• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
Pokémon Black and White

Since it's now officially out in English and Dannichu and I are clogging up the Fwee Thread talking about it, I think it warrants another thread. (Spoiler warning for jealous North Americans :D)

Oh god I want to marry this game. The music is incredible and the moving Pokémon battle sprites make a surprising amount of difference :o Kinda annoying how the "low HP" alert completely replaces the battle music now, but.
I went with White. I'm in Nimbasa City right now with Dewott, Swoobat, Scraggy and Minccino all around the lv27 mark about to take on Elesa.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon Black and White

They may have actually been crafted from pure, unadulterated perfection.

(Dewott/Herdier/Munna/Cottonee; Timburr too, but will probably be dropped)

Oh god, I am loving this game SO MUCH <333

My team is: Polly (Tranquill, lv. 21), Jack (Pansear, lv. 19), Jo (Cottonee, lv. 16), Martha (Blitzle, lv. 21), Mickey (Herdier lv. 19) and River (Dewott lv. 23). Yes, that is a Doctor Who themed team, yes I do realise how nerdy that makes me.

I've just gotten to the big city, and am having fun running around the BIG BUILDINGS and fighting BREAK DANCERS.

Does anyone know how far into the game you get Sun/Fire Stones? I might ditch my Cottonee and Pansear, at least for a while, if I can't evolve them for ages.

The new Evil Team are hilarious. I didn't think they could make outfits more lulzy than Galactics, but they did, and I love it.

Also, I get far too much pleasure from defeating FOUR YEAR OLDS IN BATTLE.

And FEMALE SCIENTISTS FINALLY.

And OTHER HAPPY THINGS :DDDDD

It is nearly 6am I've been playing this game for far too long and I should sleep but it's so good I can't o.o

....*whine*
Tomorrow is gonna be the SLOWEST DAY EVER
Mom's taking me out to get Black for me and a DS + White for my little brother on Sunday.
The waiting is the hardest part ; ;

Does anyone know how far into the game you get Sun/Fire Stones? I might ditch my Cottonee and Pansear, at least for a while, if I can't evolve them for ages.
I think in Castelia on one of the docks I met someone who asked which elemental monkey I have. I assume they give you the corresponding evolution stone, but I didn't answer :v
Sun/Moon Stones I've gotten as gifts or found lying about.

The new Evil Team are hilarious. I didn't think they could make outfits more lulzy than Galactics, but they did, and I love it.
In design and in concept. Not only are they apparently the Pokémon version of PETA but their philosophy for the most part is "you're mistreating your Pokémon, therefore we will beat them up".

Also, best battle theme. Outdoing Team Rocket's from HGSS is quite a feat.

Also, I get far too much pleasure from defeating FOUR YEAR OLDS IN BATTLE.
Preschooler Homer is the best trainer name ever.

ALSO REUSABLE TMS :DDD I know I stole your happy thing from the Fwee Thread, Danni, but aaaa <3

I think in Castelia on one of the docks I met someone who asked which elemental monkey I have. I assume they give you the corresponding evolution stone, but I didn't answer :v

Yes, that's your first opportunity for a monkey-evolving stone. You don't have to choose the one that actually corresponds to your monkey, though (especially considering you might've found another monkey in the forest).

Aaaah, cool. I shall keep an eye out then.

SANDILE GET. The Sandile line is very much my favourite of this gen <3 So cuuuuute.

Also! When Pokemon fall asleep their eyes close! I can't be the only one who thinks that's the best thing ever.

I love that they tell you how terrible you are for having Pokemon and then fight you. With Pokemon. It's fabulous.

Aaaah, the battle theme. And music in general! They kept just enough from the old games (the Pokemon Centre music is still there, which is great, and my personal favourite, dragging-you-around-town music), but the new stuff is wonderful.

There is a Pikachu in one of the buildings called Gesundheit. That is actually the best thing ever :3

Ahahahaha A GUY JUST JUMPED OUT AT ME IN A DARK ALLEY AND GAVE ME STUFF. I LOVE THE POKEMON WORLD.

So basically you two are going to explode when you actually get to the parts with reshiram and zekrom, or the E4.

It is going to be hilarious to watch people detonate with squee over something I've been messing with since September. B) Words I can actually read are just icing on the cake.

So basically you two are going to explode when you actually get to the parts with reshiram and zekrom, or the E4.

It is going to be hilarious to watch people detonate with squee over something I've been messing with since September. B) Words I can actually read are just icing on the cake.

Yes, almost certianly.

...but you didn't get Preschooler Homer ):

I've already exploded. Many times. Basically I'm down to just a very thin paste. Or something.

E4 theme/dragonbattle theme >>>>>>>>>>> Preschooler Homer. Sorry.

Like you don't even understand. I was on the train while going to school, surrounded by people I have never met that are probably already judging me for playing video games, and I was grinning like a maniac for like the entire hour-long ride. I had to fight with myself not squeal audibly and probably failed several times. I don't remember. I was too busy grinning like a maniac and trying not to squeal. You cannot know until you experience it. You can only wait for it, and then you explode.

Last edited:

E4 theme/dragonbattle theme >>> Preschooler Homer. Sorry.

I'll tell him you said that
how does it feel making a fictional four-year-old cry kratos

Oh, speaking of preschoolers, I love the one in the daycare who gives you some sort of short lecture on relativism.

Like you don't even understand. I was on the train while going to school, surrounded by people I have never met that are probably already judging me for playing video games, and I was grinning like a maniac for like the entire hour-long ride. I had to fight with myself not squeal audibly and probably failed several times. I don't remember. I was too busy grinning like a maniac and trying not to squeal. You cannot know until you experience it. You can only wait for it, and then you explode.
This is a strangely adorable tale.

Almost as wonderful as making a real four-year-old cry. Dragonbattle music is worth every salty tear anyway.

Aaaanyway, I am curious to see what they may or may not have done to the non-Japanese-speaking NPCs and trainers. Have either of you been to that international building or whatever it is in Castelia yet?

No, I don't think so! I did have JOY at chatting to the game design team in one of the upper floors of a building, though :)

But if I come across it, I'll let you know!

Saturday is gonna suck. I have to wait until Sunday for my game!
ARGH!!!

...You guys and your fangirlish squealing is making me want it SO BAD, ARGH STOP IT SERIOUSLY >:

I can't get it until my mom gets the money, regardless of release date. I have $30 that she gave me... she just needs to cough up another $10 and I can hopefully go get it... oh God, I MUST GET IT.

Oh my god, I actually adore B/W. <33 I didn't expect to because I was kind of "meh" about the last gen, but this one is amazing and I was so excited and I can't stop playing and just. ah.

My team right now is Vega (Munna, level 16), Altair (Pidove, level 17), Sketch (Herdier, level 17), Denebola (Servine, level 17), Kitalpha (Blitzle, level 17), and Madoka (Zorua, level 12, that I got given by surskitty). I'm not sure which I'll drop because I purposefully tried to avoid looking at the new Pokemon for months which means that they're all new and I don't know when they'll evolve or what moves they have and it's fantastic! I really want a Chandelure and a Galvantula though, because they are awesome.

And yes, that is a star naming theme. I am choosing appropriate ones for each Pokemon I want to use. :D Altair is in the constellation Aquila, for example, which is the eagle constellation! ...and then there's Sketch and Madoka who I just named that way for the hell of it.

I'm in the forest outside Nacrene City now. :D I love that when Pokemon fall asleep, their eyes close! And the animated sprites! And the falling leaves! And everything!

White was preordered express by my brother for me so it's going straight to my house on Sunday :3

Also I'm going for a team without starters this time just because everyone uses them.

ALSO dragon scenes are beautiful, yes.

Back
Top Bottom