• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[CLOSED FOR JUDGING] Halloween Spriting Contest

Re: [OPEN] Halloween Spriting Contest

I'm wondering what you take me for. You are still completely missing the point.

How could you tell that I was missing the point? I never hinted to anything about the point. I still don't think it's funny, even though I hear a retarted voice in my head from chatspeak.

I think you're trying to say that a bad scratch is still a bad sprite, and pumpkins are overrated. I'm not sure where you got the idea for a red background, because things like that wasn't entered in this contest. I reccomend blue antialias so it also comments on the glowy sprites.

Last edited:

How could you tell that I was missing the point? I never hinted to anything about the point. I still don't think it's funny, even though I hear a retarted voice in my head from chatspeak.

PichuK can tell you've missed the point because the point of it was that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. You are taking it seriously. Therefore, you missed the point.

She isn't trying to say anything. She was just joking around a bit; chill. I mean fair enough if you don't think it's funny but geez... calm down.

That being said, I thought it was hilarious. xD

Eh, is it possible to change my entry in the last minute? I'm almost finished with the sprite now, if you can wait just a little more...

EDIT:
687rwg.jpg

There, Ghoskull, alternate evolution of Duskull.

Ghoskull (Ghost+Skull)
Sceptre Ghost Pokémon
Ghost/Psychic
The sceptre it holds enables Ghoskull to use both Ghost and Psychic attacks. It looses its powers temporarly if the sceptre is taken away from it./Ghoskull only appears at Halloween. It enjoys scaring small children and are often found in company with Haunters because of their similar personalities.

EDIT: Wait, the sprite isn't working. My internet is too slow, I'll fix it when it's quicker.

EDIT: Now then. Though, the internet isn't any wuicker :/

Last edited:

PichuK can tell you've missed the point because the point of it was that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. You are taking it seriously. Therefore, you missed the point.

Spriting is serious business. Humor moreso, because it is a wider topic.

if PichuK doesn't win i will cry tears of blood. TEARS OF BLOOD.

I also think the number of available entries should perhaps be increased, even if it's just five more? It isn't really anywhere near the 31st yet, so an extra week of open-ness wouldn't hurt anybody~

XD I completely agree with Bluwiikoon[/sarcasmincaseyoucouldnttell]
And OrangeAipom, I'm sorry but your sense of humor=fail...
Anyways, can we edit our sprites? Because I want to add a stem on my Pumpkin Voltorb...

You really think so? Thank you :3 Your's is good too!

Yes, I bet we can edit our entried, after all, it's still a lot of time till it's judged!

Yes, I bet we can edit our entried, after all, it's still a lot of time till it's judged!

Maybe we should wait until Kai replies, since he's running this contest? :/

I haven't entered it yet, I'm almost done with my entry and want to know if translucency is allowed.

Oh. Just checking, because translucenies aren't on real Pokemon sprites, and some people are really strict. I didn't want to risk disqualification. Not that I'm going to win! :sweatdrop:
picture.php

It's some kind of scythe monster thing. I'm not completely pleased with it, but since I'm new to scratching, I'll have to be satisfied.

OK, never mind. I'm not going to edit mine in case you were waiting. Can't make a decent pumpkin stem D:

Can I enter?

HowlingMightyena80524.bmp

The moon I scratched, but I just recolored an emerald mightyena black.

I wouldn't mind judging a couple more entries if you raised the limit, Kai. =P People obviously want to enter, and as long as people are trying to scratch, that's cool. But then again, it's all up to you.

Back
Top Bottom