• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Obsessive Scribblers Awards Night

Oh wait! Sorry, I got confused. I confused you for dragonair... bargh, it's that Mawile avvie! ;;Fixes;;

DRAGONAIR, you're the one who's in.

Ha ha, gotcha in, Littlestream.

...I'm watching you, Cheatmaster. Keep the fireworks launcher AWAY from the pieces. But can feel free to not keep it away from those foodnabbing freeloaders. Bwahar.

BEGONE CURSED PICTURE

For anyone who wants to play where's Wally with themselves Anyone who's not included it's either because you didn't have a sona or joined in the last few days I'M SORRY here's my severed hand to make up for it. BOTTOM LEVEL: Cirrus using Spoon as a mic, Blastoise, Kai and Saith having some kind of eyebrow-off, Linoone, FMC, Lil' Dwagie and Phyro Phantom playing snap; MIDDLE LEVEL: Mhals, Blu and Spaekle, Mini Moonwalker and Rai-CH greeting Blazhy, Zora, Ice, Pentimento and Psymon (drunk on grapejuice), Byrus and dragonair, Count Vladimir and St. Chris; TOP LEVEL: Castform, Mawile, Cheatmaster, Loffyglu and Dannichu playing some skipping game, Arylett and myself (with some cake).

I have close ups which I'll probably post in the main thread when the contest's over. Blegh.

Oh god Kinova, there's so many members . . . have you included everyone who provided a reference? Also, is there a higher resolution of the drawing? Everyone's a bit small and hard to see.

Also, I'm really sorry but Expo's too close and I've got too much going on at the moment. I'd like to drop out if that's okay, but I'll have the group pic done some point when I'm less busy, I promise. If anyone wants to see what I had done, take a look [here].

...Holy floppin' pancakes, Cake. Just... holy floppin' pancakes. Definitely added to the list.

And d'aww, Kai, looks like you were just about done too! But as you wish, I shall remove you from the list.

Oh god Kinova, there's so many members . . . have you included everyone who provided a reference? Also, is there a higher resolution of the drawing? Everyone's a bit small and hard to see.

Mrmhmm. It seemed like a good idea when I started. (I put it on dA today so if you go here and hit download you can see the gigantic version, see if you can spot where my hand fell off and crawled away to wither.)

Sorry you couldn't finish, as well! It looks like it would've been/will be good.

Unfortunately, I think I'm gonna have to drop out too. I've been really busy all week and I just can't get the colours or background to look right. Sorry. D: It was pretty stupid of me to rush into something like this without checking my schedule.

Okay! Everyone's dropping out, buut my drawings no good. It's small, very small. And I tried to use Paint....I'm gonna try to hand-draw it, if you'd want to wonder why I haven't turned it in yet. It shall be my backup.

BEGONE CURSED PICTURE

For anyone who wants to play where's Wally with themselves Anyone who's not included it's either because you didn't have a sona or joined in the last few days I'M SORRY here's my severed hand to make up for it. BOTTOM LEVEL: Cirrus using Spoon as a mic, Blastoise, Kai and Saith having some kind of eyebrow-off, Linoone, FMC, Lil' Dwagie and Phyro Phantom playing snap; MIDDLE LEVEL: Mhals, Blu and Spaekle, Mini Moonwalker and Rai-CH greeting Blazhy, Zora, Ice, Pentimento and Psymon (drunk on grapejuice), Byrus and dragonair, Count Vladimir and St. Chris; TOP LEVEL: Castform, Mawile, Cheatmaster, Loffyglu and Dannichu playing some skipping game, Arylett and myself (with some cake).

I have close ups which I'll probably post in the main thread when the contest's over. Blegh.
That is awesome.

I got drawn! By two people! Squeeee-

Last edited:
BEGONE CURSED PICTURE

That is just... Wow.
Love it.

I look like a Hobbit : 3

Alright, Hitmoncrew, set up the victi-I mean, food sna-I mean, volunteers, so I can pelt them full of needles and plasma and they explode, while I go look at that awesome picture and faint.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

GUESS WHAT

I MADE IT BEFORE THE DEADLINE

THAT'S A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME THING WHEN IT COMES TO MOONWALKER
SHE ALWAYS LEAVES THINGS FOR THE LAST MINUTE. :D

Er, here it is? :D

It's sorta crappy, I understand. And the description is long, but meaningful. Sorta. Not really.

EDIT: Kinova that picture is beautiful and wonderful and amazing.

Last edited:
It's actually a few hours after the deadline, but better late than never, right?

Apologies for your OOCness, but it was for the good of the picture.

From left to right: dragonair as an Ariados, Zora of Termina as an Absol, Saith as a Dusknoir, Kai Lucifer as a Crobat, Mini Moonwalker as a Mightyena, Spoon as a spoon dressed up as a human, Arylett Dawnsborough as a Misdreavus, and me as a Bidoof.

As you can tell, I can't draw males.

All right! You guys are late, but... I'll let it slide. No big deal, eh? Adding you all to the list! (Also, Littlestream and dragonair, yours don't have any names that I see! So I'm just gonna put it as Untitled until you give me a name.) Also removed Byrus.

As I'm very tired right now as I really need to sleep, I'll announce Nomination Round tommorow (or rather, later on today, but I haven't slept, so yeah.) as I feel it needs a big and dramatic post. So in the mean time, anyone else who wants to submit something a little late can do so until I announce the beginning of the Nomination Round.

Got it! All right... now it's time to begin.

-----
The hall was groaning and grumbling as seven people gathered to present their pieces to the host. She eyes them carefully as she rubs her still-pained foot, and gave each of her okay to all of them. Although she seemed to have been watching a few suspicious-looking people who were furtively snatching copious amounts of food from some tables lining the walls that had now appeared in the corner of her eye... as an armored alienlike creature pointed his gun at them, she grins and gives him the thumbs up, then turns back to the crowd.

Okay, all! It's the moment we've all been waiting for... THEEEEEE Nomination Round. ...Damn microphone. I mean... She taps on the microphone for a moment and then her voice seems to boom out loudly and obnoxiously. Sighing in irritation, she bangs it against her podium, and then resumes. ...NOMINATION ROUND! Yes, yes! That junk.

A screen suddenly flashes on behind her, displaying each of the drawings submitted with their names.

Halloween OS by Saith
First Annual OScars by Mini Moonwalker
Halloween for the OS by Blastoise
A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
OScars Base by Kinova
Linoone Went Trick-or-Treating. by dragonair
The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream

Now! To those of you who didn't get your piece submitted on the deadline, well, I've removed your name from the list. Now... for the rest of you poor so- I mean, VERY lucky people! You all know how Nomination works, but I'll give you a quick run-down again. Just post the name and artist of the piece and which category you wish to nominate it for. Remember that participants CAN nominate pieces, but they cannot nominate their own. And also, you cannot nominate a single piece more than three times for three different categories. Lastly, people outside of the OS Club CAN nominate pieces, so don't be shy!

Oh and the Nomination Deadline is November 10th. At which point, voting begins! Or, looking from the small amount of pieces we have, voting might not even begin and people might just automatically get their awards if they were the only one in their category. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom