• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Halloween Mafia 2011: Night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ASB Halloween Mafia 2011: Day 1

2 mafia in one night? Sweet. Anyway. Based on the description I think it's vig, mafia, and revenge kill...? Or Metallica Fanboy (r)? Doesn't sound like healer, nor lover.

/totally helpful yes

It looks like one was vig kill, the other healer clash, maybe the third mafia?
Whichever, looks like we lucked out. Two dead mafia on day one.
(also kratos your writing is amazing)

I - wow.

Well, we can overspeculate about whether Kratos's mix-up could mean anything, or we could mainly look at what changes in speculation of cause of death - really nothing for me, actually, since vig is accounted for and the serial killer and mafia aren't really together.

Still, 2/6 or 2/7 down. Interesting first night, in any case.

I - wow.

Well, we can overspeculate about whether Kratos's mix-up could mean anything, or we could mainly look at what changes in speculation of cause of death - really nothing for me, actually, since vig is accounted for and the serial killer and mafia aren't really together.

Still, 2/6 or 2/7 down. Interesting first night, in any case.

A lover can pick a mafia to be their lover, right? so maybe one of the lovers were vig killed, the other suicide, and the other mafia kill? It would work since one had a flower stem impaled in them.

A lover can pick a mafia to be their lover, right? so maybe one of the lovers were vig killed, the other suicide, and the other mafia kill? It would work since one had a flower stem impaled in them.

I don't just cause people to commit suicide--I send my nidoking out to crush them if they don't kill themselves.

Or at least the role named after me does.

I don't think it's too likely for it to be a lover death, honestly. At the moment I'm considering the idea that my role loved ole_schooler and decided they wanted to win faster.

Wow, it's pretty good that we got 2/5 mafia on n0!

And I'm agreeing with the ole_schooler(r)/vigkill theory. Except why would they kill on n0?

It's not unheard of for a vig to kill on n0. I've seen it happen in a game I was in - I forgot which - but yeah. They backed off after people told them in the thread that it wasn't the best idea.

So vig, if you are reading this, then congrats and thanks for getting a mafia, if you did. But it'd be best if you refrained from killing, unless you somehow know the identity of a mafioso. But unlikely.

And I just remembered: Kratos said that flavourtext is not always important. It's pretty safe to assume that one is serial killer and the other is mafia. I doubt it's healer as none of the players seem particularly prominent doctor targets - HighMoon often does not participate, not sure about Superbird or Skylark. But there are people like Zhorken and Clover and Kusari to heal. And while I know I just said flavourtext might not always be important, it's almost always indicated in the text somehow if it was a lover's death. So we can rule that out too. Pretty much restating what we already know, but yeah :U

So, recapping: we've had three deathes, two of them being dead mafiosi. One of these is probably vigkill, as that would not only be expectable, but also, heavily implied by flavor. The other two are likelier to be mafiakill and serial killer kill, both from flavor and from the odds. It's also altogether possible that one of today's killed merely displays as mafia (which is the case with me(r)).

Unless somebody has something to add to that, let's move on. I don't want to be critical, but, the multiple restatements are having us moving in circles.

Even if one death was a vig kill, we can't rely exclusively on that. I've seen many mafia games go astray that involve suspicion evolving into fact without any evidence.

But yes, moving on seems like a good idea.

I don't recall right now, I might check later, but are we allowed abstinence from lynching?

If not, then we'd do well to start thinking about who's going to be this day's nooser.

But there are people like Zhorken and Clover and Kusari to heal.

You're counting me?? *A* i feel soloved~! i haven't even mafiaed in months... you would totally be on my 'people to mafiaheal' list too!!

i think i was vig one game and killed n0 and it was mafia, hahaha.... we're playing the no-penalty vig here, right? not the 'kill an innocent and you're dead' vig.

soooo let's see, who hasn't talked yet... i'd hate to 'ninjavote', but i'd also hate to ... but on the other hand, we have 2/5 mafia down, yeah? so we can probably afford to abstain tonight, yes~

i'm pretty sure we can abstain in this game, anyway.

The slip-up means that I was tired when I got back around to finishing the writeup. The night went through exactly as it was supposed to given the roles that acted.

You can abstain from lynching without penalty. That would be boring and make me sadface, but you can do it. :V

You can abstain from lynching without penalty. That would be boring and make me sadface, but you can do it. :V
Yeah, I know prolonged abstinence that tends to annoy the mod. I should know, it always annoys me when I'm the mod.

Still, I'm pretty sure this game's nights are eventful enough that they can make up for this. So, for now, I'm sticking with abstaining.

You're counting me?? *A* i feel soloved~! i haven't even mafiaed in months... you would totally be on my 'people to mafiaheal' list too!!

B'aww, thanks <3 I just remember you GMing TWEWY mafia, and you just seem like a mafia-ish person to me, so... ! I have no idea how much mafia you actually play.

Anyway, back on topic. Abstaining too. Not much of a need to randlynch when we'll almost certainly hit an innocent. We've got a nice head start anyway~

Well, two Scum down is better than one.
All aboard the Abstain bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom