• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Halloween Mafia 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I can't count this morning, there's still one slot, which I'd like to take. I haven't mafiaed in forever, but whatever!

EDIT: Yeah, this is post #22, minus the first post and uv's undecided post makes 20.

Dayum, wasn't expecting to hit 20 this fast. :P

posting to say :D that is adorable

I maaay join, depending on when this thing's going to get started. I've got shitloads due this week, but it's also my last week, so. hrrrm what to do what to do

don't reserve me a spot, I'm undecided.

Night 0 won't be starting until Wednesday night at the absolute earliest, because I have some stuff to get out of the way as well; that means that Day 1 will be sometime Friday at the earliest (with 48 hours for you to perform any night action you end up with). Is that enough time? If it is, then since you've already expressed interest you can have a 21st spot (one extra person won't hurt); otherwise we'll just start with the 20 we have.

Do we need to be actually part of The "Mafia Players" User group to join?

If not, I'm in.

Nope. You only need to be in that usergroup to play in the actual Mafia forum, and we're going to be playing here since this game is supposed to be exclusive to ASB members.

Oookay then, so I guess signups are effectively closed barring uv's decision (haven't actually counted for myself yet, I'll edit if that's not the case). Let me get to that aforementioned stuff, and then I'll start the game sometime on/after Wednesday night; the final role list should be up before then.

Oookay then, so I guess signups are effectively closed barring uv's decision (haven't actually counted for myself yet, I'll edit if that's not the case). Let me get to that aforementioned stuff, and then I'll start the game sometime on/after Wednesday night; the final role list should be up before then.

Make sure to remember what role I am; I'm the roleblocker, remember?

Does winning the game count for a rare candy, even if you don't survive? Say the innocents win but you die two days before or something while still innocent.

head said:
And, as always, any players who manage to crawl out of the Distortion World alive at the end of the game will receive one rare candy (since Negrek totally prepared some in secret back in August). Given all the recent shenanigans in the Black Market I know you'd all like to get your hands on one of those, so if you're interested and don't mind a little murder then sign up and give it a shot!

so no.

three cloaked battlers on the street and their baby pokémon get before Negrek arrives to give them hell. It's probably as exciting as Halloween 2011 is going to get.

Then the togepi lets out an ear-splitting roar that shatters what glass is left in the vicinity. One of the two cleffa swings its arm down, finger still waving merrily, and rips a hole in the air itself just as the second cleffa vanishes in a puff of purple smoke. The street and the buildings lining it warp, contort and buckle, time and space whirling out of whack and colliding directly under a traffic light to be joined by a shadowy explosion upon the second cleffa's return. There is a horrible lurch, the world around the bystanders seems to stretch out and compress together all at once, and then there is darkness and silence.

I swear to god I am working on this battle augh honestly

NUUU HOW COULD I MISS THIS

Um.... okay, I realize there's probably not room. If there is though, could you possibly consider allowing me to join? I really want to, but if there's not enough room, I understand.

Um.... okay, I realize there's probably not room. If there is though, could you possibly consider allowing me to join? I really want to, but if there's not enough room, I understand.

Because this was posted at near midnight and people happened to be on at an ungodly hour of the morning.

i was the ninth player and i got on in the morning. But i see what you mean. If someone could co mod it, then (that is, if she's willing to have a co mod) there COULD be more players.

But she's (I'm calling her a she, if thats ok) modding this all on her own, so she says she can only handle 20 or 21. It's hard to mod a long mafia game, especially one based off of ASB.

What about last years game? Is that cancelled forever?

Ask Negrek, but probably, yeah.

Make sure to remember what role I am; I'm the roleblocker, remember?

Does winning the game count for a rare candy, even if you don't survive? Say the innocents win but you die two days before or something while still innocent.

maybe it's just my shit memory but I don't get what you're referencing there

iirc in previous years only actual survivors received rare candy, so I assume it'll be the same this time. Negrek's the one handling the prizes—I'm just the one writing about people going insane and tearing each others' heads off—so you can double-check with her, I guess.

Yeah, sure, you can join. So can エル. (since he asked in that deleted post) if he still wants to and he confirms that before I get the roles up in a few days. But seriously no one else now, mkay? Mkay.

If I had more time I'd try to set up two games the way Negrek originally planned to last year, but. I don't. So sorry!

Yes, last year's game is well-deceased, and only people who actually survive get candies, regardless of whether their affiliated team wins overall.

Sad that I didn't make it to the murder-party but:

Blastoise Fortooate - Blastoise is perhaps best known for his generosity: he loves to grant trainers free vouchers for his handy little berry shop on special occasions, and rare is the Asberian who hasn't taken him up on his kind birthday wishes. You'd think that birthday berry vouchers would be a bit less valuable while trapped in the Distortion World, but the allure of free stuff is just too much to pass up even here... Each night Blastoise can choose one player to distract with a free berry voucher. That player's night action, if applicable, will be redirected from its original target to him.

:D

Is it sad to say that I have been waiting for this for so long? I'M A ASB HALLOWEEN MAFIA ROLE WHOO

In other news, berry juice will be furbished for those who survive and make it back to Asber.

You guys punched a hole in my business building I will have you pay, you band of hooligans. I will tear your Pokemon asunder with my legendary Pokemon. Of course this will not really happen but at least the mental scarring will still be there.

No-one puts meteors in my building.

... I would've joined if there was still space, but last night was one of the few nights I was no on during ungodly hours in the morning, and today was very busy, so...! Kratos, if you're secure enough of your sanity to let me into the game, that'd be amazing; if not, no biggie, I'll try to join next year!

Derp that's just because I thought of the first role I could with my name; namely knives and such

And that's too bad. I really hope I get LotF then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom