• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best New Years Eve ever.

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/it/neos
(would it be horribly cheesy to compare this to Cinderella? "Except for some princess something-or-other who came late and left early!")

Okay, so last night was my best friend's New Years Eve party. Which would probably be better known as "Cuddle-fest" for reasons that will be explained later. (hint: it's exactly what it says on the tin)

So I'm getting ready to go and my mom says "Do you need any makeup or anything?" To which I say no because I thought it was just gonna be our two guy friends there, one of whom is taken and the other of whom kinda scares me. (not that I apparently needed the makeup anyway.)

And then I get there, a little late because my dad decided to drive us all to a nearby light show and got a little stuck in traffic. (my dad was just like "oh, come on, they're not gonna yell at you for being late." First sentence the hostess says? "YOU'RE LATE.") And everyone's just like "HI RACHEL YOU LOOK SO PRETTY" because of my newly-straightened hair, even though most of them (except the boys and one of the girls) had been at my party three days before.

Eventually someone else comes in; said best friend's (who will henceforth be known as Jeanine because typing best friend over and over is kinda annoying) neighbor, a freshman named Ryan. And about this time (while we're watching Doctor Who, no less, because Jeanine, Ryan, and both guy friends are Doctor Who nerds. I think I picked my friends well), the Cuddle-fest begins.

Well, actually, I got inside and one friend claimed another as her "cuddle buddy" for the night. And then eventually one of the other girls stole said cuddle buddy and made the first friend kinda sad, so she started cuddling with scary-guy-friend. And taken-guy-friend was cuddling with his girlfriend, for obvious reasons. So it was just me and Ryan who weren't cuddling with anyone.

Three guesses what happened next. (WARNING: after this point the events all jumbled up in my head (partially because i was like dead tired) and so are probably not in the right order. Oops.)

This actually wouldn't have been such a big deal if it hadn't happened repeatedly. Like, really repeatedly. Actually, we were playing Apples to Apples a little later and he randomly pulled me into a hug. Makes it kinda hard to play, actually XD (though I think he was eventually like "screw this, I'm using your cards" for like one round)

Eventually we stopped playing cause it was fifteen minutes to New Years, and somewhere along the line he asked me what my New Years Resolution was. I said it was for better self-esteem cause I have very little, and he was like "Really? Cause it shouldn't be that low." Which made me smile :)

And then the New Year's ball dropped and everyone looked up from what they were doing to wish each other a happy New Year and witness Jeanine's first kiss (and then went "OMG YAY" and got the middle finger from taken-guy-friend).

And then for some reason everyone started making plans for Sunday. Yeah, a day before. Brilliant, aren't we? But I digress. Well, he asked if I was going and when I said I thought I was, he replied "Well, then I'll have to come, too."

And then a lot of other stuff happened, including me trying to sleep while he was hugging me ("Are you falling asleep in my arms?" "Kinda..." "...this is really nice."), at which point everyone rediscovered the noisemakers and started blowing them until Ryan was all "Guys, shut up, she's trying to sleep."

And eventually my dad came and was the first to pick anyone up, and he gave me two hugs. And Jeanine and another friend kinda squashed me in a giant hug (and said other friend was just like "IN ONE NIGHT", apparently as flabbergasted as I was at the events) and now I apparently need to talk to the other friend. This should be interesting.

So tl;dr I met a freshman who probably likes me does like me and I kinda think I like him too and as a result managed to fulfill a New Year's Resolution within an hour of it kicking in.

I think this will be a good year.

Last edited:
Aww! Sounds like he definitely likes you, and he also sounds ridiculously adorable so you should get in there!

I'm glad you had an exciting New Year's Eve, too; I just went to bed after the bells because my eyes were literally like =____=

Aww! Sounds like he definitely likes you, and he also sounds ridiculously adorable so you should get in there!

I wound up talking to the hostess just now and she said it was totally obvious so yeah, he does <3

So now I think she's trying to set us up, which should work, unlike the other three-and-a-half-times I was almost set up with someone *shifty-eyes*

Doctor Who nerds? My kind of people. Lol.

And my mom's kind of people. I love how I keep unintentionally keep meeting nerds who are that much more awesome thanks to their likes. (though I think Jeanine, Ryan, and taken-guy-friend kinda converted each other. Scary-guy-friend found it via his family, I think)

He sounds cute though. Keep us in the loop. :D
He might be coming with my friends and I on an outing :D Though his neighbor/"older sis" is kinda scaring me with all the hearts and "AWWWWWWWWWWW"-ing.

EDIT: Yay, he is! :D

Last edited:
I spent the New Years watching Doctor Who too because I had first learned about it in the Christmas Special (okay, I learned about in in 2005 via TV Tropes, but I mean actually seeing-seeing it), and wanted to know more about it. Suffice to say, its an awesome show.

resointhere.png
>:)

SO we wound up seeing Tangled because the boys (except Ryan who didn't care) were outnumbered.

he kissed me on the cheek~

Well, actually what happened was that I had to go and he was like "Can I kiss you on the cheek?" and I let him <3

And then my friend ruined it cause I was giving him a goodbye hug and she went all "Kiss her, kiss her, kiss her!" *headdesk*

...my best friend's dying from the adorable, I just know it <3

And I think he knows I like him. And that I know he likes me.

EDIT: Oh, and he kissed the top of my head once or twice.

Now I know how Marius and Cosette felt! And now I can't be all annoyed at the outcome.

Last edited:
This was amusingly cute to read. :B

It's great that your self-esteem is rising! That tends to be my year's goal pretty often, so I find it pretty relatable. And this guy really does sound adorable!

Okay so minor little update because interesting things just happened.

So I had off from school today (weird things happen when a bishop says Mass at your school), but I wound up waking up at seven anyway because he texted me saying he hopes I have a good day. Which I actually didn't mind, unlike when another friend texted me at 6:30 am on New Years -.-

And then he got home.

AND THEN HE ASKED ME OUT.

floaty mood just got more floaty eeeeeeeee <3

Back
Top Bottom