• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: This is what I do [new: more MSPA fanart]

choo choo all aboard the double post/endless fanart train

I DREW SOME MORE HS FANART WHAT A SURPRISING TURN OF EVENTS O:
itoldyouabouttears_wm.jpg

TG: god dammit
TG: im not actually crying
TG: its the fucking onions
TG: these piece of shit crocodiles are lambasting me with them

Delicious Dave-soup :O~
I actually put some effort into this and it turned out looking alright ! gasp
(but it's always the drawings that I like the most that get no comments :C)

I'm liking your HS fanart. Dave being cooked made me chuckle. Ironically of course.

And it looks like John's hood fell off.

Thanks bro C:

Now John's hood is back on whoah O:
johnnn_wm.jpg

This turned out so much better than the previous one imo :U

I also made a very silly little animation because I just could not resist:
SMUPPETSEVERYWHERE2sml.gif

adurrrrdurrrrdurrrrrrrr

maybe I should stop doing mspa fanart for a while
or maybe not !

Last edited:
Re: POSSESS, MANIPULATE

(Thanks C:)

yeah woops I've been neglecting this for a while, but now it's going to change !
As the title hints, I played Ghost Trick and oh god I loved it SO MUCH (you should totally get it if you have a DS/lite/DSi !)
this obviously means FANART
manandcat.jpg

I experimented a bit with this; I didn't make a sketch at all and did the silhouette first instead. Turned out pretty good if I may say so !

ugh
hopefully a TOP POMERANIAN will get me at least some comments
lynneandmissy.jpg

Lynne holding Missile, both are characters from Ghost Trick in case you didn't know (you should though !)

came out not-as-good-as-i-would've-wanted but fuck

"'POSSESS, MANIPULATE' that's new! it sounds vaguely related to ghost trick i hope it is ghost trick related [clicks] YEAH!"

I'M MISSILE, I'M A POMERANIAN

i don't actually know anything about arting so I can't say much about the drawings proper but \o/ missile is ~perfect~ and y... sissel is ~adorable~ if he is not poking out the cat's eye with his pokey nose.

(next in the series: reckless-youth-from-the-park with mino! >D ... yeah maybe that wouldn't work so well but. reckless youth is my favorite minor character ever. :D SAVE THE PARK, THE ROCK OF THE GODS

also, large watermarks make midnight :(. :()

Thank youuuu ;u;

... oh god now I feel like I should actually draw the crazy park guy :'D
we'll see, we'll see
maybe after I can draw Cabanela without failing super hard :U

the hideous watermarks are there because I'm ~paranoid~
in the rare case you'd like to see some of my drawings without them, you could pm me or something and then I could give you some links without having to be afraid of art thief derps O:

EDIT:
lazy scribble poop
buttdragon_wm.jpg

Last edited:

guardianofthepark_sml.jpg

whoopdedoo doodle time

EDIT:
have a... thing
thinger_wm.jpg

still not quite sure what it is
gonna figure it out eventually
and yes, those are human feet backwards in case you were wondering

Last edited:

oh my god you actually drew him

you are my FAVORITE

-- what is that... that thing.

hey so I am going to take this space to blather about homestuck because yes. started it a couple weeks ago, am somewhere in the middle of act five. slowly catching up! but i still do not understand two of your arts up there. oh well!

I hate that sagittarius troll (my sign) seems like the worst. :( though the homosexual submission kink soon after his introduction redeemed him slightly. that is about where I am atm. I like the kitty one! I also like all the kids even if I don't quite get the... apocalypse acronym guys subplot. the recaps help, though.

o/ bunp

CB

that thing is now called Hesperos because it is a cool sounding name.
He can poof up his neck fur for a more intimidating look, like this:
hesperosfloofy_wm.jpg

I'm still not sure what he is though P:

yesss Homestuck, you've apparently still got quite a bit of reading before you catch up P:

I'm a sagittarius too but imo Equius is kinda cute albeit pretty creepy :B
Oh and thanks for reminding me, I had this finished drawing of Nepeta I never posted here for some reason:
nepetapounce.jpg

\o BUNP...

Re: Let me show you my stabs

I AM HIGH ON ART CURRENTLY
finished something I've been scribbling for over a week now, almost gave up at some points, especially during the sketch/lineart parts because I just couldn't get some stuff right :U
It's still a bit wonky but hey who cares I learned a SHITLOAD by drawing this
here's a preview which is also a link to the whole thing (still 50% of the original size iirc):

I hate to sound whiny, but I'd just seriously love at least some comments/crit because I put some god damn honest effort into this :U

i don't... that thing is cool ANYWAY

I searched the ghost trick tag on tumblr (as i do) and someone reblogged you :O i was like WHOA I KNOW THAT PICTURE

just in case it interests you or something :B :3

Oh man someone cared enough about my art to show it to others? O: le gasp
(the thing that irks me though is that I should've drawn that better ! oh well I gotta fix this soon)

anyway here's a silly EBA/TRON crossover thing I made some days ago
dancing agents are best agents
elitebeatprograms_wm-1.jpg

I AM HIGH ON ART CURRENTLY
finished something I've been scribbling for over a week now, almost gave up at some points, especially during the sketch/lineart parts because I just couldn't get some stuff right :U
It's still a bit wonky but hey who cares I learned a SHITLOAD by drawing this
here's a preview which is also a link to the whole thing (still 50% of the original size iirc):
[preview goes here]

I hate to sound whiny, but I'd just seriously love at least some comments/crit because I put some god damn honest effort into this :U
The dark-haired woman's facial expression looks sort of wonky. It looks right when I focus on seeing it from the side, but the rest of her head doesn't look to me like her neck is turned that sharply—I think it's mostly that her hair would be way further forward on the left side of her head that way?—so I default to trying to see her facing more forward and it looks weird.

But other than that I like this a lot! I'm not all that great at anatomy yet so I don't have any more comments on that, but I still love your colours. Especially the transition between cool hues on one side and warm hues on the other in this piece—I think that's really interesting. (I've just recently begun really playing with colour and paying more attention to it and suddenly wow I find myself having a lot of respect for people who are good at it.)

EDIT: ALSO I played through Ghost Trick a couple weeks ago and I just realized that means I can go back and properly enjoy the fanart now, hell yeah.

no love for the chieftain?
is that a challenge? :D

The amount of love I have for you right now knows no bounds.
<3

[critque stuff]
aaaaaa thank you CB
Yeah I guess I can see what you mean, especially since it's been a while since I looked at this. I've decided that I'll use most of my summer practicing anatomy and such, so maybe I'll be able to fix stuff like this in the future P:
And yay you noticed my colours; I have my special custom gradient for warm-cool colours like that and I guess using it pays off C:

Re: NINJA COMBAT OWL PEOPLE

aaaand art bunp !

first, some silly GT doodles:
catwm.jpg

lynnecabanelawm.jpg

AND
HUMAN-OWL HYBRID PERSON
brought to you by MY SUBCONSCIOUS
combatowl_wm.jpg

[long story short: I had this crazy dream where I went to this combat training camp for these genetically spliced human-owl hybrid people who had a normal human trainer guy, the owlpeople had these rope-things they dangled on and did all sorts of cool stuff! It was really great so I couldn't help but draw my interpretation of the owl-people]

EDIT: dude these are WAY too fun to draw and especially to colour
this guy here is Trisk, he's an owl person too
combatowltrisk_wm.jpg

more to come, most likely !
this is FUN FUN FUN FUN and it isn't even friday yet

(also yes I cheated a bit by c/ping the belly markings from photographs on both of these because I tried drawing them and failed miserably)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom