• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (ROUND 3 ENDS AUGUST 20TH)

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Let's make this short, sweet and to the point so that we can get this over with, mkay?

So! This is the part you've all (allegedly) been waiting for--the selection of the new gym leaders. This will be a relatively standard tournament, exact format to be determined when I see how many people sign up. I'm looking for at least eight leaders; I would prefer nine to twelve, but we can get started with just the eight.

Rules:

1. Registration deadline is currently set at midnight (GMT-5) on July 10th. There is no upper limit to the number of registrants, and the actual tournament structure will be ironed out when I see how many people are interested. However, the tournament will not start without at least seven people. If there are fewer than seven by the deadline, I'll extend it.

2. Pokémon are expected to be casually trained. If you intend to play competitively (EV training, etc.), do not enter this tournament and enter the Chrome League equivalent instead. You may enter both as long as you use two different and appropriate teams for each, and understand that priority will be given to people who only entered one tournament if there's a dispute over spots. You must also be willing and able to keep two gyms running at once should you be chosen as a leader in both tournaments.

3. When registering, include your friend code and your timezone (in GMT) in your post; you won't be officially registered until you do so. I will attempt to do my best to make sure that people aren't paired against someone with a drastically different timezone unless there's no way around it.

4. Make sure you're well-acquainted with the league rules as well as the Crystal gym leader rules before you decide to enter.

5. Disconnects that occur ten or more turns into the match when one player is significantly ahead of the other count as deliberate and as a loss for the player who was losing; unless they can make a satisfactory argument, that player will also be disqualified.

6. This tournament is going to finish. I'm not kidding here. Whatever the format is, there will be a deadline for each round and you will finish your battles by that deadline or I'm kicking you out and moving on without you. There will be no second chances, and no, you won't get a gym leader position even if your DQ loss would normally guarantee you a spot. If you can't meet your opponent for battle then you'd better have a damn good excuse and you'd better tell me about it beforehand.

Ideally the league should have twelve leaders, four for each tier, though we may not get enough of a turnout for that to happen right away. Depending on the number of entrants, the top eight to twelve will be given a spot. Your tier will be determined by your position once the tournament ends--the winner and runners up will be tier three, the next best will be tier two, etc.. There may be additional prizes for the winner if I can scrounge something up and get my Wi-Fi to cooperate.

Sign up and ask any questions in this thread. Now get going: remember, you have until the 13th to sign up. Good luck.

Round 3 has started. You have until the end of August 20th to contact your opponent and complete your battle.

Entrants:

1. Zora of Termina (1806-4390-2884, GMT-6)
2. Arylett Dawnsborough (2665 4368 6805, GMT-5)
3. SonicNintendo (0689 1412 5125, GMT-5)
4. Full Metal Cookies (4684-1233-5815, GMT-8)
5. Vixie (5328-3315-0152, GMT-5)
6. Mewtwo (1548 9459 6460, GMT-5)
7. moon-panther (2578-8881-8000, GMT-8)
8. Blackthorne Steele (3953 9369 0522, GMT-8)

Round 1 Pairings:

Arylett Dawnsborough vs Vixie
Zora of Termina vs Blackthorne Steele
Full Metal Cookies vs Mewtwo
moon-panther vs SonicNintendo

Round 2A Pairings:

moon-panther vs Full Metal Cookies
Zora of Termina vs Vixie

Round 2B Pairings:

SonicNintendo vs Mewtwo
Blackthorne Steele vs Arylett Dawnsborough

Round 3A Pairings:

Full Metal Cookies vs Vixie

Round 3B Pairings:
SonicNintendo vs Arylett Dawnsborough

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (DEADLINE JUNE 10TH)

I'm perfectly willing to give the winner a shiny of their choice, if said winner isn't me.

Anyway, signing up for this one.

Friend Code (SoulSilver): 1806-4390-2884
Time Zone: GMT -6 (Central Time)

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (DEADLINE JUNE 10TH)

Aha! I'm game.

Friend Code (HeartGold): 2665 4368 6805
Time Zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Time)

Re: Crystal Gym Leader Tournament (DEADLINE JULY 10TH)

Sure, Zora, if you don't mind. Thanks.

I'm in.
I always use Pearl for battles.

Friend Code (Pearl): 2793 2049 6774
Time Zone: Eastern GMT-5

Count me in.

FC: (SoulSilver) Kay/4684-1233-5815
Timezone: GMT -8

My wireless access may be a teeny bit spotty for a while but I'll fix that soon.

Not sure if Kratos will delete this or not, but it's worth a shot.

COME ON PEOPLE!!! SIGN UP BECAUSE 4 COMPETITORS IS PATHETIC!!! KRATOS SAID AT LEAST 8!!!

ummm...end rant.

I'm alive.

HG: 5328-3315-0152.

I'm in GMT-5 aka eastern.

Hey. Er... hi.

Diamond: 1548 9459 6460

Can you give your timezone, Mewtwo?

Oh, sorry.

EST (I can't remember anything other that it is Eastern Standard)

EDIT: I checked; ist EST -5

EST is actually GMT-5, but whatever. Thank you.

Eh, oh well. Also, is it mono-type, or can it be a variety?

Whatever you like, so long as it falls within league rules. We never saw it as necessary to require sticking to single types or themes, but you're welcome to.

I wish to enter the fray!

FC: (Daimond) Remus/ 2578-8881-8000
Timezone: GMT -8

HEY IT WAS AFTER MIDNIGHT >.>

okay okay i confess i just need more time to train >.> <.<

Since you've only got seven victims people, I guess I'll join. Despite my lateness.

Rawr.
FC: (SoulSilver) 3953 9369 0522

I'm in mah GMT-8 Time Zone, Pacific Time.

I've also got a Deoxys I can give away, if needed.

It's fine, Mewtwo; I was going to extend the deadline anyway as there weren't enough people.

There are enough now, of course, but I'll leave the registration for this open for another three days (until the end of the 13th) just in case anyone else is up for it.

Back
Top Bottom