can't blame you for using it, then.

Well, Bergmite, unfortunately you didn't get your appeal as high as you could have, so I don't think he's as captivated as he could be. I'm afraid I can't pretend that's totally okay, because you've got to understand how important it is to listen to my words and not get distracted. But we can salvage it, alright? We've got other tricks up our sleeve.

The best way to show off is to demonstrate the situations in which your kind thrives, and I think you already know what that is. Yes, a hailstorm. And imagine the sight! The two of you, under a beautifully clouded sky amidst the glittering hailstones that fall through the wintry air, it's almost like showing him your home! In fact, it's so important for him to understand how amazing you are in your true home that you ought to keep it that way. If for any reason the hail isn't falling by the time you make your move, bring it back.

Once you've got the hail going, then it's time to do what you really need to do.

It may seem like he's into you now, Bergmite, but that's what we call "infatuation". A rather short-lived thing that you can never rely on to keep him by your side. I mean, if he really loved you, wouldn't he also have partaken in that meal with you? At this rate, I bet that if he sees another furfrou with her own haircut, he'll consider leaving you for her instead. Would you just accept that? Simply because you let him remain merely infatuated?

No.

Unacceptable.

Look, you can't just be passively admiring the guy. Or just pumping yourself up until senpai notices you. You're better than that. (You're totally his senpai.) Anyway, the point is, you want him, don't you? Well, as I've been telling you, you can have him. All you've got to do is make him yours.

Turn to face him right now, and freeze that furfrou's legs and body 'til around the point where they'll never be usable again. Give him a body that can't do anything without you. If you do, this time for sure that furfrou will be your possession. His body and his heart, everything, y'know.

If you'd feel broken up over it, I'd be fine with taking responsibility for my commands in your place. Friendly courtesy between pokemon and trainer. No problem, y'know. Just listen to all my orders and it'll be known that your actions were just an extension of my will. It'll just so happen that you get that benefit.

And you'll be the one who's beautiful and terrifying and like a god in his eyes.

Under the glittering hail, summon the power of the storms, the power of blizzards, and render him helpless without you.

Hail ~ Hail / Blizzard ~ Hail / Blizzard

I won't contest your point, this likely is the only way I'd win

Ah, romance! It is a wily game my friend. Captivate your paramour, and then, since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, try a Role Play to worm your way into her heart. After that, Hyper Voice.

Captivate~Role Play~Hyper Voice

1 vs 1
Round 2
The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 100% / Energy: 96%
Condition: Definitely not going to pay the bill.
Commands: Captivate ~ Role Play ~ Hyper Voice

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 100% / Energy: 93%
Condition: Burping iron.
Commands: Hail ~ Hail/Blizzard ~ Hail/Blizzard

-----​

Perhaps the couple of the evening had gotten off on the wrong foot -- whichever manner of foot we're talking about here (paw? useless icy knob?). How were their prospects as a long-term item? The trials of romance lay ahead of them to divine the answer to that question.

Bergmite shuffled nervously as she thought of her commands. Show him her home, let him that far into her cold heart... Could it all be worth it? If it were all for nothing, wouldn't it hurt too much? Aren't things fine as they are? Maybe she couldn't be in this perfect honeymoon phase forever, but why not let it just a little longer? After all, each time she looked at her dog darling, he seemed even more stunning than the last... Particularly now, as he struck an appealing pose with the precise intent of stirring these second thoughts. Although he swears he's not a model, and the camera just turned on by itself.

But no. The frostbound Pokémon shook her head (or, well, entire body). She couldn't treat this like a juvenile hookup, when it was so much more than that. It's better to have loved and lost and everything. She shut her eyes tightly, then breathed a great gust of chilling winds. The temperature fell in the city of love, and soon, the warm sky of a pleasant late afternoon was subdued by a curtain of eerie clouds. And then, it began. The droplets of ice, pelting any being that walked the streets of romance. Surely, this mess would ruin Furfrou's beautiful haircut... Bergmite couldn't bear to open her eyes back up, but in a few moments, she could also not bear to keep them closed, and the desire to cease the suspense won over the fear.

And there he stood, not only completely unbothered by the hailstorm, but actually seeming to get into it as some larger, prettier frozen shards adorned his fur like jewlery. Ah, what a nice surprise! After all, he could accept her home and lifestyle. Perhaps they could even elope to Frost Cavern, in time.

But then, as is natural, the first argument of the paramours. Furfrou would not be convinced to partake in another meal of an entire restaurant table. "AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR YOU", he'd argue with such thunderous vollume as to make the chairs tremble. "IT SEEMS LIKE NOTHING IS ENOUGH TO PLEASE YOU", and there go the condiments. "YOU NEED TO RESPECT MY NEED FOR ACTUALLY ORGANIC FOOD", and it was probably a good thing that a platter full of that just that dropped from a waiter's hand, smashing plates, spilling soup and sauce and spaghetti all over.

Unable to bear the screeching accusations, Bergmite tried to get her lover to shut the hell up by billowing out a wicked, howling wind. Perhaps that would even out the vollume. And hey, maybe that'll be the real test as to whether he can adapt to her way of life.

Perhaps, she got carried away... She left the entire lower body of her beloved entombed in slick frost. At least, the excess let to the making of peace.

Round 2 – End

The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Male Furfrou [Ice Body] @ Oran Berry
Health: 91% / Energy: 86%
Condition: Just glad to get out of the weird meals.
Performed: Captivate ~ Role Play ~ Hyper Voice

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 91% / Energy: 83%
Condition: Wondering what the established make-up activity is when one of the involved can't move.
Performed: attracted ~ Hail ~ Blizzard​

Arena status: Hail is falling on Centrico Plaza (7 more actions). The hailstones are starting to accumulate on the pavement. A minor mess has been caused in a nearby restaurant.

Additional notes:
- Attract roll report: On the first action, Furfrou succeeded and Bergmite failed somewhat badly. Both Pokémon rolled successfully on the second action (and it was a close call for both). Both Pokémon also rolled successfully on the third action, and with much better success (both hit the 90s), so I immediately had the severity of the attraction drop to Moderate for both in that action -- it was going to drop by the end of the round anyway, most likely, but it may yet drop to Light a little sooner than usual later on...
- Blizzard on the third action successfully rolled a freeze. Furfrou now has all his legs stuck in a huge block of ice.
- The Omskivar commands first next round.

Refresh, then two Headbutts. If there's a Protect when you're trying to Headbutt, use Work Up.

Refresh~Headbutt/Work Up~Headbutt/Work Up

We've got an official ruling that refresh can't heal the freeze status... so basically, Bergmite, you've got him right where you want him. Mostly. You've done pretty good so far, leaving him helpless to resist you... and now you've just got to finish the job.

He's already changed himself to suit your habitat a little bit, just because he was exposed to it. And that's exactly what we want, someone who'll change himself to suit your needs. So show him exactly the conditions he'll have to persevere through to prove his love for you.

Keep your distance, at least enough so that he can't hit you back, and carve your love into his skin with frostbite.

Blizzard ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

1 vs 1
Round 3
The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 91% / Energy: 86%
Condition: Just glad to get out of the weird meals.
Commands: Refresh ~ Headbutt/Work Up ~ Headbutt/Work Up

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 91% / Energy: 83%
Condition: Wondering what the established make-up activity is when one of the involved can't move.
Commands: Blizzard ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

Arena status: Hail is falling on Centrico Plaza (7 more actions). The hailstones are starting to accumulate on the pavement. A minor mess has been caused in a nearby restaurant.

-----​

Love was on the rocks. As in, the hailstones that scattered all over the pavement and made the step uncomfortable for all but the ice-trodding and the ice-bound.

And speaking of them, their battle raged on, although their earlier argument had ground to a harsh standstill. Furfrou attempted to warm himself out of his icy predicament, but all that he accomplished in the process was calming down and making himself feel healthier -- what a waste, right? In any case, the sight brought turbulence to his bethroted's heart, as he was clearly at the limits of how much he could adapt and it was her fault. At least, the top layer of the ice was quick to erode, receding some inches down.

Reveling in the increased freedom, the poodle Pokémon attempted to ram forwards, but while he could reach longer, he was still a long way away from his beloved. His head could not touch her, his legs could not embrace her. All that was left was for her to continue testing his faith in order to reinforce her sense of security, billowing another fierce torment of frost his way.

But Bergmite couldn't bear this distance for much longer. She longed for forgiveness, and for the gentle touch that the pair used to share. Naively, she approached... And instead of attacking, Furfrou welcomed her, and the two embraced as much as they could in the awkward conditions.

As if smitten by the power of love, the ice block rapidly melted, allowing for the lovebirds to improve their contact. It still bound the feet of The Omskivar's rental Pokémon, but went hardly higher.

Round 3 – End

The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 86% / Energy: 78%
Condition: Struggling to pull his feet out.
Performed: Refresh ~ Headbutt (missed) ~ attracted

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 97% / Energy: 77%
Condition: In blissful satisfaction.
Performed: attracted ~ Blizzard ~ attracted​

Arena status: Hail is falling on Centrico Plaza (4 more actions). The hailstones are starting to accumulate on the pavement. A minor mess has been caused in a nearby restaurant.

Additional notes:
- Attract roll report: On the first action, Furfrou succeeded with a great margin, while Bergmite failed. On the second action, both moves succeeded. On the third action, both moves failed miserably. Also, more as a self-reminder than anything else, the condition's severity is dropping after the first action next round.
- Thawing roll report: Furfrou successfully rolled for thawing on the first action, causing the severity of the freezing to drop -- the block of ice receded to about knee length. He also just barely failed it on the second action and made it again on the third, so the severity has dropped again and the condition may not last much longer. At the moment, the ice is up to Furfrou's ankles, still binding him to the ground but also increasing the range he can move within.
- Refresh on the first action did nothing, as indeed it doesn't affect Freeze.
- Headbutt on the second action missed as Bergmite wasn't within Furfrou's limited range.
- allitersonance commands first next round.

Wait, here thawing is rolled for every action rather than a duration rolled beforehand? That implies some very amusing things about the first people that tried to use pokemon-produced ice for various purposes.

Geez, Bergmite, everything ready to go your way and you miss all the opportunities just because of some lame emotion. You know what makes pokemon really attractive? When they aim for something and are guaranteed to get it because they don't get sidetracked by procrastinating or pining for things. Don't be a dreamer, be a doer! Enough of these stares of yours. Dreaming doesn't get you closer to your goal, action does! The way to capture people's interest is to be a winner.

Anyway, ever heard of "playing hard to get"? Pokemon want things that they're not guaranteed to get. If you look like you're falling over yourself for him, he'll lose interest because he can get you any time. So keep back a bit, make him work to get out of that ice to show his love for you.

Keeping it simple was apparently too much for you last time, so maybe a step up in complication will do it.

If a special attack comes your way, mirror coat. You want to play it cool but still show your intensity. So it's only appropriate to let him speak first and then return his feelings twofold.

Otherwise, if it's still hailing and there's no special attack coming at you, blizzard. Keep wearing him down until he can think of nothing but you. The way to make him yours is by making sure he can't be anyone else's, including himself!

If none of the above applies, or if he's using protect or you otherwise can't reach him, or if you've reached the damage cap, use iron defense. I don't know why he'd do something like create a separation between the two of you, but he'll find when he returns that no only were you not destroyed by the parting, but you're even shinier and tougher than before. Don't bother with this if you're already at +6 def though (that is, you've already used two iron defenses successfully this round and haven't had a defense drop).

Mirror Coat / Blizzard / Iron Defense x3

Alright, I know I'm past the 24 hours but since there hasn't been an announcement, if you're still willing to take commands, here's mine:

Thunder Wave~Substitute (10%)~Giga Impact

I am so genuinely sorry that I dropped the ball here

1 vs 1
Round 4
The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 86% / Energy: 78%
Condition: Struggling to pull his feet out.
Commands: Thunder Wave ~ Substitute (10%) ~ Giga Impact

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 97% / Energy: 77%
Condition: In blissful satisfaction.
Commands: Mirror Coat/Blizzard/Iron Defense ~ Mirror Coat/Blizzard/Iron Defense ~ Mirror Coat/Blizzard/Iron Defense

Arena status: Hail is falling on Centrico Plaza (4 more actions). The hailstones are starting to accumulate on the pavement. A minor mess has been caused in a nearby restaurant.

-----​

The Omskivar vanished for a moment. The wrist watch counting the amount of time for commands before the match could recommence ticked on and on, and past the point... But the referee was distracted by somebody uttering a command for 'Draco Meteor' in a different match nearby. Could it really be? Nah... And then, the absentee trainer suddenly returned, in work clothes and barking his orders in a haste while struggling to catch his breath. And so, albeit irregularly, the match continued.

allitersonance's harsh rhetoric echoed in Bergmite's head. She wanted nothing more than to just be with her beloved, but could that be the downfall of her relationship? Was she being careless? Would it all slip away if she averted her eyes and missed a beat? Of course, what with the freezing disaster, continued use of Blizzard hardly seemed like path of least risk... And then, suddenly, a ticklish electric jolt ran through her, and suddenly, she felt her body become even heavier, even more difficult to just rock back and forth and take awkawrd heaving steps with. So much mobility lost!

Furfrou giggled at his bethroted's now even messier movements. He'd been in a sufficiently playful mood for this manner of prank, but taking the fight seriously still seemed out of the question -- he just entertained himself with the sight of his beloved struggling to approach while talking up a storm about what she'd do to him for this.

In close proximity, the two lovebird Pokémon looked at each other in the eye, and then, suddenly, their most primal competitive urges as Pokémon took over. Furfrou let out a long cry, then dove in for the best tackling attack he could muster without moving his feet, leaving a red contrail in his wake and producing a sick cracking noise on landing. Bergmite was only happy to respond with her now somewhat typical Blizzard attack, punishing the foe with the rage of the icy north winds.

And then, the fighting Pokémon just giggled at how serious the other got for a moment, while the falling hailstones blended into their injuries.

Round 4 – End

The Omskivar (O)
fjfe4y.jpg

Health: 78% / Energy: 63%
Condition: Having fun, but probably about to catch a fever.
Performed: Thunder Wave ~ attracted ~ Giga Impact

allitersonance (O)
ju8ww4.gif

Health: 87% / Energy: 71%
Status: 2+ Defense. Attracted (light). Paralyzed (moderate).
Condition: Having fun, but harboring surface cracks on the forehead.
Performed: attracted ~ fully paralyzed ~ Blizzard​

Arena status: Hail is falling on Centrico Plaza (1 more actions). The hailstones are starting to accumulate on the pavement. A minor mess has been caused in a nearby restaurant.

Additional notes:
- Condition rolls report: On the first action, Furfrou succeeded against attraction but not against thaw, and still managed to use Thunder Wave; Bergmite rolled a perfect success against paralysis, but failed attraction miserably. After this, both attractions dropped to light. On the second action, Furfrou failed both attraction and thaw; Bergmite succeeded against attraction, but failed against paralysis. On the third action, all rolls but Furfrou's thaw succeeded. I've also had Bergmite's paralysis drop to Moderate earlier than usual due to the perfect roll.
- Giga Impact dealt a bit less damage as a result of Furfrou's hampered mobility. I also lowered accuracy a little, but Furfrou made it anyway.
- Both attractions will most likely drop fully before the end of the next round, since both Pokémon just went completely all out on each other.
- The Omskivar commands first next round.

As stated would be the case, allitersonance is disqualified. The Omskivar gets $10 and advances to the next round, and I get $10. I guess we'll still have to retrieve those manually in the bank.

Back
Top Bottom