• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Wacom Bamboo: Question

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
So, I have a Wacom Bamboo and love it, but there's one thing about it that irritates me:

I don't have this problem when I'm drawing on Photoshop or GIMP, but when I draw on Tegaki or an oekaki my tablet does this irritating thing where if I only move the pen slightly, a little circle is drawn around my cursor on the screen and the right-click menu opens up.

This frequently has me pulling my hair out when I'm trying to do detailed work, and since there seem to be a lot of Bamboo owners here, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to make it stop doing this?

I... don't think I've ever had that problem regularly. Are you sure you're not holding it down too long? That's what does it for me. :v

Nope, I've never had that problem either. Maybe if you look at the options or something? Or maybe try to keep your hand steadier. And also if you move more slowly, that could help.

Yes, this thread is old, and I don't mean to be a the local forum necromancer or anything, but I think I might actually be able to help. In case you haven't got it figured out (Or in case somebody else is having this problem), I'll give this one a shot and see what I can do for you.

If you have Windows Vista, I can probably tell you what this is. I say Vista specifically because most versions of XP (And earlier) lack the feature that I think your computer is using. I expect your operating system is treating your tablet as though it's the input device for a tablet PC (A touchscreen laptop/mobile computer). If you're using a tablet PC, you only have one method of input, which is touching the screen. There's no right-click for that, so to make up for this, it uses a special gesture to do the right-click. On some of those computers (At least, all the ones I've used) the gesture is exactly what it sounds like you're doing - if you hold the pen in one place for a second or two while touching the screen, that little circle thing appears and your computer does a right-click when you move the pen. As for why this affects your Bamboo, some (not all) tablet PCs use Wacom hardware to read the pen's input. It's basically the Wacom tablet built right into the screen, so your computer might think for some reason that the Wacom Bamboo you have is actually a Wacom digitizer in a tablet PC's monitor. Do you follow?

So what you need to do to fix this is change those tablet PC settings to disable that press-and-hold function. I don't have Vista (I'm using Tablet PC 2005, which is basically a special Windows XP), but as far as I know, most versions of Vista have the tablet PC functionality built-in, so there should be a similar way to disable this. What I do for mine is open Control Panel, click "Tablet PC and Pen Settings." In there, under Pen Options, there's a list, and one of the entries says "Press and Hold - Right Click" - Highlight this, and click "Settings," then uncheck the box that says to enable press-and-hold.

Once again, I'm sorry for reviving a two-month-old topic, but I felt like I could help. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what else I can do for you.

I'm pretty sure you can disable/alter the right-click settings if you go into the Bamboo settings anyway.

Back
Top Bottom