• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

If I have an interesting title, will you guys comment on my bad art?

Re: superyoshi's two month bumper

Together_in_Defeat_by_vaporchu8.png

If you haven't figured out by now that I'm a big Kirby fan then you can have a boot to the head.

I quite like the Pichu, especially its expression; the body looks a bit long for the general proportions of a Pichu, though.

The Kirby one is fun too, but how the shadows are not "attached" to the feet give the slight impression that they are floating. The background is done nicely, though, with the blend of colors.

Well uh, I have a whole lotta stuff to update this thread with....I'll just put the good stuff here. :]

wotter_by_vaporchu8-d2ykhxc.png

gyron_yarnified_by_vaporchu8-d30ymjp.png

yarn_fire_kirby_by_vaporchu8-d31ccbe.png

shooting_warpstar_by_vaporchu8-d3329db.png

bachura_early_sugimori_style_by_vaporchu8-d33i8h3.png

First one is a drawing of Wotter done with that texture shading I like to do, the middle two is Epic Yarn fanart(Fire Kirby and a fan character), one is just Kirby hanging from a Warpstar, and the last one is Bachulu in the style that Ken Sugimori used for R/B/G/S.

I think you did very well! The feet on Oshawott look a bit off, and it's eyes seem a bit too big. Otherwise it's very nice, and I love how you did the shading! Although, switching from lines to dots in the shading were a bit confusing. I personally like to stick with just dots or just lines.

I'm speechless about the Kirby's Epic Yarn fanart. It looks simply amazing! It looks just like yarn! I love it! Very very good!

Wow, the R/B/Y/G/S Bachuru looks great! You tackled the style with ease, my friend. It's simply fabulous, and the way Bachuru stands up is adorable!

All in all, your title's amazing, and your drawings are simply fabulous! Keep up the good work, I would definitely love to see more of your art works. :3

Last edited:
Just dropping by to say that the old/new Sugimori art looks fantastic. I think you should try to make the colours a bit more natural in order to further mimic Sugimori's original style but it doesn't change that it's an interesting style that hasn't really been attempted much as far as I've seen. Good job!

Just dropping by to say that the old/new Sugimori art looks fantastic. I think you should try to make the colours a bit more natural in order to further mimic Sugimori's original style but it doesn't change that it's an interesting style that hasn't really been attempted much as far as I've seen. Good job!

Hmm, I'll keep that in mind next time. :]

koromori_by_vaporchu8-d33nv71.png

I've been in an artsy mood recently.

Back
Top Bottom