• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

what was your initial opinion on first finding out gen 5's pokemon?

I loved them.

I'm not really a complainer. Unless it's a move that's incredibly infuriating I don't really get worked up over video games.

In other news, hope buys anything she thinks sound good, even if it's shit. News at 11.

/Off Topic, but: Infractions for all. Off Topic/

But yeah they've grown on me, and now I probably can't imagine the pokemon world without them. And here I am playing Leaf Green...

I actually really enjoyed most of the designs, except for scraggy, whose design just hasn't ever really appealed to me, and the tepig line. so many of them are pretty, like lilligant and blitzle and sawsbuck and jellicent and maractus! <3

Garbodor and Vanilluxe were the most unoriginal Pokemon in every generation. But most of them were quite good.
ESPECIALLY REUNICLUS.

Initially, I didn't like a lot of them, but my favorite was Purrloin (apparently, a lot of people disliked it because it looked a lot like Glameow; that was exactly why I liked it). I hated its English name at first but it's okay with me now. But I still don't like "Liepard" that much.
I still dislike Garbodor, but I like most of the Gen V Pokémon. There aren't very many that I dislike.

It was a mixed bag for me. There were a few I was really off-put by, and just a couple I really was quite fond of, especially Whismicott and Galvantula. The Sugimori art and certain fanart made the biggest difference in how I liked the Unova Pokemon, though.

I thought they had basically killed my childhood. Then I got it and IT. WAS. BEAST.
Granted, some of the names were...odd. (Roggenrola, really?) But I guess they grew on me. :DD

I liked the ones that were first revealed, you know, the starters and Haxorus and friends... When I saw the whole lot of them, my reaction was "FAKE!!" ... They're okay now, I guess, since there's a big bunch I like. Still, it isn't my favorite gen as far as designs, but it's not like I hate any of them.

I like oshawott's design. Nice and simple. I wish we could get back to the basics with pokemon designs again, you know?

I like oshawott's design. Nice and simple. I wish we could get back to the basics with pokemon designs again, you know?

*coughing fit*

I'm sorry but the main criticism for people who hate Oshawott was that it was overdesigned. And your saying it's simple? Wow, now things seem backwards.

Not that I'm hatin' on the Otta myself...

I thought Gen V was a great Gen. My only issue with some of the pokemon is some are overpowered as hell (Excadrill, anyone?). But i love most of them. And for all those people hating on Vanilluxe, I find it to be one of the more creative pokemon, mainly because I want to feel like a kid when i play pokemon, and what is the ultimate treat for a kid?

I'm sorry but the main criticism for people who hate Oshawott was that it was overdesigned. And your saying it's simple? Wow, now things seem backwards.

Actually, in just a few hours my opion has changed (surprise, surprise)
and i agree.

I use Pokémon based on looks. I admit it. This is why, in all those years, I have utterly refused to use a Blissey in all of my teams, competitive or not. I'd much rather have Umbreon, which, although generally worse as a special wall, looks much cooler.

I haven't had much contact with Gen V yet despite the games having been out for a while now, but from what I've seen there are a few cool ones like the dragons, Braviary and Zoroark, but a lot of stupid ones, namely the ice creams and the trash can. Now that lot of cool Pokémon exist, people criticise Gen I's designs for being uninspired, but Gen I's Grimer and Muk are more feasible than a freaking trash can which has a body only its Garbodor mother could love. An exploding Pokéball (Voltorb) fits in with the game much more than a damn ice cream.

Also, legendary excess. Legendary Pokémon are supposed to be rare and few, and extremely difficult to obtain and even see, but Gen V has done nothing to tone down the overabundance of legendaries which started with Gen IV.

I haven't had much contact with Gen V yet despite the games having been out for a while now, but from what I've seen there are a few cool ones like the dragons, Braviary and Zoroark, but a lot of stupid ones, namely the ice creams and the trash can. Now that lot of cool Pokémon exist, people criticise Gen I's designs for being uninspired, but Gen I's Grimer and Muk are more feasible than a freaking trash can which has a body only its Garbodor mother could love. An exploding Pokéball (Voltorb) fits in with the game much more than a damn ice cream.

Also, legendary excess. Legendary Pokémon are supposed to be rare and few, and extremely difficult to obtain and even see, but Gen V has done nothing to tone down the overabundance of legendaries which started with Gen IV.

Respectable opinions, but I must point out:

A) Trubbish is a trash bag.
B) Unova and Sinnoh only have three more legendaries than Hoenn did. Also, Unova has to make up for the lack of previous legendaries, and it has three different story-related trios filling up that number.
C) Vanillish, Vanillite, and Vanilluxe aren't actually made of ice cream, if you didn't already know.

I disliked a few of them at first (I remember looking at Ferroseed and Ferrothorn and thinking 'Urgh!') but I have some sort of mystical ability to find something positive in every Pokémon, so now I even tolerate Pignite and Emboar.
Also, I recently decided that Oshawott's evolutions are pretty cool.

I liked them initially except the Tepig line and the Trubbish line. I immediately loved Braviary, Hydreigon, Haxorus, and Snivy.

I actually liked all of them. I thought that Vanilluxe and Garbodor were cool additions to Pokemon! In game I tried really hard to get a Garbodor, Overall it was a little useless battle wise, But I still liked it...

Back
Top Bottom