• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Too many legendaries?

Hawkfish

Annoying Hawkish
Yeah, Ive heard of people that whine about too many legendaries so why not make a thread.
Do you think there is too many legendary Pokemon? I don't think so. I love legendaries... Also it would suck for newer players to find out that their game had no 'special' Pokemon unlike the games before. So newer players may not be able to get any legendaries without wifi...

I don't think there's too many. Afterall, in our world there are many stories about legends.

A big, fat yes. 34 Legendarys total. Way overboard. But the move sets are awsome. Who knew Gritina could leard Psycic?

Correction, there are thirty-five legendaries.

1. Articuno
2. Zapdos
3. Moltres
4. Mewtwo
5. Mew

6. Raikou
7. Entei
8. Suicune
9. LUGIA~
10. Ho-Oh
11. Celebi

12. Regirock
13. Regice
14. Registeel
15. Latias
16. Latios
17. Kyogre
18. Groudon
19. Rayquaza
20. Jirachi
21. Deoxys

22. Uxie
23. Mesprit
24. Azelf
25. Dialga
26. Palkia
27. Heatran
28. Regigigas
29. Giratina
30. Cresselia
31. Phione
32. Manaphy
33. Darkrai
34. Shaymin
35. Arceus

Define "too many". Too many for what? For franchising? No. For "plotlines" (haha what is this "plot" you speak of)? Not really. For people who whine about "noobs with too many ubers"? Sure.

For mythology/fantasy nerds like me who enjoy having a nice, diverse "pantheon", if you will, to work with for fanwork? Hells no. Keep 'em coming, GF.

I think the number of legendaries is fine right now, but it seems like there are a lot more legendaries in Sinnoh than other regions. Are there?

But technically, they do have the same gods. Sinnoh and Johto aren't that different. It's a matter of where they live (Christians in Canada and Christians in the US worship the same God, do they not?), not the people of Sinnoh not believing in Articuno or something.

I think there are too many legends with D/P and I thought Hoenn was pushing it a little. Really, 7 legends is about all you need per gen, imo. Just how I see it.

Why does anyone even care?

I mean, in comparison to how many non-legendary Pokemon there are, the amount of legendary ones is tiny. :T

Meh, Sinnoh was going a bit far...but meh. I'd only start worrying if there are more legands than normal pokemon in a region. XD

I'm fine with it. With how many non-legendary Pokemon there are, there need to be a lot. Sinnoh might have been pushing it a little, but I don't really care. I like most legendaries, so I'm fine with how many there are.

We need all of the legendaries. 35(legendaries)/493(total) = seven percent. (7.0993914807302231237322515212982%, to be exact.) If they added any less in DPP, then this number would be a lot smaller.

Well, they kinda did go overboard this generation, but it's not like I'm complaining :P But, after all, 7% is a lot! o_o

Back
Top Bottom