• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

4:3 Tablet, Widescreen display?.. Uhoh

Bluberry Bat

Mostly Ghostly
This is a bit of a snag.. I've recently gotten my tablet working again (Fuck you, Vista) on my new computer - my old one long ago biting the dust. There's a bit of a problem, though. I was lucky enough to come into possession of a mid-sized Intuos3 tablet. Bloody amazing little device and I love it to bits. The thing is, at the time, my old OLD (Took 10 years to finally croak) computer used a standard, 1048x726 or so, 4:3 display. Now, that was all well and good - the tablet is 4:3 aspect ratio sized. (8x6 I believe) But now I've a new computer. It runs off widescreen, 1440x900 to be exact. Now, with the way tablets work - this leads to an essential stretch of the work pad. When I draw a circle on this computer, I get an oval.

Obviously... that's a problem. Now, I can compensate somewhat, but it still leaves me messing up. Not to mention, it's going to cock up my traditional like no other for sure. What I need to do is... is there any way to adjust or fix this? Obviously, I can't replace it. This is a $300 at the time tablet that I completely lucked out on. I can't exactly just go swap it for a widescreen version either. I'm usually reluctant to start "Question threads" but it's a big issue to me..

The best bet for you would probably be to modify the display ratio to be 4:3. To do this, go to your desktop and right click, go to "personalize", click "display settings", and adjust the slider to your preferred 4:3 size. 1200 x 800 is the biggest one provided, obviously. Hope that helps, and have fun~

Erp >_< Well I wasn't aware you could set to 4:3 ranges, but it didn't really help any, as when set that way the screen auto stretches to fill the monitor, so everything ends up the same but scrunched up.
Now I tried tweaking around a bit and found an aspect ratio compensation option and it let me set to have the scanlines on either side and not compensate for the wider monitor. Problem is - my monitor doesn't like that. It pops up a very intrusive message that can't be shut off in the middle of the screen reading something like "Input signal out of range, switch to 1440x900 60hz" (Nevermind underneath this all it's working fine) and then eventually automatically goes to sleep. Now I really don't know what to do.. D:

Aw crap, sorry ><; I don't know how to do much beyond that, and I can't mess around much since this is a shared computer and I'm not an admin... I'm sorry ;-; I'll see if there isn't something else you can do...

Back
Top Bottom