• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Not nearly as excited for anything else as I am riding the motherfucking latiplanes. I'm not sure what that will look like on screen, but I can imagine it's going to be the most amazing thing known to mankind and I can't wait.

I'm probably going to spend an ungodly amount of time just swooshing around on a Mega Latias because ughhh yes

Also, I noticed a thing: Mega Beedrill's butt shape suspiciously resembles Vespiquen's dress/butt shape :O
Mega Vespiquen confirmed (at least in my heart)

Oh baby yes. Also, it looks like the Mega Lati@s might look different after all. Also new islands found by riding them? Yes please.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. Their in-game models are the same, their art just has different poses.

Judging by the picture of the inside of a Pokémon Center, the shop isn't in there so the blue roofed buildings probably will be shops and not boutiques like people said they might be. (They could be both though!)

The picture of them riding on Latioses had another picture of May that makes me dislike her new design, but there's a Murkrow in it so it's okay. The >.<ing Torchic is cute, too.

Some people are talking about Mega Bird Jesus, and while I don't want to be one of the "stop talking about TPP" people, since they're no fun, No Guard would have been an awful ability for Bird Jesus to have! The final battle depended on sand attack so much.

I am posting about this everywhere, but in the corner of the art that shows all the legendaries, you can see a certain unreleased Pokémon that's the source of all these mad space distortions.

hooproof_by_latiaslord-d82arf8.png

I am posting about this everywhere, but in the corner of the art that shows all the legendaries, you can see a certain unreleased Pokémon that's the source of all these mad space distortions.

I don't see anything, it looks like rocks to me.

...What? That looks like another cloud to me, I don't see how that could be interpreted as anything else. I don't think they're releasing any new Pokémon for ORAS, anyway.

Dream_Strange_Souvenir_Sprite.png

The strange souvenir. Maybe? From the first picture it looks possible to me. Gen VII foreshadowing? Or is there maybe a secret legendary of gen 6 that not even the hackers found -- #722? It also looks like a rock.

...I just want the thing to have a meaning, really, so I'm latching on to the possibility that this might be it. Either way, one wonders if this actually means anything anyway. Once the magazine comes out proper, maybe we can get really really hq scans?

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that the thing in picture #2 is a shadow coming from the Distortion World out of which Giratina is exiting. I wonder if THAT means anything.

EDIT2: Actual comment not suspicion or prediction: Well, at least that explains the extra islands I noticed on the new Hoenn map.

Last edited:
I ought to visit other Pokémon sites more. This is the first I've heard of the Strange Souvenir.

I ought to visit other Pokémon sites more. This is the first I've heard of the Strange Souvenir.

There's a backpacker in Kalos who randomly appears in a different Inn each day. If you talk to him five days in a row, he gives you that and tells you that it's a figure of a (presumably legendary) pokémon venerated as a protector in his region -- which he then states is neither Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or even Unova.

Yeah, I just got it. I don't think the "five days in a row" thing is true since I got it immediately and I haven't played X for a couple of weeks.

Keep in mind that we don't know what Pokémon are "from" what region. Is Zubat from Kanto, or all of the regions it appears? Celebi is a protector of a forest in Orre as well as Johto so it could be something like that!

Murkrow said:
Yeah, I just got it. I don't think the "five days in a row" thing is true since I got it immediately and I haven't played X for a couple of weeks.
nah, you just have to talk to the guy five times.
I actually really think it'll be for a new region, because i don't see why they'd bother to specify that it wasn't from anywhere else unless it was a new region.

And as is usual for upcoming pokemon games, there's been another 'insider' leak (warning for potential spoilers about upcoming megas, obviously no way to be sure whether it's fake yet).
It has some stuff about 'confirmed' and possible megas and the ORAS demo. I guess we'll see later this week whether this leaker is as legit as they say they are.

I'm not gonna lie, Mega Solrock and Lunatone would be so great since they're yet another pair of pokemon I've always liked design-wise but who've been cursed with mediocre stats and limited usability.

Mega Flygon has already been speculated before and I would rejoice so hard if it becomes an actual thing (especially since I have a shiny one trained already *u* )

I don't really have much to say about Mega Jirachi, other than that if it turns out to be real and has a cool design, my sister is going to flip her shit (in a positive way). :D

also please please let Water/Fairy Mega Milotic be a thing ;_;

and they say customization is back? ahhhhhhhh if this turns out to be real, I'm gonna be so happy but if not... please don't play with my fragile heart and give me false hope ;n;
Regardless of my opinions on the supposed megas, I'm still trying to be fairly skeptical about this whole ordeal because semi-legit-sounding "leaks" always pop up when new games are coming, and a lot of them have turned out to be complete bull (because let's face it, pretty much anyone can come up with this stuff). It's still nice to think about the possibilities!

I'm looking forward to getting to play the demo and seeing whether this one happens to be legit or just the usual garbage.

Regardless of truth or not ORAS are still going to be the most amazing games ever
No I'm not setting myself up for disappointment watchu talkin bout

Mega Beedrill is awesome. Mega Pidgeot is also awesome, I was wondering when they'd have Megas for more mundane Pokemon (i.e. the generational cliches, Raticate/Swellow/Kricketune etc.) and now two at once?? I just have to wonder if it's actually going to redeem Beedrill competitively, because I would love to see that happen.

I really need to get myself a 2DS, pronto. Stupid broke college

The picture of them riding on Latioses had another picture of May that makes me dislike her new design, but there's a Murkrow in it so it's okay. The >.<ing Torchic is cute, too.

This picture actually makes me like May's new design more. Wynaut is bae though. Also I now really want to catch a Taillow, they look awesome in that picture.

Aanddd, unsuprisingly, the 'leak' was fake! Who would've thought.

The new megas in the demos are Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie (!!!!!), here's a link to the Pokebeach news post because I'm lazy and there are like a billion screenshots and pictures there.

ahhhhhh Steelix is pretty radical too but MEGA GLALIE let me just smile forever and ever I love the angry faceball and I'd never have thought it could get a mega??? yoooooo now I need to breed a shiny one just so I can have a red-eyed super pissed mega floating face ball *u*

EDIT: I watched some Korean dude's video with Glalie's stats before and after megaevolution, and it gets a boost in both attacks and speed. Dunno about Steelix though. M-Glalie apparently has Refrigerate and M-Steelix has Sand Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom