• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hello

Esque

has gone on an epic journey to find herself.
Hello. I am Esque. There is a backstory to this name which I may wish to share later, but in short, Esque is what I call my creative spirit. I love to write, although I fail to bear the consistency of those who can withhold the practice of keeping a diary. I frequently attempt to convince myself that I have a wide range of vocabulary for manipulation, but I cannot claim to be fluent because I know what fluent means. I suppose this is all in the figuring out of things.

In any case, I'm a girl of less than a hundred years. I speak English, Latin, and a minimalistic quantity of Spanish. I may at volatile instances insert 'quod' for 'because' or 'et' for 'and', but if you ask me what something means I shall attempt to portray its meaning.

Pokemon? I'm currently playing Crystal because I have yet to acquire the funding to purchase my copy of SoulSilver. I have Crystal, Silver, Red, FireRed, Emerald, and Diamond. I also have both Poke'mon ranger games and Red Rescue Team (which I may have sold if not for the quiz at the beginning).

I believe that concludes my rather elongated introduction. It's great to meet all of you. .///.

Why do you talk like a thesaurus?

Anyway, welcome and stuff.~ I'm Blastoise, local giddy schoolboy and fishmongerer. Hope you enjoy your stay, you'll find a mint on your pillow in the morning.

Also you can make the 'é' in 'Pokémon' by pressing ALT+130.

Do I confuse you? I apologize. That is how I talk, every single day. I find it useful to have a variety of words to manipulate to my advantage in speaking. Which I must admit I do far too frequently.

Thank you greatly for the welcome. It's nice to meet you Blastoise. I do appreciate mints, I shall be looking forward to that.

My dear, I am afraid your key combination did not work. However, I shall see if I cannot find a way to make the correct 'e' in Pokemon.

I shall try that, although I don't have a number pad, which may be a bit of a hindrance.

...nothing.

Welcome, you speak in very big words, newcomer. It's confusing, but I like it. I hope you enjoy the place.

My gratitude for the welcome. If you wish me to define something for you, I would be more than happy to oblige. I shall do my best to enjoy this place of yours.

My computer is a laptop. All I have is that row of numbers along the top.

I am not the person to ask about that. I am afraid I only know about computer functions, not models.

WOW you sure are some something. Thankfully tcodf has a history of balancing kids out. Hope you stick around and lose this quirk given time!

Perhaps you may wish to spend more of your time learning how to speak clearly and concisely, rather than use unnecessarily complex vocabulary incorrectly. "Thesaurus" is not a language.

Also, I believe you're misusing 'quod'.

My fellow internet residing vagabonds and ruffians having introduced in me quite the let-down—having simply failed, truthfully—it seems it is up to me to respond to this onus you bestow upon us in a properly sesquipedalian fashion. And it is with an affect of joy that I do so!

I would offer greetings, were it not so vapid; for how can one such as I, indeed, or you, converse—understand! establish rapport!—but through words? It is only in our floccinaucinihilipilification of the base interactions that we can truly express ourselves.

But, I regret to say; the overwhelming attitude today is as far removed from bohemian as we are likely to find; the people are obdurate and pernicious, a combination that can lead to nothing but sorrow. Where are those nudiustertian days, that the song of language was valued! Let us effect a coup d'état!

But I must say, I am something of an acephalist in this venture. I would not see the less of you were you to latibulate before me. Yet still: I hope you will forgive this mordant post, and agree to the great task clearly set before us: to bepurple the prose and the ignorance of our fellow forumgoers! An aurulent dawn awaits!

I hope you are not recalcitrant, nor antithalian—and that you can, perhaps, see fit to adopt a slightly more pauciloquent stance to the issue that stands before us, because holy fuck it is really annoying to read posts like that.

Oh, and hi! :D I would quite honestly be interested in reading your work.

opal, I love you for that post... even though you beat me to the use of grandiloquent language for something so simple as a post introductory. But alas, such guises are diaphonous and I shan't bear to keep them up.

Oh, and @Esque, you seem like a cool person... I read in another thread that you play harp, so I reckon you are a fan of the arts?

Jessie - Thank you for the welcome.

Midnight - This forum has a history? Oooooooh...

James - I know Thesaurus is not effectively a language, but unfortunately as I am for the most part self-taught to the extent of the range of my vocabulary, I have difficulty acquiring an understanding of the connotation of words, although I still like to use them in conversation. Also, if 'quod' does not mean 'because', what does it mean?

opaltiger - I did have to look several of those words up if it's of any comfort to you, and I very much enjoyed reading your grandiose post. My intent was not to irritate you, I hope you understand. But I shall see what I can do to improve on this. Also, thank you for the welcome and I shall see what of my work I actually have typed on a computer.

... - I am astounded and impressed by your username. That's amazing. It really is. I am indeed a fan of the arts, play the harp, and cannot draw to save my life. I do fence, though.

Hey there, Esquite. Welcome to the land of plant beverage and poisoned fish. Hmm, yes, you really, really remind me of my younger self. I am the guy who insertar al azar español en temas de la recepción. Jajaja.

Hello. I must admit I am an avid believer in plant beverage, and appreciate herbs. Like chamomile, and echanacia (I just KNOW I spelled that wrong...), and mint is just fantastic. Herbal remedies are my favorite. ...I understand there was something important in that last sentence? If you wouldn't mind translating, I should be appreciative.

Dr Frank said:
I am the guy who inserts random Spanish in welcome threads. LoL

That's important depending on your definition on "important" and your stance towards randomness. Welcome to TCoD, make yourself at home.
!* :D *!

Back
Top Bottom