• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Megaman 10 Mafia

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
It was a perfectly normal day in Monsteropolis. Wily had sent out an army of eight robot masters, pretended to be innocent, and laughed like all villains do.

Megaman, however, had wised up to this routine.

"You know what? I'm sick of this whole routine," Megaman yelled. "I just don't want to go through the eight levels, kill all the bosses, get their weapons, blah blah blah... I want to go up to Wily's base and kill him!"

Dr. Light, however, had an idea. "Megaman... what if I beamed you to Wily's Castle instead? You can't outright kill Wily, but with this scrambler machine, you could hide everyone's identities and play an overcomplicated game of Mafia with Wily's robots!"

Megaman nodded, and entered the teleportation machine.

"Wait, Megaman!" Protoman jumped down from the ceiling. (Protoman always hangs from the ceiling. Don't ask.) "You can't handle this alone. I'll help."

With that, the two of them departed for Wily's Castle.

~~~~~

This is a standard game of Mafia.

However, it's completely unlike any game of mafia you've ever played before! Ha-ha-ha-ha... achoo!

~~~~~

Light's two-man-army

Mega Man: Formerly Light's lab assistant, Mega Man got upgrades so he could take down Wily. He's taken Wily down nine times before... can he do it again?
Mega Man starts off with only his trusty sidearm, the M. Buster, which he uses to kill robots during the night phase. However, whenever he kills an opponent during the night phase, he will steal their weapon! For example, if he killed Sheep Man he'd get T. Wool; killing Pump Man would get him the W. Shield, etcetera. He can then use that weapon instead of his Mega Buster. He will only be able to use the weapon once, however.
He works with Proto Man and knows who Proto is, but his decisions overrule Proto's.

Proto Man: Mega Man's aloof older brother. He and Mega work together to choose who to lynch and when to use their weapons. He obtains the weapons whenever a lynch goes through, and can use these weapons as well, but only after Mega is dead.

Wily's army:

Dr. Wily: The evil genius who set up the Roboenza crisis. He's very skilled at robotics, and thus can fix other robots. At one time during the night phase, he may target one player and fix him. If Mega targets the player he chose, he can fix the robot and undo Mega's kill.
However, since he isn't a robot, Mega Man and Proto Man cannot kill him at night. If they attempt to do so, they will be alerted to the fact that the person they targeted is Wily and will return without killing him. He can only be killed during the day phase, at which point the RMs will turn on him and murder him.
The game ends when Wily dies.
The exception to this rule is the Chill Spike, which will cause him to uncontrollably cough. Whenever he posts in the thread from then on, he must have the word *COUGH* written down at some point in his posts.

Sheep Man: A shepherd turned circuit-board factory employee, the fickle Sheep Man can use his weapon to paralyze the member of his choice.
Weapon: Thunder Wool
During the night, Sheep Man can choose to turn himself into a thundercloud and paralyze the member of his choice. This member will be unable to post the next day.
If the weapon is used on Pump Man, Pump Man will be electrocuted and die.

Pump Man: A neat-freak from the wastewater treatment facility. The grumpy old Pump Man can protect the member of his choice from harm with his weapon.
Weapon: Water Shield
During the night, Pump Man can launch the W. Shield at someone. The W. Shield will protect the person from harm; however, it cannot deflect the T. Blade or T. Wool.
If used on Solar Man, Solar Man's sun will be extinguished and he'll die.

Solar Man: A worker at a solar research lab and star of the "Solar Workout" series of exercise videos. He can use his weapon to bring out the sun.
Weapon: Solar Blaze
Solar Man can PM the Game Master and end the day phase through usage of the Solar Blaze. He may only do this once.

Chill Man: An arctic exploration robot and amateur photographer. He can use his weapon to kill attackers during the night phase.
Weapon: Chill Spike
The C. Spike can be used to freeze attackers. He may launch it at someone during the night phase. This will freeze them, preventing them from making a night action.
Using this weapon on Nitro Man will pop his tires. This makes him fall off a cliff and die. Yay!

Nitro Man: A stunt robot who enjoys the thrill of riding. His weapon can let him get out of a tight spot.
Weapon: Wheel Cutter
The W. Cutter can be used to let Nitro Man ride up the walls, thus letting him evade any night actions. The exception to this is the C. Spike, which will kill him.

Commando Man: A minesweeper robot that loves the taste of oil. He is not afraid to use his weapon if he needs to.
During the Day Phase, Commando Man may yell, "I USE THE COMMANDO BOMB ON (insert name here)". This will kill that person as well as Commando Man.
Weapon: Commando Bomb
You may use the Commando Bomb at any time during the Day Phase. It has the same effects as when Commando Man uses it; basically, it turns you into the terrorist and lets you take down the person of your choice.

Blade Man: A tour guide with a sword for a head (yeah, we're not sure what they were thinking either). His weapon lets him target multiple enemies.
Weapon: Triple Blade
Blade Man may choose three people to target with his weapon. He will use the T. Blade to toss three swords, throwing one at each target. There is a 50% chance that each sword will hit, and this attack may only be used once.
If Strike Man is targeted, the shot will have 100% accuracy.

Strike Man: A robot created for batting practice. His weapon can give him useful information.
Weapon: Rebound Striker
The R. Striker can be aimed at any target. It will bounce back to Strike Man after being thrown, and will tell Strike Man who the person he targeted was.
It will kill Sheep Man if thrown at him.

Sniper Joe: A basic robot meant to just go to all the stages and waste everyone's time with his annoying shield thing. Lacks any powers whatsoever. Basically, he's just there in case we need more players.

...but wait, there's more!

In addition to these people, there is one other specialized character I'm not telling you about. I'm not telling you who this mystery robot is, but isn't it sort of obvious?

...let's see if this gets any interest. I'd love to see this work out.

This sounds very complicated, and likewise interesting. I want to join!

Oh, don't worry about that. I'm the person that's in charge of all these confusing roles!

Are there any questions on how the roles work? Best to ask now before you're assigned your roles and raise suspicion.

Oh, don't worry about that. I'm the person that's in charge of all these confusing roles!

Are there any questions on how the roles work? Best to ask now before you're assigned your roles and raise suspicion.

Eh, not really. Like you say, for the players, it's simple. Complexity is good, as it makes the game more challenging (and, well, surprise deaths are fun).

Yay, Megaman. I'll join.

Why didn't you have, like, Dr. Light or Roll or Bass, too Hurrdurr, one of them is probably the secret character.

I would really appreciate it if I could get some more people for this, as I really want to get this off the ground. We need about 6 more players for this.

This is complicated, and sounds awesome. I don't play Megaman, but I'll join anyway. Mafia experience.

Last edited:
I could remove Sniper Joe, if you'd like.

Also, I'll edit the thread later with my personal rules of GMing.

Back
Top Bottom