• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Oddball GTS nicknames

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
Anyone gotten any Pokémon with strange or funny nicknames from the GTS? Or any nicknames at all for that matter... so many boring old "[SPECIES NAME IN ALL CAPS]" floating around. How about Pokémon from countries you've never heard of? Or funny trainer names?

A few I've gotten recently...

• A Torterra named "T.W."... from Cameroon.
  • A Bastiodon whose original trainer was named "Christ"
  • A Japanese Grumpig named "マツコDX"
  • A Japanese Spiritomb named "9"
  • A French(?) Miltank named "ECREMEUH"... though that may just be Miltank's French name; still the only European Pokémon I've gotten with a non-English name
  • A Japanese Glameow named "ミャルマー"... they only changed the first letter: Glameow's Japanese name is "ニャルマー".

Anyone else have any? Maybe I'll spot a few of mine on here--I nickname ALL of my Pokémon weird things, so there's bound to be a few of them in circulation by now.

I found a Mewtwo named Shithead before on my last visit to the GTS. Also, I have a Larvitar whose trainer is somebody named O-Shizz.

Last edited:
This isn't completely odd, but I found/have a female Abomasnow named Blizzaroi.

That's its French name. Or are you pointing out that it's female and yet still has 'roi' (King) in its name?

I once got a Misdreavus named Tanausu (it had some accents, but my keyboard doesn't do accents) from these teensy little islands of the coast of northern Africa owned by France that I've never even heard of o.o I think they were called the Canary Islands or something like that.

I got a Azelf with the trainer named "Killer". On Wi-fi battle, I once saw this guy who named his entire team "THOMAS". Also, another guy had a Breloom called "Kickgrass", I think it was. Battled him a while ago, so...

That's about it.

A few more recent ones...

• An Ursaring named "Pooh bear" (saw on the GTS, but wasn't able to get.)
  • A Heatran in the WiFi Battle Tower that was named... four smiley-faces and a down arrow.
  • A shiny Charizard in the WiFi Battle Tower named "Killer."
  • Not exactly nickname related, but... a Battle Tower trainer I fought had a Magikarp as the third member of their team. They were the 5th one in the room, too... which means they actually had won some battles with a Magikarp on their team.

EDIT:
UVWXYZ!!?? the Zigzagoon

That reminds me... I have an Umbreon named "Qwertyuiop".

A few more!

• A Blastoise whose original trainer was named "ASSSSSS"
  • A trainer on the WiFi Battle Tower leaders board named... two smiley faces and a triangle, inside of parenthesis.
  • Another WiFi Battle Tower leader-board trainer named "Great"

Back
Top Bottom