• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Monotype Doubles Tournament

I checked my Magical Sparkle Boxes and found these fellas I'm willing to throw into the prize pool:
5IV Mareep (SpAtk IV is 1 but who cares, it's shiny & in a Love Ball)
5IV Tyrunt (with its hidden ability)
5IV Magby

They're all nicknameable and I'm pretty sure they have some neat egg moves. :P

Aaaand I'll be transferring my team to OR as soon as I get off my lazy ass and train everyone. :D

I feel like now we have enough people to potentially consider doing a 'knock-out' battle format, though I'd want losers from each match to then face other losers so that everyone gets a chance to have several battles with one another. However, I wouldn't object if people felt like they wanted to do a round robin tournament, so that they can battle everyone's teams. In a way, I'd almost prefer it, though it'd be harder to ensure people were completing all of their battles. :p

Whoops! I don't think I have time for this after all, unfortunately. I still haven't even though about my team. Have fun beating each other up, everyone else!

Whoops! I don't think I have time for this after all, unfortunately. I still haven't even though about my team. Have fun beating each other up, everyone else!

Boo! Sad times. Let me know if you're still up for the next thing the WiFi League does, though!

Anyway, for the rest of us, it was brought to my attention recently that I've actually posted the OU rules for Smogon Singles, which is fairly different to the OU Doubles rulings. Luckily, due to the type restriction, this doesn't make a massive difference however, I would like to point out that the move Swagger will be banned for use in the tournament. If you've used this move then, please could it be changed to something else?

Thank you!

Due to the fact that we now have an odd number of participants in the tournament, I feel that it would be best to carry out the tournament in a Round Robin style (everyone vs. everyone). I will give people four weeks (last day of battles: 18th September) to have completed their battles. Please try to be as prompt as possible with your battles!

I look forwards to starting. :-)

Please see the opening post for information on how the battles will work in more detail!

Double post #awkward.

Anyway, the tournament is now open for people to commence battle with one another and now closed to further sign-ups!

The battle format will be 6 vs 6 doubles at a fixed level of 50!

Good luck, everybody.

Very excited!

My schedule is probably one of the more unusual ones here, so forgive me. I'm in the Central US timezone. I'm off work Tuesday/Wednesday most weeks (sometimes Weds/Thurs, and I don't get my schedule until the end of the week prior, sorry). On those days I should be available pretty much all day, with exceptions for errands and family dinners and stuff. The rest of the week, I'm available roughly 10/11am to 2pm before work and then 11pm to 1/2 am after work.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and I was successfully able to transfer my team into OR, so no worries for those of you using Mega Sceptile!

Last edited:
I'm actually on vacation right now and will be until Wednesday; then I'll be gone again the 31st through the 7th. Other than that I'm quite flexible though; I can battle pretty much any time any day, with a few exceptions (Friday mornings are usually bad). I'll probably start trying to set stuff up with people once I get back Thursday.

Stryke vs. Equinoxe:
Winner: Equinoxe

Confirming that I battled Stryke and won. Thanks for a good fight! C:

EDIT: also, here's my availability for everyone else to see as well. My timezone is GMT+3 and I'm available pretty much all day most days (starting from maybe 12.00 in the morning and ending somewhere around midnight, may stay up later on weekends). Obviously I have to eat and take the dog out to poop but if we've scheduled a battle, I'll be there!
I'll start pestering others for a fight tomorrow :P

EDIT#2: Oh yeah and I'm using Omega Ruby, so m-Sceptile is a-okay!

Last edited:
I'm currently GMT+1, I'm usually free between 8pm and midnight.
I'm free all weekend though so hit me up then if you can!

Speaking of schedules, my time zone is US Eastern Time (aka GMT-4), and I'm available pretty much all day every day up until the 27th. Then I leave for vacation until the 3rd, so it'll probably be harder for me to do battles, but not impossible. Then finally on the 6th, school starts up again, so I'll be unavailable every weekday starting on the 6th until 3-330.

Shamefully lost my first battle against Murkrow. :'D (I still blame it on my item going missing in transit...)

Well, Murkrow just handed my ass to me. And here I thought I was prepared...

Good game, Murkrow!

Well, Murkrow just handed my ass to me. And here I thought I was prepared...

Good game, Murkrow!

I was pretty lucky with stat conditions tbh. I liked that you nicknamed all of your Pokémon after the professors!

Aaaaand I just narrowly lost to Espeon as well. Good game!

If anyone else wants to beat me up, I'll be available for the rest of the evening, CST. Shoot me a PM. :)

Pulled off a narrow, narrow win against Stryke. I literally had 3 HP left. Good game, and good grief!

Back
Top Bottom