• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Vinyl Scratch's eyes are red. /canon

Also there's apparently Rainbow Dash kissing Fluttershy in Part 2 at 12:03? Dunno, can't really confirm/deny because I only saw that part in 480p.

VILLAIN SONG!
PARTY CANNON!
DJ-PON3!
EVIL CREATURES!
FLUTTERDASH!
WOODEN TOASTER!
SONIC RAINBOOM!

What a great way to end a season.

Last edited:
Hi I haven't seen it yet and I keep absentmindedly clicking this thread and getting snippets of spoilers! Can you all please remember your spoiler tags? :( Well those of you who aren't already anyway.

You forgot one thing:

VILLAIN SONG!
PARTY CANNON!
DJ-PON3!
EVIL CREATURES!
FLUTTERDASH!
WOODEN TOASTER!
SONIC RAINBOOM!
LYRA SPEAKING!

What a great way to end a season.

GREATEST. EPISODE(S). EVER.

Nothing has even come CLOSE to how good this is.

The changelings were awesome, Vinyl is back, amazing villain song, Flutterdash is canon, Lyra spoke, just...

OH MY GOD, GREATEST GODDAMN EPISODE OF MLP, NO, OF ANY CARTOON I'VE EVER SEEN

I couldn't care less which tired mane six pairing is now canon, but the fact that two female characters kissed on a children's show makes me so happy oh my gosh

Also now we can tease those awful Fluttermac shippers :D

Lyra spoke!
Colgate spoke!
Rainbow's third Sonic Rainboom!
Luna being in the episode!
Love prevailing all!
Rainbow x Tree shipping is canon!
Pinkie sneezes confetti!
New villian (Which is also the first Queen in the show)!
New princess!
Wild Fire!
DJ-PON3!
New songs (Love is in Bloom is my favorite)!

Everything before or after the two parter season finale is rubbish compared to this! :D

Vinyl Scratch's eyes are Magenta it is now cannon.
Luna spoke normally.
Colgate speaks.
Lyra speaks.
Saw derpy in background.
Party Cannon is now a valid form of combat.
etc.
etc.

Re: the alleged kiss: It looks like... [minor spoilers] a peck on the nose to me? (Or maybe Fluttershy kissed Dash's teeth by accident?) Hell, I missed it the first time, and if it wasn't accompanied by a noise like squeaky velcro I'd disregard it entirely. I'm not sure how this says they're in love or that they can't love anyone else.

Anyway it was okay except the writing was pretty shoddy again. The Changeling Queen was badass but had no personality beyond "evil", Cadence was cute but had no personality beyond "nice", Shining Armor was... he was, uh, there. The pacing of the whole thing was lurchy—it wasn't consistently hurried, but way too fast where it mattered. They could've cut out a loooot of the part with faux-Cadence glaring every time nobody but Twilight could see her, for example. Like, yes: this pony is evil, and Twi's friends have totally forgotten what they learned in Lesson Zero; we get it already. And the fight scene, too, they could've done something way more interesting and plotty than that.

And, again, a toooon of the dialogue felt unnatural like in Hurricane Fluttershy. Like, pony friend forever? Is that a... joke? She's calling herself a pony and, surprise, she's a pony? And the fight scene again, with Twilight saying WE HAVE TO GET TO THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY like five times. (Come to think of it did they even do that, or fail to do that, or was that whole thing just silently dropped in favour of letting Shining Armor save the day?) And then, there, when Shining Armor tries to save the day, and his spell totally fails... and then, just in case we didn't quite get what it was supposed to convey when his horn fizzled out and he slumped forward panting and sweating, he explains that his power is gone and also that he's out of power. And then there was that conversation that was saturated with the word "love" ten times a sentence. It could have been cute if it were written better, even if they just shuffled it around to have less of the same damn word, but it totally flopped. And... well basically pretty much the entire episode; those are just the examples I remember off the top of my head.

Just... holy crap, this episode was a good idea but the whole thing seems like they churned it out as fast as they could. Which is a shame because it could have been awesome I mean holy crap Changelings.

EDIT: Also, whoops, I forgot it was technically two episodes. But you get the point.

Last edited:
The Changeling Queen was badass but had no personality beyond "evil", Cadence was cute but had no personality beyond "nice",

Usually when I watch a new episode with a song, I think to myself how the new song is nowhere near as good as any of the previous ones, then a week later once it's not stuck in my head any more, I accept that they're pretty good.

But I don't see myself warming to the song the changeling queen sang just because of those reasons. I mean did she really need to sing about how little she cares for Shining Armor or her dress and all that? It just screamed "I'm the villain in case that wasn't obvious enough!"

I write too many negative things about the show and not enough good things :(

Back
Top Bottom