• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros 4

Pikachu is the mascot so they have to include him (her?), Jigglypuff is well known and it featured in the anime often. Pokémon trainer uses the Kanto starters which are well known by pretty much anyone with an interest in Pokémon and Mewtwo was the original super-strong ultra-rare end-of-Pokédex Pokémon.
So yeah I hope they being back Mewtwo or just don't include another Pokémon character unless it's an iconic one.

I can't think of one though :(
Maybe Missingno.
There should totally be canon on Missing No. That would be so cool, I can't even express. What if it was a boss, like Master Hand? The whole thing centered around destroying the glitches in the Nintendo Universe?

So%20Hardcore.jpg

It could be like an event match like how in Melee you could fight Giga Bowser even though he wasn't playable.
One of Missingno's attacks would be to swap your character's moveset for another's, causing things like Pikadorf without the need for hacks. Yeah, that'd be cool.

Ideally though I probably wouldn't want Mewtwo in there either. Not sure why.

Jigglypuff is included because it's a popular pokemon in japan.

also, Toon Link is in, smash 4 confirmed for clone fighter 2014

Not sure if you guys saw this but Toon Link is in the games ad well. Not sure if he coints as Young Link though XD.:)

Ah that is weird. Why did they do that XD? Young link looked better.:)

The Toon Link games were/are more current! Y!Link was in Melee because Wind Waker either wasn't out yet or had JUST come out (and therefore Y!Link was more recognizeable!)

By the time Brawl came out Y!Link was really old hat; two consoles back, not including the Master Quest version (which I don't really count, and regardless was still a console back). (Also: T!Link probably looks "worse" because of the style differences)

Actually, Y!Link is still old hat, cause even though OOT3D came out, WWHD will have been out for a while by the time SSB4 comes out

The Toon Link games were/are more current! Y!Link was in Melee because Wind Waker either wasn't out yet or had JUST come out (and therefore Y!Link was more recognizeable!)

By the time Brawl came out Y!Link was really old hat; two consoles back, not including the Master Quest version (which I don't really count, and regardless was still a console back). (Also: T!Link probably looks "worse" because of the style differences)

Actually, Y!Link is still old hat, cause even though OOT3D came out, WWHD will have been out for a while by the time SSB4 comes out
Also, Wind Waker HD just came out, for anyone who hadn't already seen Toon Link.

Wow that's odd XD.:)

How so? From a business perspective it makes perfect sense! You want to make sure that you have popular or well-recognized characters to get people to buy it, or newer characters to make people go "oh, I'm interested in this character, let's buy this game to learn more about them" (That's how Fire Emblem finally got localized; they put Marth and Roy in Melee and people wanted to play their games and voila! popular series is now (decently) popular in America! Presumably they were going for that with Lucas (though that may have been for Japanese players)) Why go with an older model when you can show off a shiny new(ish) toy? (That's presumably why they changed regular Link from OOT-style to a more Twilight Princess-y style; because the game had come out and it was more familiar!)

Also from personal opinion Young Link is...literally just a child version of Link. At least Toon Link has a different look to his moves.

Oh ok. I got it now. I still like the looks of Young link though. I am more of a classic player and I still like the older Bros games to this day XD.:)

to be fair, Fire Emblem waned in popularity after how bad the DS games were, Awakening was actually going to be the last one, but it sold so well they're continuing it

the funny thing though is that Marth and Roy were originally going to be dummied out of the US release of Melee, but deadlines prevented that from happening. the result was us getting the 7th title in the west as our first FE game. Marth was in and is likely going to stay because FE poster-boy and character with the most appearances, and Roy was put in the game in order to market the then-new FE6: Sword of Seals; that's exactly why they put Ike into Brawl, Path of Radiance had come out just three years prior, and Radiant Dawn was a brand new game sequel that they were trying to market at the time. i wouldn't be surprised if Robin (FE:A MU) or Chrom were playable, and Lucina were relegated to an alternate skin/color for Marth (since that's literally what they were in Awakening anyway), nor if Ike stayed in due to his massive popularity (he's legit the only character more popular in the series than Hector, and for very good reason)

Link's a bit of a different case, they tend to go for the most recent console version of him (as evidenced by OoT Link still being in Melee as well as Y. Link instead of Link from any of the GB games), Toon Link mostly happened because Phantom Hourglass was a thing, and Wind Waker is one of the more popular titles in the series. now the regular Link we have is the same Link we saw during the interactive Wii U tech demo two years ago

Toon Link in Smash 4 just doesn't make sense to me when you consider he's right there in the Spirit Tracks stage background on the 3DS version, barring the fact that Wind Waker HD just came out

also wouldn't be surprised if Bayonetta or Jeanne and the wonderful 101 made it in as an assist trophy due to Nintendo and Plat. Games' close relationship at the time (sort of like Saki being in Brawl due to the partnership between them and Treasure for Sin & Punishment 2)

Then where does Gannondorf fit in since he was in Melee? He was part of FE right or was he part of Zelda? Thanks XD.:)

Ganon is the main antagonist of the Zelda series; Ganondorf more specifically is his human form you see in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, where Ganon is a pig-like beast (his final smash in Brawl is the form of it you see during one of the parts of TP's final battle) in his 'true' or normal form throughout the series as a whole

Well, Spirit Tracks Link and Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link are two different people.
So are the Links from LttP, Zelda I/II, Minish Cap, OoT/MM, and Skyward Sword. In fact, Spirit Tracks can logically be inferred to take place somewhere around 100 years after Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, considering Niko is still alive in it, which means he's probably WW!Link's descendant.

As a fighter, I like toon link better than regular link, actually. Some of his moves, though similar, work a bit differently, and I prefer how he controls to how regular Link controls. That said, Regular Link could easily be given a different moveset based on everything he's done in other games, while Toon Link admittedly doesn't have that much more to draw upon.

...is Minish Cap!Link considered to also be a Toon Link?

...is Minish Cap!Link considered to also be a Toon Link?

I'm inclined to believe yes, because compared to the other incarnations of Link it's definitely more of a cartoony world. (Even compared to the older games Minish Cap's world (plus Four Swords (Adventures), since they DEFINITELY have the same look for Link) is more colorful)

Ah weird. Wverything isba little off because I have only Played Zelda for SNES. I think it was a link to the past and I have only played and own Smash Bros N64 and Smash Bros Mwlee for GCN but none of the other games you guys mentioned XD.:)

Ah weird. Wverything isba little off because I have only Played Zelda for SNES. I think it was a link to the past and I have only played and own Smash Bros N64 and Smash Bros Mwlee for GCN but none of the other games you guys mentioned XD.:)

Ah, okay! Yeah, some of the commentary can be a little confusing if you haven't played some of the games.

(unrelated but for the record: ALttP was the first Zelda game that I actually did decently in; I got halfway through the Dark World before my cartridge randomly deleted my data. :( )

Back
Top Bottom