• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Starmie, I love it. It is very enigmatic to look at, as well as its stats being really good. Just look at it, it stares into your soul without having any eyes.

I had no control of it's moveset. I was in the Battle Frontier. I swapped it with a Whiscash hoping I could get something out of it.

Battle Factory, especially Emerald's, is never really a good way to judge an individual Pokémon's potential since they try to do funky balance stuff. Like Adamant Kadabra.

I'm pretty sure it was. =/

Given I've been playing Pokémon as long as you've been alive, I'm pretty sure I know my type chart 8)

Venipede: A bit ugly, but yay cool head. Also they're babies. I used to like the line a lot. Now I prefer the Sewaddle line. But the Venipede line seems more biologically correct.

Starmie: So symmetrical... And apparently receives light/telepathic signals from space. Water and space seem to have a thing going on.

25 hours. =P
199. Ah, the king!

199.png

The Slowpoke line is cool in general. Slowking is probably my least favorite member of it, but I like it nonetheless. It gave us the immortal line, "I could use pants".

Never. ever. not even in gen 1 with its funky typechart.

Given I've been playing Pokémon as long as you've been alive, I'm pretty sure I know my type chart 8)

Let's try this in Emerald now then. So an Ice Ball on a Gulpin isn't super/effective. And on a Cascoon it's still not super effective. I could've sworn I've seen Ice super effective on both before.

Maybe it was in a twisted dream. Poison and Bug have never ever been SE or NVE on Ice, and vice versa. Or maybe you were thinking of a Sewaddle or a Paras, or perhaps a Bulbasaur?

Seems like we got to the Land of Seashells and Wisdom. I don't know much about the royal amphibians.
Slowking makes me think of Yoda for some reason. It just looks like the kind of character that knows a lot, acts mysterious and wants the young ones to have patience.
Also it gives you three Effort Points despite being a second stage. Along with Parasect, Lickilicky, Probopass and Volcarona. I used to think that kind of EV yield was reserved for third stages and legendaries.

Roselia's alright. I actually prefer its pre-evolution and evolution to it, though. If I remember correctly, it's the only Pokémon with a pre-evolution and evolution introduced in the same generation that isn't of its own. The gender difference isn't anything particularly exciting, either.

For some reason I've never warmed to it. :c Which is a shame since it's actually a fun line now and has a cute cry. Maybe it's because roses are boring??

Wow it's head spikey things are so cute.

I've never actually owned any of them, I usually go with the Grass starter Pokemon so I rarely catch any Grass pokemon unless they are rare or whatever. The first time I saw Roserade, it was Gardenia's last Pokemon, I remember finishing it when it had low HP with my last Pokemon, an unused Level 4 Bidoof, I believe I had previously used Sand Attack on it so it kept missing and a good ol' Tackle finished it :o

My Roserades are universal badasses.

Roserade and Liligant are my favorite and the most powerful grass-types.

Roselia's pretty cute! It was kinda useless before Gen IV, though.

Back
Top Bottom