• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[TOWN WINS] ASB Halloween Mafia

Re: [D2] ASB Halloween Mafia

Just wanna mention that another reason Stryke might've been targeted is because, as a quiet and relatively new person he's less likely to attract a protective role's attention than myself or Butterfree or Metallica Fanboy or someone, and therefore the kill is more likely to go through. So it's honestly not that surprising that someone quiet went down next, especially since it's not like anyone claimed anything yesterday that would've made them a higher-priority protection target than a well-known player. Although I suppose such a target has appeared now, eh?

So yeah, that was quick. Since there's nothing else to corroborate ILS's story (although I know he's telling the truth about me, obviously that's meaningless to the rest of you), I suppose standard procedure at this point would be the classic "lynch Keldeo, if they flip innocent then lynch ILS the next day", yes? The day's only just started so I'm willing to wait for a bit more discussion if any of our many other players have info to bring to the table, but that's what I'm leaning toward at the moment.

I guess I should step forward now. Last night I inspected Keldeo and they flipped Mafia. Night before that, I inspected Kratos and they flipped Town.

Okay, I think there's something going on here. I don't doubt your claim but I'm innocent, and there's nothing in my role PM that says I get inspected as anything other than that??

Woah now we got something to work off of, don't we?! Keldeo, how can you not doubt ILS but also claim to be innocent? Also, what do you mean with that part about the inspection? I'm suspicious.

(Whoops Kratos kinda said the same thing as me but you post-ninja-d me, Kratos (also said it more elegantly))

Also, on this whole "not targeting big name/old member" thing - I could see that being a coincidence. As far as I can tell, some of our newer members have been more active than some older members lately (not an accusation or anything, please no one be offended), so if the mafia is/are newer members, maybe that wouldn't even be a factor. Just an afterthought musing.

(By the way, if one of the Town is killed and has a specific role, we will find out that specific role when they die, right? We won't forever have to guess if Superbird or Stryke or whoever comes next had an additional role?)

(By the way, if one of the Town is killed and has a specific role, we will find out that specific role when they die, right? We won't forever have to guess if Superbird or Stryke or whoever comes next had an additional role?)
No. Player roles are revealed at the end of the game, so you won't be forever guessing, but only a player's alignment is revealed upon their death.

Woah now we got something to work off of, don't we?! Keldeo, how can you not doubt ILS but also claim to be innocent? Also, what do you mean with that part about the inspection? I'm suspicious.

I don't doubt ILS's claim because a mafia has absolutely no reason to fake being a cop this early in the game - they would open themself up to a counterclaim from the real cop, or at the very least be lynched right after the person they're claiming to be guilty is found to be innocent. At this point in the game, the mafia are probably laying low and trying not to draw attention to themselves.

I'm saying that since I'm innocent but not, to my knowledge, a miller (a role that's innocent but that a cop gets a guilty result from, which would be pretty bastard to hide) I think his results were somehow compromised. Whether that's because of some sort of result faker or framer on the mafia who made me appear to be mafia, or a town role that changed ILS's action to target someone else for some reason, I don't know, and so I'm pretty much waiting for anyone who could shed light on what was going on. A lot of people haven't even been online since ILS's post.

Well, going for Keldeo and then ILS if Keldeo flips town seems the obvious course of action for now, unless someone has pertinent information (performing some kind of swapping or redirection on Keldeo and/or ILS, for instance).

(There might also be a mafia redirector who struck lucky, and then presumably is not coming forward, or Stryke could have performed the redirection. So it's possible they're both innocent even if nobody admits to redirecting. But it's the best we have, I believe.)

Cool, I get to be useful! Friendly neighbourhood redirector here; I couldn't post right away after ILS did because I had to ask Negrek first if she allows inforoles to be redirected (I know some people don't), and the answer was yes, she does. I redirected ILS's action to Flora last night.

(The first night I redirected ZM to Flora. I've been redirecting everyone to Flora because she's not really a prime mafia target, so if she turned up dead one morning I could be pretty certain that whoever I targeted was probably a bad guy.)

Hm, that's interesting. So if both Eifie and ILS are telling the truth, that would make Flora the mafioso. Jailing Flora N0 doesn't necessarily dispute that, either; the mafia kill could be factional, or could belong to/have been performed by someone other than Flora.

But this jailer role deflects all actions, not just killing. Someone's bein' sneaky.

But this jailer role deflects all actions, not just killing. Someone's bein' sneaky.

Not sure what you're saying? It looks like my redirecting to Flora that night just had (basically)* no effect, if you're telling the truth.

*I imagine ZM's action, if he had one, just disappeared into the ether.

I jailed Flora N0. ILS inspected Keldeo N1. I don't know where I got mixed up but this is what I understand.

I'm not comfortable making choices without hearing what Flora has to say.

Ohhhkay. Switching to Flora, then, with Eifie as our new suspicious-if-Flora's-innocent.

Hmm. Well. this is a biiiiit of a pickle.

I don't have a night action, so Keith jailing me shouldn't have affected anything really. Unless that keeps things from happening to me? I don't play with jailers often *shrug*

I think I got the short end of the stick re: roles here, I'm p sure I'm just a vanilla townie who got a particularly bastardy "hey you're secretly a miller!" thing, ugh

I don't think Kratos or Flora are Mafia Don; I jailed them and people died on both nights. That's not to say they're not goons, but I think we can put this info on the back burner for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom