• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PLAN MY VACATION FOR ME

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
Sometime this summer, I (and also Zhorken) intend on visiting someone! Ideally not each other, because while we are friends, that has been done. New people are great.

WHERE DO WE GO? Quite a lot of the cost of going somewhere is room and board, so it would be infinitely preferable if you have somewhere in your house for us to stay. If you don't ... well, I'll still consider it, but it's not too likely.

We have passports, so leaving the US or Canada is not an issue. Plane tickets to, idk, Australia probably are, though. Sorry, ultraviolet :<

/huff.

have i mentioned yet how awesome your parents are

so amazingly jealous have a great time. >( :( /.-.\

Not sure whether to expect any response here, but hey, no harm trying!

Sometime this summer, I (and also Zhorken) intend on visiting someone! Ideally not each other, because while we are friends, that has been done. New people are great.
It's been done three times, even! And we've also both met opaltiger, H-land, and NWT. So we've got people vouching for our not being Internet weirdos. (Or, well, our not being the bad kind, at least.)

WHERE DO WE GO? Quite a lot of the cost of going somewhere is room and board, so it would be infinitely preferable if you have somewhere in your house for us to stay. If you don't ... well, I'll still consider it, but it's not too likely.
Also if we don't already talk much, make sure you've got IM or can start hanging around #tcod sometimes or something—I'm fine with the prospect of going off to stay with someone I don't know too well yet, as long as I can get to know you at least somewhat.

We have passports, so leaving the US or Canada is not an issue. Plane tickets to, idk, Australia probably are, though. Sorry, ultraviolet :<
hahaha wow I don't remember where in Australia she lives but I looked at prices for several cities and yeahhhh I don't have $1500! So Australia is out!

EDIT: Also we're aiming to go to the same place, so we're preferrably looking for someone who can host two people or two people around the same area who can each host one of us.

EDIT 2:
<Riou> Zhorkinoone: Are we internet weirdos?
<Zhorkinoone> Riou: we are internet, and we are pretty weird
<Zhorkinoone> but we're not Internet Weirdos
<clover> 'we are internet'
<clover> ilu
(Riou being surskitty)

Last edited:
Although I still have yet to see
The feelings of my family,
I do believe that it would be
All right if you two stayed with me.
Although we have but one spare room,
We've many couches (more than two)
If you decided you would stay
In Westerville. Although a way
From many things, and very hot in mid-July-
I'll be frank; I'm not sure why
You'd ever want to visit me
But if you wish it, it may be!

(This is, of course, assuming that we're talking a vacation some time in July or early August; I have school for about four weeks after today and my family's taking its own vacation some time in June.)
EDIT: Some time in May might also be okay, although my sister would still be in school, which might cause a few issues.

Last edited:
When are you lot planning to go? If it's after 15th of July, I could probably arrange a Dutch TCoD meetup. I've got space. I live like an hour away from everything important in this country too (Amsterdam) and ridiculously close to any of the other big cities.

Last edited:
Or New York and stay with me?

jk you guys wouldn't like it here. ((here as in with me, not New York itself))

@ H-land and Verne: Possibly! Keeping you guys in mind. Mainly H-land because while I love you, Verne, I don't think we can probably stand each other for extended lengths of time. Though I could be wrong! I do a lot less righteous fury offline.

@ Tarvos: It's a possibility? But not very likely. I'd quite like to meet up with you if someone in the UK or something invites us, though.
How about going to Puerto Rico?
I'd love to go to Puerto Rico at some point! Unfortunately for this trip I'd really like to meet up with someone and, not to put too fine a point on it, we're almost twice your age. It'd be weird. If I'm ever down there for some reason and you're not eleven, I am okay with the idea of getting coffee or something, but ... yeah no.
Or New York and stay with me?

jk you guys wouldn't like it here. ((here as in with me, not New York itself))
No, thank you.

Tailsy said:
Plane tickets to, idk, Australia probably are, though. Sorry, ultraviolet :<
oh I see how it is.
Zhorken said:
hahaha wow I don't remember where in Australia she lives but I looked at prices for several cities and yeahhhh I don't have $1500! So Australia is out!
I live in Perth, bored capital of the world. :o and yeah people wonder why coming to the London Expo is hard for me! I just don't have $1500 to throw around, you know?

also hahaha both of you would hate it here because it is a) hot (relatively to where you guys are from) and b) boring as fuck; if you're going to Australia, at least go to Sydney or someplace cool. Or, you know, Canberra's okay if you like museums.

Ummm since I haven't actually been anywhere outside Australia I have no idea where a good place to go is. Maybe you guys could go meet opal, Dannichu etc. for expo or something?

GUYS

COME OVER HERE AND VISIT ME

No one ever visits me. ; ; You can totally stay in my house! DO ITTTT.
If you want visitors, you must not hide
The name of the place in which you reside.

In other news, my parents say
Your visiting would be okay.
Although I'll be gone June the Twelfth
Assuming I'm still in good health
When I get back nine days after that
There ought to be more folks at home than just cats.
(Although, Brigit, are we still on for July?
We've been planning that thing on the eighth for some time.)

Pretty sure they know where I live. :v

How long does it take you to write these? Because they're quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom