• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Aethelstan Does Art

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
Just a mish-mash of all the art things I've either done digitally or actually bothered to scan. Some might be a little old, but feel free to critique stuff as you see fit.

Firstly, so I don't have to re-upload all this stuff, check out my deviantart page. This is where most of my good stuff is anyway.

These are the Sugimori drawings, with an interesting color effect.At the time I thought it was kind of cool, but now that I look at it, it's a little boring.
10wl6s3.png
242bia8.png
nx52dz.png
28w1iix.png
dzc7c.png
demko1.png

These are miscellaneous avatars I've made.
3539nc1.png
sq5m3p.png

This is the design for a Fakemon that I came up with. No name to speak of.
35n6gee.png

Here are some desktop backgrounds I made for my especially humble self.
Desktop Background 1
Desktop Background 2
Desktop Background 3

Boring Man
Collection of Hands
Vegita!!!
Me Being Eaten by a Zombie
Team Fortress 2 Poster

Different Styled Guy Heads
23t2jq8.png
j6mrcx.png
23h223t.png
2637ixe.png

A Speaker

Last edited:
Hmm...

The Bannette looks really neat, like it's made out of stone.
And the Manetric looks like it's made of crystal, such a neat effect.

Very interesting.

And sketch of Vegeta in the deviantart, heck yes.

Yeah, a lot of people like the Vegita one. Also, glad you like the colored ones. The effects you described were unintentional, but I can see what you mean.

And the sad bunny is cute.

However, just this week, I've seen like six of the same thing on pokemon oekaki boards.

Seems the idea's popular.

I saw an actual sprite of the rabbit, and I do mean sprite, on the spriters showcase or something like that.

That was mine. I did actually make the sprite of it, I just didn't post it in this thread because that belongs more int the spriting sub-forum.

cool. Hey, how about you name the rabbit "Sorrabbit", from 'Sorrow' and 'Rabbit'?

Heh, everybody who sees that rabbit always seems to go back to the fact that it's depressed looking. And the more I look at it, and the more people point it out, it starts looking sadder and sadder every time. :P I hadn't realized what a tormented being I was drawing.

So yeah, that would be an appropriate name. I likey.

Either "Sorrabbit" or "Sorrobbit" would work, though Sorrobbit (sounds like sorrow with 'bbit at the end) flows off the tounge quite nicer than the former. Your choice though.

This fakemon looks so official! Yeah, sorrow on a rabbit is unusual, but the facial expression gives it much more personality, like it could be a real Pokemon. This sad rabbit is really awesome. (that sentance makes me sound tormented, XD)

Anyway, the blaziken and gyarados look like ruby and sapphire statues respectfully. The swellow looks like a shadow or it in the darkness. The aggron looks like stone also, which is really cool.

All this artwork is so awesome. I do not see anything wrong with it. Keep up the great art. =D

I lost the website I was using for all the Sugimori art. If someone could find it for me it would be much appreciated. It had all his drawing for every Pokemon, as transparent images, on an otherwise really plain white background.

Until some miracle worker digs that up for me, here's some desktop backgrounds I made. And yes, my real first name is Ben. Just don't call me that, it'd feel kind of weird.

Desktop Background 1
Desktop Background 2
Desktop Background 3

Those backgrounds are neat.

I'll look around for something like that website and let you know what I find.

Have a very boring guy I drew using my drawing tablet. Don't know why I chose to have the graph paper background, I could have turned that off. Ah well.
29ngtaq.jpg

I also realized that it's really easy to directly link the deviantart pictures back over here, so I think I'll do that, just so people don't have to leave the forum or -gasp- open up a new tab. (Though with the linked ones you have to do that anyway... oh well, logic is for people smarter than me.)

I could use some help on this one. Which style of person do you guys like best?

Guy 1:
23t2jq8.png

Guy2:
j6mrcx.png

Guy 3:
23h223t.png

Guy 4:
2637ixe.png

Good variety of eyes, noses, head shapes, etc. Lots of different combinations are possible, just experimenting a bit with everything.

I personally like style 1 best, probably because of the eyes and the simple head shape. The hairstyle fits nicely, too.
I've been looking at this thread for a while; I just haven't said anything until now. XD

I wholeheartedly agree with DarkSong, 1 is the best.

The others (except for the second one,) are great.

Yeah, I think the first one is probably the best proportioned, and I used my favorite style of eyes for him.

What in particular did you dislike about the second one Spunky?

I was afraid you would ask that... Something about the proportions of the face seems off, I'm not sure.

I was afraid you would ask that... Something about the proportions of the face seems off, I'm not sure.

I was pretty sure it would be something like that. Yeah, the facial proportions are a bit off in a way that makes him look kind of awkward. I think the eyes might be too close together, and the mouth is a little too far left. I think I'll edit it a little in Photoshop.

Herpty derp, I drew a speaker. In a link because it's really big, and resizing is for people who aren't lazy.

Also, I was considering making drawing and other tutorials for my style of sketching and stuff? Approval?

Back
Top Bottom