• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Realistic Pokemafia 2

a third works only with at least about 15 players and even then is iffy. you would do better to simply apply more limitations on information and protection roles; you should could then use the usual quarter or thereabouts. (inspector is a terrible role except when the setup is designed for it -- I don't think I've ever written up my grievances with the role, but, sometime, when there is time, I possibly must.)

uh I'll almost certainly join, but I figured I might as well mention this even if ai don't.

hm how do you intend to calculate ststs and damage this time?

Perhaps you could replace that slot with stat boosters like sword dance or harden?

I agree, I think this is one way to make sure town movesets aren't broken while keeping the game true to Pokemon and avoid taking away peoples' options. You can also employ gimmicky moves that might or might not end up being helpful like Miracle Eye, Guard Swap, Trick Room, Encore, Toxic, Rain Dance, Helping Hand, Substitute and hordes of others.

Not gonna be joining any more mafia games myself for now since I'm going out of the country (again) on Wednesday, as much as I would love to play.

hm how do you intend to calculate stats and damage this time?

Damage will be calculated the same way as in RP1.

Stats will be calculated like this:

Each player will be dealt a random nature (that doesn't affect Speed), a full EV complement (distributed randomly and with none in Speed), and random IV's in each stat (except Speed). This should give RP2 a touch more unpredictability.

Light said:
I agree, I think this is one way to make sure town movesets aren't broken while keeping the game true to Pokemon and avoid taking away peoples' options. You can also employ gimmicky moves that might or might not end up being helpful like Miracle Eye, Guard Swap, Trick Room, Encore, Toxic, Rain Dance, Helping Hand, Substitute and hordes of others.

Now that I think about it, that's true. *changes*

Also, we just need four more players now.

Last edited:
Damage will be calculated the same way as in RP1.

Stats will be calculated like this:

Each player will be dealt a random nature (that doesn't affect Speed), a full EV complement (distributed randomly and with none in Speed), and random IV's in each stat (except Speed). This should give RP2 a touch more unpredictability.

What sort of EV spread? Would it be fully 252/252, or what? How would you decide which spreads to roll for?

Iii'm not quite sure about that, really; some natures would probably just kill the pokemon. For example: say I pick shuckle. If I get mild or rash as a nature, that can really cripple my stats--combined, that totals to approximately 445 stat points between special attack and defense. Meanwhile, if it was a neutral nature, I would have had approximately 490 points in that category and if the position was reversed, with special attack being lowered and defense boosted (impish), I would have 533 points. That's a pretty significant difference!

Unpredictable doesn't always equal better. Why are you wanting to do that? If you don't want people to be able to reliably predict how much damage they will take and give out, I think people should be able to choose their natures and spreads privately.

What sort of EV spread? Would it be fully 252/252, or what? How would you decide which spreads to roll for?

Unpredictable doesn't always equal better. Why are you wanting to do that? If you don't want people to be able to reliably predict how much damage they will take and give out, I think people should be able to choose their natures and spreads privately.

1) By RNG. I'd get 5 random numbers between 0 and 510, and then RNG between 1 and 5 to see which stat gets the leftover EV's.
2) Because some of us might not be so well-versed in competitive battling. Also, I thought it would improve the gameplay. Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it does.

2) Because some of us might not be so well-versed in competitive battling. Also, I thought it would improve the gameplay. Well, we'll just have to wait and see if it does.

I'm not a competitive battler, but Smogon exists for references and it's not that difficult to choose two different reasonably high stats to pack EVs into. The extras can go into a random stat of your choice, or you could just listen to Smogon.

It makes the game unique, sure... but I'm afraid it would just end up nerfing half of the players or something.

bias against not versed in competitive battling is ... well, yeah, for one, references exist; but also, is not like we aren't making selections based on these sorts of things anyway.

random is not good. randomness is evil. randomness simply requires calculations be done in consideration of worst case for unknowns; it is not interesting so much as a mechanical distraction from what I, at least, consider to be the essence of mafia.

It makes the game unique, sure... but I'm afraid it would just end up nerfing half of the players or something.

I'm currently browsing the player/stat sheet, and aside from one particular stat on one particular player, there aren't really any outstandingly high stats to speak of right now. Should there be problems later, though, I'll change it.

Feh. Am still far from a fan of the idea, but sure, let's go with tyranitar. Seemingly, no one's chosen them yet--rather surprising.

Changing the mafia back to four, because I think it might be too skewed in favour of the mafia if it were five in the mafia.

I'll just. slaking, I guess, if ability wouldn't matter in that case. otherwise, porigon2, I guess.

Abilities don't matter in this.

EDIT: And now that I think about it, a 4:10 mafia:innocent ratio would work too. This means just one more player is needed!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom