• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia 2: Credit Card Bubble

Phew! Apologies, I've had some unforeseen downtime.

Anyways, let's put forth just $1 on Zero Moment because honestly, if he really actually is alien, the amount of serendiptity involved in getting him activated and sufficiently suspicious at this point (which would include him somehow getting activated while probably jailed) is frankly so absurd that, in the extremely unlikely event that it actually happened, we might as well let him win despite the fact that implying you're alien when you're already on your way to getting lynched would be hilariously poor alien play.

And yes, as much as DarkAura seems sufficiently reliable for now, I think it's plain that those messages would be a little overpowered if they were coming as-is. So far we have three public results in two Days, this would be more informative power than even the most controversial inforoles can usually muster.

One time, a Bird-American stole my lunch money.

Needless to say, birdies gotta pay
Sqwawk! :o

Bird-Americans are a vital part of TCoD's workforce! It's time we are treated like first rate citizens!

re:ZM Self Vote

imo, it's a gambit, hoping to fake us out thinking he's something weird and wil do something on death

Amid a roaring discussion over the rights of birds, an odd piece of information surfaces about Zero Moment's alleged income, and soon even more people are ganging up on him than had been debating the merits of a border ceiling. When the citizens file into the voting booths, the result is no surprise:

$15 — Zero Moment

Glad to finally have something to do, the FBI snipers on the second floor get up from their card game, take a union-mandated coffee break, and five minutes later return and shoot Zero Moment dead.

On his corpse is not a trace of any stolen money, but between the enormous pair of specs swiped from Superbird's home and the nightstick with blood still caked on, the people of Capitalismville feel confident they've nabbed one of the bad guys. Perhaps more alarming, though, is that they also find a business card identifying Zero Moment as an employee of SPEND, the credit card company everyone had joined. Maybe debt wasn't such a good thing after all...?

Zero Moment is dead.
He was scum.

Day 2 is over.
Night 2 has begun.
48 hours for night actions.

(If everyone gets their night actions in within about ~36 hours, that would be preferable, so I can get back on schedule with each phase ending in the late night in my time zone. I got thrown off last night by Game of Thrones — sorry!)

Another morning came, and with it, another dead citizen was discovered. The FBI found the corpse of DarkAura, still in uniform and behind the wheel, her squad car crashed into a concrete pillar. The only signs of foul play were the concrete blocks around her feet, forcing the gas pedal down.

Meanwhile, the townspeople waited for another guiding message on their smartphones, but none came. Eventually, they filed into City Hall, forced to consider whom to kill without any extra help.

Night 2 is over.
DarkAura is dead. She was innocent.

Day 3 has begun.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

My cash's intact. I think you may have been protected by a role that charges for the service, Cynder; that would also explain how DarkAura most likely wasn't protected last night despite being a fairly obvious mafia target as an all but confirmed innocent.

Do you have any new information, Cynder? You're still a likely target for the next mafia kills, so you might as well give us everything you've got while you're still around.

Also, no message today, eh? Sounds like there were limits to the power after all. That, or Zero Moment was doing it. To be frank, I kind of want to see how Music Dragon fits into all of this, as the only player so far who's been featured in the messages and hasn't been confirmed or vouched for. Worst comes to worst, we're ahead enough that we can freely afford a mislynch. I'm sure MD will understand my curiosity here, since he was always so eager to indulge his. Anyways, I'll just keep it to $1 for now; it should be trivial to push more cash on something else if something should come up.

I was going to wait until later, but I might as well give you guys a head start on this.

I just determine my targets randomly when I have no one person I want to target, and for last night the RNG chose Zapi. I assume they are mafia on the same grounds that I assume MF isn't, in other words they don't have a nightly income. They also, for some reason, gained $25 then lost $5.

Also, no message today, eh? Sounds like there were limits to the power after all. That, or Zero Moment was doing it. To be frank, I kind of want to see how Music Dragon fits into all of this, as the only player so far who's been featured in the messages and hasn't been confirmed or vouched for. Worst comes to worst, we're ahead enough that we can freely afford a mislynch. I'm sure MD will understand my curiosity here, since he was always so eager to indulge his. Anyways, I'll just keep it to $1 for now; it should be trivial to push more cash on something else if something should come up.
Maybe it's time for me to claim then! I don't really mind revealing my role because it's not very important anyway, so.

I'm a Sports Announcer: during the day phase, I can force everyone into a game of sportsball or whatever, which means that two selected players can talk but not vote, while everyone else can vote but not talk. It's a one-shot power, and its main usefulness seems to lie in the ability to nullify two votes (stopping discussion seems mostly counter-productive), so it's only going to be situationally useful.

There you go, that's my role. Easy enough to confirm, too: I just need to activate my power! Obviously I'd rather not do that right now, but yeah, I can prove my alignment at the drop of a hat.

Anyway. Honestly, if we're still going to pay attention to the broadcasts, then it makes much more sense to lynch you rather than me! See, the messages claimed that DarkAura was innocent, and we now know that that was true, so we have some reason to believe the messages are reliable. Of course, I also know myself to be innocent, so that's two out of three messages correct! Furthermore, we didn't receive a message today, which suggests they're more powerful than a free once-per-night power (unless the person making the messages is dead, that is).

So there's a fair bit of evidence to suggest that the messages are truthful. That would imply that you're mafia, MF! Hehe!

But on the other hand, Cynder is vouching for you, and I have no reason to distrust him. And besides, it's quite possible that the messages stopped because ZM was the one making them, in which case we should be disregarding them entirely. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

I was going to wait until later, but I might as well give you guys a head start on this.

I just determine my targets randomly when I have no one person I want to target, and for last night the RNG chose Zapi. I assume they are mafia on the same grounds that I assume MF isn't, in other words they don't have a nightly income. They also, for some reason, gained $25 then lost $5.
That's a very nice lead. I'm happy to lynch Zapi and see how that works out, especially since they haven't really contributed much to the discussion anyway. I mean, if Zapi flips innocent, we'll know not to trust you, and that also removes MF's only alibi, so there's a clear course of action regardless of the result. Seems like an optimal move to me! I'll put down $1 to lynch Zapi.

No broadcast last night? Well, we know one thing for sure now, it's that the broadcast from the night before was true, since DarkAura flipped innocent.

If Zero Moment was the one creating the broadcasts, then I can't really see what he would have to gain by announcing DarkAura as innocent. I still think it must have been some kind of limited role. That being said, I'm still suspicious of MF, since yeah, there was the announcement on N0 which I don't think we should disregard entirely, but also because now he is voting to lynch MD, who I am 99% sure is innocent. If MD is mafia and MF is innocent, then that would mean both announcements were false, which is pretty ludicrous. Also MD's role sounds pretty legitimate to me, and it's something that can be easily verified, so I see no benefit to lynching him.

Frankly I think we need to lynch MF ($2) since that will at least put the mystery of the broadcasts to rest. If he is actually innocent, he's playing a very strange game by throwing a vote out for someone who is innocent.

Also, I realize that the only person vouching for MF's innocence is Cynder, so if MF flips mafia, it's almost guaranteed Cynder is also mafia. If anyone else has some evidence to clear MF of suspicion, however, I'll gladly change my vote.

mrrr. So far my night action has been kinda useless, but I have all my cash.

The situation with the broadcasts seems really weird to me? because I see no reason to distrust Cynder yet while I kinda want to take the lead the broadcasts suggested, especially after DarkAura flipped innocent.

I might have mentioned this before but I'm wondering if the messages are true by themselves and false in pairs, too, because Cynder and Stryke seem quite firm in their stances. but that would mean MD is mafia and I am inclined to believe his roleclaim

mrrrrr. As is, I hope we can afford a mislynch, and so. I agree with MD; I think we can hold off on lynching MF in favor of Cynder's lead. If Zapi isn't mafia, that points fingers at Cynder and MF, right?

so tl;dr lynch Zapi, $1

Well I'm late to this discussion. I just want to say I got role blocked and lost money, so I'm a bit upset. I'll post more later; I'm in a hurry right now.

Well, that's definitely more convenient.

$1 on Zapi[/i]. Along with everything else, Cynder's information seems too detailed to be false.

Aaand my preemptive apologies to JackPK if there were only two mafia and we're about to wreck the game early on a crapshot.

Back
Top Bottom