• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Belly Drum + Extremespeed = carnage.

Other than that, I do like its design as it's simple, yet sleek and appealing. It'd be better if it wore a red beret and spaeklerobe though.

So, while the server was absent, I RNG'd up this Pokémon:
106Hitmonlee.png

Yes, it's Hitmonlee.

An ugly brown thing with telescopic legs. His feet look like he should be able to learn Stomp, but he doesn't. And he has high Special Defense, but I still don't like him. And that HP... At least he can't learn Submission! *thinks of Blissey* However, it still has the Jump Kicks (which damage the user if he doesn't hit) and Close Combat (which lowers the user's defensive stats. What's a move with a negative secondary effect doing in the Smart contest cathegory?).

Hitmonlee is definitely unique. Obviously the creators looked at Bruce Lee and said to themselves: "Hey, let's make a Pokemon modeled after an actual person!"

All joking aside, I like the design, the stats, and the movepool. It is definitely a Pokemon worth trying a couple of times.

I prefer hitmontop. Much nicer.
I also chose hitmonchan over lee when I had to choose. The punches were great.

I do like its design. It's pretty unique: a humanoid Pokemon where only the arms and the legs look vaguely human. In some art it looks downright freaky, though. I'm okay with this Pokemon, but I'm kinda biased against fighting-types in general.

Anyway, competitively, it's an interesting option. Unburden Hitmonlee can perform a great late-game sweep, and in 4th gen UU I used a Scarfed Hitmonlee to great success.

One question: Do the legs go in an out like accordions? If so:

This Pokémon is amazing.

I don't like the Hitmons either. Tyrogue is by far the best. I always wished that Tyrogue remained the same way forever.

Monlee is actually my second fav Hitmon. Monchan is my first fav. I like how his legs actually extend so he can kick someone far away.

Staring at it for a while to come up with a comment, I realized Hitmonlee looks sort of like an egg.

Something about its eyes is... not off, but unusual, in a cool sort of way. For some reason this is my favorite of the Hitmons. Probably because it's the simplest design-wise; an egg with arms and legs...

Today's Pokemon shall be

Eevee

Eevee

I love Eevee, especially with its famous evolutions. It is also quite cool looking. Its a small fox with a fluffy tail. How cool is that?

Eevee! Eevee! Eevee, Eevee, Eevee! One of my favorite Pokemans ever! And I'm saying that because it's popular I always thought that if the Pikachu line ever vanished, then Eevee would be a good mascot.

Eevee... Brown fox... rabbit... kitten thing... with a mane... But it actually looks cute.

Also decent Special Defense. And with those seven evolutions, it has less meh on it than most other Normal-types that are brown.

Some people want Eeveelutions to be of all the sixteen remaining types, and sometimes all seventeen. I think this is enough, because it's seven of the eight types that used to be special, and you can't make a fox into a dragon.
However, I thought of third stages once. Each of the Eeveons was supposed to have one Dark (and evil) evolution and one "light" evolution. Except for Espeon and Umbreon, because they have already divided like this. But it didn't correspond with the backstory idea I came up with later. (It involves Darkrai trying to get the first Eevee's loyalty, Giratina preventing him from doing so, and Cresselia saving the main character. And the things that make Umbreon different from the Dark-type stereotype are emphasised.)

I wonder what a Flying-type Eeveelution would look like.

That said, I love Eevee and I love six of its evolutions very much, design-wise. I hate oneof them battle-wise, but!

Also in XD you start out with Eevee that's pretty neat.

Eevee evolves into my favorite Dark-type! It's awesome.

Also, it's based off a VERY FLOOFY Fennec Fox. (correct my naming there if I spelled that wrong.)

Back
Top Bottom