• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Zora of Termina vs Bluberry Bat

Round Six

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 94%
Status: Struggling to regain control of her wings. Severely paralyzed (24% chance of full paralysis). +1 Defense.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Ability: Illusion
Health: 75%
Status: Smelling strongly of singed fur. +2 Special Attack, +2 Speed.

------------------------------​

It's been, like, four whole rounds, and by now Zora's completely replenished her pool of cutting insults. She's got the perfect one in wait for Anya now, but the delivery has to be precise. Zora takes a few tottering steps toward the still-grounded Anya, lifts her chin, makes eye contact, and unleashes her ultimate torrent of verbal battery. "Your father... is also dirt!!!" ZING. Bullseye. Checkmate. Sunk her battleship, man.

Anya, Zora sees, is so incensed, she... hardly moves at all. A twitch here, a hint of a wing flap there, and... nope. It doesn't look like Anya's going to be moving any time soon. And Zora had thought for DAYS before this battle to come up with that insult. She deserves some sort of response! It's enough to make her cry, it really is. Tears spring to her eyes on command, and, with a loud sniff to draw Anya's attention, Zora lets the waterworks flow. "YOU JERK! WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER MEEEEEEE? WAAAAAAH!"

Anya would blink bemusedly if she had eyes, but as it turns out she isn't subject to that luxury. Normally that insult about her dear old daddy would really sting, but this Zorua's moods seem to change about as often as the colour of a Kecleon's skin, and now she's just kind of confused. Poor thing must have a pretty sad home life. Anya softens a little. Maybe she'll sing her a little song to cheer her up.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW

I'M ALL ABOUT THAT BASS, 'BOUT THAT BASS, NO TREBLE,

I'M ALL ABOUT THAT BASS BASS BASS BASS

OH MY GOD that song is so irritating it makes Zora want to cry even harder, but she does her best to ignore her stinging ears and indeed, everything else around her as she lurches about in clumsy circles, making use of her now-waning burst of agility from earlier to improvise some sort of warrior-like dance to Anya's far-from-dulcet tones. She's just about done when the sound of shattering glass breaks her concentration, and she turns around to see a glass bottle lying broken on the floor in front of Anya, who seems to have spontaneously nodded off to sleep. That's pretty rude, is what that is. Hmph.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Status: Snoring peacefully. Severely paralyzed (22% chance of full paralysis). Asleep (2 more actions). +1 Defense, -1 Special Defense.
Used: [paralyzed] ~ Round ~ [asleep]

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 69%
Status: Feeling distinctly unappeciated. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Taunt ~ Fake Tears ~ Swords Dance

Arena Status
  • There's like a broken chair lying in the middle of the battle ring or something idk.
  • There's also like an intact Lucky Egg chilling around on the floor.
  • A shattered glass bottle lies somewhere near where Anya's sleeping.

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 94%
  • Zora's Health: 75% - 6% (Round) = 69%

Notes
  • Anya was fully paralyzed on the first action.
  • Zora's duplicitous emotion-based moves have lost effectiveness by now given her constant mood changes toward Anya, so Taunt only lasted two actions and Fake Tears only reduced Special Defense by one stage.
  • Somebody threw a bottle at Anya during the third action, but missed.
  • However, Anya decided it was a good time to fall asleep. She will wake up after two more actions or when hit by an offensive move.
  • Zora's Speed boost from Agility wore off at the end of the round.
  • Post commands, etc.

...Bruh. I didn't... know you s-spoke dubstep. Is it time already to have tea with the horrorterrors

They're great... con.... conversation... yeah ~ If a little.... tentacle-y.... bruh. ~ I'd totally fuck that.

whooooa... THIS IS MY JAM.... wait.... no it isn't...

Teach me to speak horrorterror ~ I wanna have tea with them too ~ even if I've seen enough anime to know where this is going

Round Seven

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Status: Snoring peacefully. Severely paralyzed (22% chance of full paralysis). Asleep (2 more actions). +1 Defense, -1 Special Defense.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 69%
Status: Feeling distinctly unappeciated. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.

Zora is so not cool with her opponent dozing off during her RIVETING PERFORMANCE. If that's how Anya's going to be, it's time for a SING-OFF.

... But really, she can't think of anything to sing, and she doesn't want to look as much as fool as Anya anyway, so she settles for wailing at the top of her lungs. Damn, her voice is so much stronger than Anya's. The bystanders rush to plug their ears against the piercing wail with their fingers, beer bottle corks, anything they can find, and Anya jolts straight awake to attempt the same. Zora smirks as the Zubat flutters around in panic. She knew Anya couldn't ignore her for too long.

However, Anya's erratic flapping soon turns into a concentrated dive as she tucks her wings in to streamline her form and comes charging toward Zora at maximum velocity. Another bottle comes flying into the ring, missing them by a mile and shattering harmlessly on the floor as Anya begins to glow with dark orange Flying-type energy before careening straight into her target, sending both of them sprawling from the impact. What with the force of the collision and the ridiculous amount of alcohol they've both consumed by now, it takes what seems like at least a few minutes for both Pokémon to pull themselves upright; in fact, some of the watchers get bored enough to wander off in search of other... entertainment.

Blearily glancing at her surroundings while she nurses her many wounds, Zora decides now is a good time to make her exit before she hurts herself any further. Sinking down into the earth seems like a great way to do it. It just makes so much sense. So the Zorua begins ineffectually scrabbling at the linoleum floor, chipping a couple of perfectly-manicured nails in the process of getting absolutely nowhere. Anya just laughs wearily at her before whipping up a burst of wind with her wings and launching it forward to slash Zora across the face. Ow. Owwwww. Can't a Zorua catch a break, here?

Out of other options, Zora takes a deep breath and musters up whatever energy is left inside of her to summon up a ring of pink, shimmering orbs alight with Fairy-type energy, that rotate around her head as she charges them up until she sends them flying toward Anya with a tired twitch of her head. The orbs strike Anya one after another, buffeting her backward. Anya doesn't seem too impressed, though, and with a flick of her wings sets off in a few quick circles around Zora's head, her shape melting into a blur as the Zorua watches. Suddenly, she's surrounded by a horde of Anyas, each struggling to maintain its place in the air as it jerks erratically from side to side. Man, Zora must be really out of it. Maybe she should stop accepting all those drinks Eifie's been offering her.

... Nah.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 70%
Status: Chillin' with her new drinking buddies. Has 4 clones. Severely paralyzed (19% chance of full paralysis). +1 Defense, -1 Special Defense.
Used: Brave Bird ~ Air Slash ~ Double Team

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 49%
Status: Feeling kind of lonely without her own group of friends. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Uproar ~ Dig (failed) ~ Hidden Power (Fairy)

Arena Status
  • There's like a broken chair lying in the middle of the battle ring or something idk.
  • Two shattered glass bottles lie on the ground.

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 94% - 12% (Uproar) - 5% (Brave Bird) - 7% (Hidden Power) = 70%
  • Zora's Health: 69% - 15% (Brave Bird) - 9% (Air Slash) = 49% (capped)

Notes
  • Uproar woke Anya up immediately.
  • Somebody threw a bottle at Anya in the first action again, and it missed again.
  • Zora's Hidden Power was randomized as Fairy-type, and will remain so for the rest of the match.
  • Post commands, etc.

Yeah... yeah... FIGHT... wh... hey, man, like, where did your trainers go...? I can't let you fight without them around, that'd be like, animal abuse, man...

Gets thrown back inside WHAT DO YOU MEAN "PUBLIC INTOXICATION" I AM NOT INTOXICATED I'M NOT DEAD AM I?! GODS. I JUST WANTED ICE CREAM... oh yeah a battle.

The ref is all like ~ WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WE ALL NEED TO POST ATTACKS ~ I had a craving for pistachio get off my fucking back!

Round Eight

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 70%
Status: Chillin' with her new drinking buddies. Has 4 clones. Severely paralyzed (19% chance of full paralysis). +1 Defense, -1 Special Defense.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 49%
Status: Feeling kind of lonely without her own group of friends. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.

MAN that Firewhisky burned. Really set Zora's throat on fire. She should probably get rid of that before she like, dies, or like, spontaneously combusts, or something. Grinning over at the five Anyas flapping about before her, Zora turns on the leftmost one and gives an almighty belch. The traces of Firewhisky scorch her insides even more coming back up, setting the air in front of her muzzle ablaze in a small ball of flame that goes rocketing toward her chosen Anya... and unfortunately, continues straight through it, the illusion vanishing in an instant. Bargoers fall out of the fireball's path until it collides with the wall, leaving behind a large, oozing scorch mark that Eifie hurriedly covers up with a crooked portrait of a Furret in a meadow holding a bright pink flower, that she carries in her bag for just this sort of occasion. The bartender will never notice.

As this elaborate cover-up ensues, Anya's not feeling any more creative than normal, so she beckons her clones with a wing (and they immediately mirror the movement, gesturing at absolutely no one, to Anya's amusement) and they close in on Zora, once again latching their fangs into whatever part of her body they can reach and leeching shimmering green threads of energy (or illusions of such) from Zora into themselves. Though this time they bite down with less force, Zora still hisses and bears the impact with a grimace of pain. Anya and her posse back away again and Zora focuses this time on the Zubat second from the right. Taking a hesitant step forward, she locks eyes with her chosen target, draws in a deep breath, and lets down the walls to her soul with a heartfelt confession:

"You know... I think I might have, like... a drinking problem..."

The vulnerable look in Zora's wide eyes as she exposes this long-buried secret is just too much for the Zubat it's directed at, and she bursts into laughter, quite literally, bits of the illusion whirling around the ring like confetti before finally disappearing as Anya and her remaining clones shake with mirth. Normally, perhaps, Anya might feel a bit of sympathy toward her opponent's plight, but her emotions have been fucked with enough and she knows the Zorua's as duplicitous as it gets. She decides to just ignore Zora for now, and flaps over to the referee. "HEY!" Anya gets right up in Eifie's face. "HEEEEY! GET ME MORE OF THAT FIREWHISKY, STAT!" Eifie, who harbours a secret fear of obnoxious ever-present bats, is quick to oblige. Two entire bottles and a sacrifice of two clones later, Anya's feeling all pumped up like nothing can stop her, you know... as long as she can like... properly move in a straight line, and like, stuff. Trifles.

Meanwhile, Zora's been trying to talk in her sleep, but like, she's not asleep, she's awake, so she's really just... talking. Yammering on about something or other. Anya doesn't really care, she's just feeling so full of PEP and VIGOUR, so she just launches herself into the Zorua, absolutely no creativity involved, and slaps her for a while with her wings.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 71%
Status: BRING IT ON YO; Moderately paralyzed (16% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.
Used: Leech Life ~ Curse ~ Return

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 35%
Status: Blahzzzz zzz blah blah blah. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Incinerate (hit clone) ~ Confide ("hit clone") ~ Sleep Talk (failed)

Arena Status

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 70% + 1% (Leech Life) = 71%
  • Zora's Health: 49% - 3% (Leech Life) - 11% (Return) = 35%

Notes
  • Okay so I realized that what with being paralyzed and all, Anya shouldn't have been able to make 4 whole clones (more like just one), but it wouldn't have really affected anything this round anyway because Confide wouldn't have worked due to Zora's already copious use of contradicting emotion-based moves. Let's just say Anya's clones have magically disappeared now. (I wrote them in as being sacrificed for the Curse.)
  • Anya continues to be pretty lucky with her paralysis rolls.
  • Anya's Special Defense drop from Fake Tears faded after the second action.
  • Anya's Return was a base power 100 because MAN WAS SHE SO READY MAN
  • Post commands, etc.

Last edited:
...shit man, what just happened

I can't even remember anymore ~ ...looks at sable ~ Hey is that a mirror in your pants 'cause I can see myself... in... your pants

Oh. My gods. Zora you are... Sniffle So brave.. we had no idea.. we're here for you man.. we're gonna kick this thing.... wait...... what thing...... what were we talking about?... shit man, I need more drink, yo Zor let's get more drink!

Something that's tangier than whiskey and hits you harder than scotch ~ .... Hey, wait... ~ What pants?

Round Nine

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 71%
Status: BRING IT ON YO; Moderately paralyzed (16% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 35%
Status: Blahzzzz zzz blah blah blah. +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.

UGH HOW IS THIS STUPID DRUNK BAT WHOOPING ZORA'S ASS?! I mean, Zora holds her alcohol so well, man, clearly she should have the upper hand here! This is INCONCEIVABLE! Perhaps it's time for this fox to try some new tricks. Cocking her head to one side, the Zorua struggles to remember the last thing Anya did that brought her so much success. Since, of course, her alcohol tolerance is superior, it comes to her quickly. Eifie's only been staring at her watch for a small while. Tottering towards her foe, Zora does her best to imitate Anya's mindless battery of wing slaps with her paws. It's really kind of underwhelming; Zora just can't get into it. Anya hardly seems fazed by Zora's thoroughly unenthused assault, for some reason. In fact, not only does she not scream in pain, she reacts by blasting Zora with a glimmering ball of white light that sends Zora rolling away instead.

Well, that was just TOTALLY EMBARRASSING. Zora would much rather do things her way: mindless pummelling... CHARGED WITH DARK ENERGY. YEAH. Surrounding herself with a deep purple aura, Zora springs back toward her opponent and proceeds to do just that. She clamps her teeth around Anya's wing, maintaining her grip as Anya struggles to fly away for as long as she can until finally lets go. The gashes left on Anya's wing seem to throb with dark energy. Now that's more like it.

Unfortunately, the damage to Anya's wings doesn't stop her from flapping them at high speed once she's released, whipping up a few sharp blades of wind that she propels in Zora's direction. The cold air slices harshly through Zora's fur, sending a violent shiver down her spine and buffeting her backwards, but worse than that, it MESSES UP HER BEAUTIFULLY-GROOMED FUR THAT SHE'D WORKED SO HARD ON THIS MORNING. (To the audience, Zora has been nearly unrecognizable under messy tufts of fur sticking out in this direction and that for most of the battle, but apparently Zora's been lacking a mirror.) And that, that is unforgivable. Shaking with rage, Zora finds herself hurtling through the air toward her opponent before she can even think about what she's doing, throwing them both into the wall opposite to crumple on the floor together in a heap. Anya hardly even struggles, her muscles convulsing beyond her control. With a groan, the Furret painting on the wall tilts even more dangerously to one side before falling clear off the wall on top of them. Ouch.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 56%
Status: Struggling to regain control of her limbs. Moderately paralyzed (14% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.
Used: Secret Power ~ Air Cutter ~ [paralyzed]

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 15%
Status: WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE AND WHAT IS THIS THING ON MY HEAD; +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.
Used: Copycat (Return) ~ Pursuit ~ Aerial Ace

Arena Status
  • A painting of a Furret lies on top of the heap of Zorua and Zubat near the wall.

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 71% - 4% (Return) - 5% (Pursuit) - 6% (Aerial Ace) = 56%
  • Zora's Health: 35% - 8% (Secret Power) - 13% (Air Cutter) = 15% (capped)

Notes
  • Zora was not very happy, so her Return was only a base power 40.
  • Air Cutter scored a critical hit.
  • Anya was fully paralyzed on the third action.
  • Sorry for the like... writing... I'm feeling even less inspired than usual right now. :(
  • Post commands, etc.

you guys wake up I have already written and am actually so excited the post the next round in which
Zora and Anya have A Moment

DUDE. MAN. I KEEP LIKE. FORGETTING WHERE I AM.

Dude... ~ Where am I? ~ WHERE'S MY CAR?... Oh right... I don't have one... Aaw.. I made myself sad

What's a 'moment'.

That's such an odd word ~ Like, what does it mean? ~ It's not a real unit of time so what is it?

yay

Round Ten

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Status: Struggling to regain control of her limbs. Moderately paralyzed (14% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 15%
Status: WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE AND WHAT IS THIS THING ON MY HEAD; +2 Attack, +2 Special Attack.

As Eifie hurries to remove the evidence of the fallen Furret portrait and tack up a cheery poster of a dancing Swinub on the wall, Zora rolls clumsily onto the floor, dazed. WHY IS IT SO DARK IN HERE? HAS SHE FALLEN ASLEEP ALREADY?! SHE CAN'T FALL ASLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE! THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE! Eager to avoid such a situation, Zora attempts a mumble properly reminiscent of the kind of ramblings she'd make in her sleep, but then Anya's wing falls off her face so that she's suddenly bathed in light again. Oh. Meanwhile, Anya finds herself glued to the spot too severely to even open her mouth.

Blinking as she readjusts to the light, Zora glances over at Anya and blushes, thinking about how they were LYING ON TOP OF EACH OTHER just moments ago... Is it possible that Anya felt the spark, too?! Zora's got to try, so she shyly pads over to Anya and places a paw on her head, rolling her over so that they can gaze upon each other face-to-face. Suddenly self-conscious, Zora licks a forepaw and brushes it over the tuft of red fur on her forehead, then quickly gives the rest of her fur a once-over to try to look her best. Anya won't be able to resist this! ... And then she remembers that Anya can't see.

Not all hope is lost, though, apparently. Anya giggles and beats her wings slightly to get herself back aloft on even height with Zora. "You know..." she tells Zora, tilting her head. "You're... kind of cute, after all..."

Zora's instantly smitten, completely forgetting that there's no way Anya can actually see how she looks. After all, that compliment has got to come straight from the heart. And then Anya flaps over to her, and Zora holds her breath, and... Anya hits her across the face with her left wing. Man, that stings. Anya's pretty fierce. She likes that in a Zubat. It did hurt, though, so maybe it'd be good for Zora to express her dominance. She's totally exhausted and run ragged, but she clears her throat and makes her best effort to summon up a roar to strike fear into the hearts of the heavens themselves! Or something.

Tired as she is, though, it just kind of comes out sounding like "mrrrrewwwll" or something equally uninspiring. Man, Anya's not going to be impressed.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Status: Amused by Zora's failure to unleash a mighty roar. Moderately paralyzed (12% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.
Used: [paralyzed] ~ Confide ~ Wing Attack

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 7%
Status: Abashed by her failure to unleash a mighty roar. +2 Attack, +1 Special Attack.
Used: Sleep Talk (failed) ~ Captivate (failed) ~ Roar (failed)

Arena Status

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 56%
  • Zora's Health: 15% - 8% (Wing Attack) = 7%

Notes
  • THANKS FOR THE NEAR-USELESS ROUND, YOU GUYS
  • Post commands, etc.

N-noooo, no you guys, don't- shit where's the spraybottle- I don't have a spraybottle. This'll have to do *more booze*

You guys. ~ Stahp. ~ No, bad.

I could like, actually give Bluberry Bat a DQ warning and wait until she posts, but I wrote this reffing days ago and want to close that window so I'm just gonna go ahead and post it. :p

Round Eleven

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Status: Amused by Zora's failure to unleash a mighty roar. Moderately paralyzed (12% chance of full paralysis). +1 Attack, +2 Defense, -1 Speed.

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 7%
Status: Abashed by her failure to unleash a mighty roar. +2 Attack, +1 Special Attack.

Man, that failed roar was like, totally embarrassing, man. Zora's like, so embarrassed. She's gotta assert her dominance for real now. She looks up at Anya, chooses her words carefully, and bellows out: "YOU SLAP LIKE A WOOBAT!!!" Somebody flings a glass bottle straight past her and it shatters on the floor to emphasize her words.

Anya's having none of this shit, though. Swiftly summoning up several orbs of Fire-type energy, she pretends to watch them dance about her head for a few seconds (it seems like a good idea, for dramatic effect) before whipping them forward with a very dignified, Zubat-like sweep of her wings. The orbs rocket into Zora one after another, and the fox Pokémon goes skidding backward, all four paws falling out from under each other.

Zora's energy is nearly spent, and Anya's totally broken her heart, and MAN WHY HASN'T EIFIE GOTTEN HER ANOTHER DRINK FOR LIKE, TWO WHOLE ROUNDS?! THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS. You know, if she had more in her, she'd totally be able to go on for hours. It's all Eifie's fault. Zora gathers up all the energy she can to fling herself bodily forth at her opponent, unable to summon up the will to do anything but pummel Anya one last time with her little paws. She manages, entirely by accident, to snap Anya's wing backward at an awkward angle, and the Zubat screeches with pain.

That takes about all Zora's got left in her, however, and she contents herself by crumpling to the ground, shutting her eyes as she listens to Anya sing her to sleep.

I GOT THE EYE OF THE TIIIGER, A FIIIGHTER

DANCING THROUGH THE FIIIIIRE

CAUSE IIII AM THE CHAAAAMPION

AND YOU'RE GONNA HEAR ME ROOOOOOOOOOAR

She's totally rubbing it in. Bitch.

Team Zora
Zubat
Anya
Health: 44%
Used: Hidden Power (Fire) ~ Round

Team Other Zora
Zorua
Zora@Lucky Egg
Health: 0%
Used: Taunt ~ Aerial Ace

Arena Status
  • Three shattered glass bottles lie on the ground.

Damage and Energy
  • Anya's Health: 56% - 12% (Aerial Ace) = 44%
  • Zora's Health: 7% - 6% (Hidden Power) - 6% (Round) = 0%

Notes
  • Somebody threw a bottle at Zora the first action, but it missed.
  • Anya's Hidden Power was Fire-type.
  • Aerial Ace scored a critical hit. I think I actually wrote this before the new crit mechanics, and I want to keep things consistent for this battle anyway, and also like, it doesn't matter...

Final Notes
  • Zora (of Termina) wins! She gets nothing. Anya gets nothing. As per ASB rules for when the commands don't matter.
  • Zora (of Bluberry Bat) loses. They both also get nothing. Sorry.
  • I get $5, though!
  • I hope you two enjoyed the like, two good sentences I managed to churn out out of like a few hundred or so. Perhaps next time it will be three! I will strive for the best.

Back
Top Bottom