• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[OPEN] It's the End of the World Party!

MidnightAgony

(⊙_◎)
Hey guys, look who's back from about a yearlong vacation. Figured I'd show I'm back with a little (not really...) RP.

Premise: People were boarding the huge luxury liner as usual, but without the usual positive tone. People were nervous about what would surely be their last cruise, and why wouldn't they be? They had just found out the world would soon end, after all. When they all checked in on the boat, they were all summoned to the upper deck, where there was a screen that turned on to a man just standing there, and he said, "Welcome to the End of the World. I, Mr. Kazumo, will be your host tonight on the S.S. Restart, I hope you enjoy your evening." he raised his glass and took a sip of wine, then continued, "As you all know, I have decided to host a final party to 'celebrate' the end of the world, and obviously I had to go all out. I'm sure you will all find something to interest yourselves with. Please, help yourselves to anything you find. These next two days are purely for your enjoyment. Have a good evening." then the screen turned off. For a few minutes it was silent, as everyone took one final moment to take in all that was going on, and then they disorganised, all searching for their personal entertainment.

Basically, it's the end of the world, and we're throwing a party on a luxury liner in the middle of the ocean. However, the main part of the RP will take place after the world ends, and will at first focus on trying to find anything that is still around, and the plot will emerge gradually as time goes on. If you would like more specific information, just ask.

Each character recieved a letter, reading:
Code:
Dear (Mr./Mrs.) (Character's last name), you have been cordially invited to Mr. 
Kazumo's End of the World party, being held on the newly built S.S. Restart.
Please fill out the form and return to sender to recieve the ticket to get on
board:

Full Name: 
Sex: 
Date of Birth: 
Pokémon (If any) Accompanying You: 
Photo of self (Or physical description, if you'd rather): 
Any additional notes: 

Please remember that you are in no way obligated to attend, but if you do you 
will certainly be missing out!

-Sincerely,
            Mr. Kazumo
(Fill it out and post it in code tags, followed by a brief description of his/her personality and history.)

Date of Birth is for aesthetics, but to get the correct age you want, assume the year is present, 2011.

Example: (Also my form)
Code:
Dear Mr. Norton, you have been cordially invited to Mr. Kazumo's End of the 
World party, being held on the newly built S.S. Restart. Please fill out the 
form and return to sender to recieve the ticket to get on board:

Full Name: Zachary (Zack) D. Norton
Sex: Male
Date of Birth: April 23, 1992
1. M Quilava "Blaze" Lv. 25
2. M Umbreon "Lunos" Lv. 24
3. F Leavanny "Leafy" Lv. 22
4. Porygon-Z "Omega-23" Lv. 21
5. F Togetic Lv. 23
6. M Skarmory Lv. 23
[img]http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/8394/facel.png[/img]

-Sincerely,
            Mr. Kazumo
Zach is normally calm and collected, his social skills coming from studying the way people act and react. He doesn't let on to this, making it seem like he naturally acts the way he does.
His father is an esteemed Pokémon professor, and had sent him out to do field work, but he called for him to come back when the letter arrived. Zach had not even heard news of the end of the world until then, and was skeptical, but then they turned on the news to see that it was happening already. His father told him that they were both going on the ship, and he reluctantly complied.

Rules:
1. No godmoding, etc. The basics. Mary Sues/Gary Stues will be shot on sight.

2. At least try to use proper grammar and spelling. I won't be strict, but your typing should be easily read.

3. You may have up to 3 characters max. It's a big ship, however, and they would most likely not interact much if at all (unless it is a special case, like siblings or related some other way, but I still expect them to spend more time apart than together.)

4. I will most likely accept sign-ups until the End (of the world).

5. No Legendaries. Rotom and Phione do not count.

6. There will most likely be mature content. Anything can happen and anyone can die, so don't be afraid to sacrifice your character. Depending on the circumstances, I may allow you to create a new character in his/her place.

7. Images should be made by or for you.

Cast:
MidnightAgony as Zack Norton
MewMew:) as Bill Anderson
Lili as Clive Puddleglum
Coroxn as Coro Xeno
Blastoise Fortooate as Samuel Spalding
Storm, Earth and Fire as Clement Hampton
Rizadon as Krystal Solstice
RespectTheBlade - Reserved

Last edited:
Well, at first, yes. But I'm planning for only a relatively short amount of time to be spent before the end of the world. The main part of it will be afterwards, and I will throw out small-scale objectives and the like, and ultimately the plot. I guess I should have said more in the first, and I will edit it accordingly.

Full Name: Clive Lewis Puddleglum
Date of Birth: November 29th

Pokémon:
Sawk Tereso, M, lv. 32
Audino Eustacia, F, lv. 17

Photo of self: I have no photos. But Clive is of average height, and Caucasian. He has blonde curly hair and startling blue eyes. His face is very narrow and his cheekbones are defined. He has stubble as he forgot to shave the night before. He's a good-looking guy. Clive wears a blue shirt with an orange crescent moon over two palm trees on a desert island. His pants an tight-fitted black slacks. His shoes, simple white flipflops.
Any additional notes: TOM HIDDLESTON AAAAA

Last edited:
Dear Ms. Solstice, you have been cordially invited to Mr.
board:

Full Name: Krystal Solstice (nickname Kris or Krys)
Sex: Female
Date of Birth: February 29, 1997 (not my real DOB)
1)CharmanderCharmander [F] Lv 82
2)KirliaKirlia [F] Lv 72
3)GothoritaGothorita [M] Lv 72
4)DragonairDragonair [F] Lv 80
5)GengarGengar [M] Lv 81

Photo of self (Or physical description, if you'd rather): A long, skinny girl. Has silver hair that has bangs that cover one of her eyes. Has a sword she carries in her blue backpack. Wears blue jeans, a scarlet shirt, and a jean vest. Has Sapphire eyes that glows during the night. Has a Scarlet cap that obscures her face.

Any additional notes: Nothing I can think of.

-Sincerely,
Mr. Kazumo

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Anderson, you have been cordially invited to Mr.
board:

Full Name: Bill Anderson
Date of Birth: November 13, 1985
Lucario (M) [Ace]
Gardevior(F) [Angel]
Glaceon(F) [Amy]
Milotic(F) [Jewel]

Photo of self (Or physical description, if you'd rather): about 6' tall and average build. He has black combed back hair and a clean shaven face. He has blue eyes which he hides behind black shades. He wears a standard black buisness suit with a white undershirt and a black tie. He has black slacks and black penny loafers. He wears fingerless gloves to cover burns on his hand due to a house fire that killed his wife and children about a year ago. Though he was able to save on child, Mark, he has been in intensive care. He has a locket under his shirt with a picture of that child in it. He prays to it every night and hopes to one day find and kill the man who killed his family. (If allowed he carries a M1911 inside his suit, but won't use it until desperate times.

Any additional notes: He has a Russian Accent, very heavy. Also has a slight drinking problem, mmmmmm Vodka.

-Sincerely,
Mr. Kazumo

Last edited:
Full Name: Opum Mitchell Miller
Sex: M
Date of Birth: july 13, 1995 (19)

gallade M, Spartacus
probopass M, Mario
gastrodon-east M, Creeper
yanmega M, Megayams
kecleon F, Emerald
tropius F, Tropic

Photo of self (Or physical description, if you'd rather): thin with a blonde fauxhawk. preferred outfit is cargo shorts and a tight blue tee shirt.. has dark brown eyes and a slight tan.shoes are a pair of thin DC's with
Any additional notes: home region is hoenn.

@MewMew:) & Ixnay on the Hombre: Accepted. MewMew, remember, the edit button is your friend. And sorry, but no weapons are allowed on ships.

Code:
Dear Mr Xeno, you have been cordially invited to Mr. 
board:

Full Name: Coro Xeno
Sex:Male
Date of Birth: 14/06/1996 (14th of June, fifteen years old)
[sprite=bw]Cloyster[/sprite] Nicknamed The Fence, Level 30
[sprite=bw]Absol[/sprite] Nicknamed Lucky, Level 35
[sprite=bw]Yanmega[/sprite] Nicknamed Mesolithic, Level 33
[sprite=bw]Rapidash[/sprite] Nicknamed War, Level 32

Tall-ish, with Black/Navy hair that juts out over the face. 
Tanned skin, blue eyes.

Any additional notes: A self-made man, Coro is a world-famous detective. 
He is the world's most acclaimed detective, having foiled over a dozen 
terrorist organizations, over thirty gangs and almost one hundred and 
fifty murders. He is a master of observation, and considers every fact.
 He has a manner of social quirks which make him quite odd; he sits on 
the back of chairs, rather than the seats, frequently writes on walls to 
prove his points, holds thinks very delicately, as if afraid he'll break them, 
and frequently humming in the middle of someone's sentence, to heightin his
concentration.

-Sincerely,
            Mr. Kazumo

Last edited:
Hmm, why not.

Code:
Dear Mr. Spauling, you have
been cordially invited to
Mr. Kazumo's End of the
World party, being held 
on the newly built S.S. 
Restart. Please fill out the 
form and return to sender to 
receive the ticket to get on board:

Full Name:[size=3] [FONT=Arial Narrow]Samuel [/FONT][FONT=Arial Narrow]Alexander Spaulding[/FONT] [/size]
Sex: [FONT=Arial Narrow]♂[/FONT]
Date of Birth:[size=3] [FONT=Arial Narrow]March 21, 1987[/FONT] [/size]
[size=3]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][Freckle] Venusaur [♀]
[Dustin] Butterfree [♂]
[Mower] Sandslash [♂]
[Peep] Psyduck [♂]
[Egg] Caterpie Egg [♫][/FONT]
[/size]
Photo of self: [x]
(Sam is a tall, moderate-looking fellow
with an open face and hazel eyes. His 
hair is straight and thick, not really 
styled at all. He doesn't look like the 
type for a cruise; he's got callused but 
clean hands and a sort of constant tan
going on. His clothes are simple, dark 
shirts and jeans and often thick gloves. 
He's also pretty hairy for such a young 
man, although he's often cleanshaven.)

Any additional notes: [I][FONT=Arial Narrow]Weird way to give
a man a free vacation, but I won't refuse...[/FONT]
[/I]
Samuel (or Sam, as he prefers to be called) is a simple although not unintelligent fellow. He's very blunt in his speech; he doesn't lie unless he has to, and doesn't do sarcasm. He's not unfriendly, but he likes to keep to himself and his pokémon, mostly. His passion in life is planting and growing things; he owns a small berry and fruit farm near Viridian City, using his pokémon to help him. He tried that whole training thing back when he was younger, but he wasn't great at it. He retired at around fifteen, keeping the ivysaur and butterfree he had gained in the process. His mother, his only family for most of his life, died recently. He didn't think it would be sane to pass up a cruise (how often does one get to go on a free cruise, anyhow?), although he doubts the truth in the 'end of the world' thing.

Back
Top Bottom