• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ArtMo 2010

Hmm... well, I linked the exact same links to my birthday people and they worked just fine for them... they work for me. Huh...

Also! A few comments... really like FMC's sunglasses Poochyena. It's cute and awesomely drawn. Although the paws and overall structure looks a bit too... catlike.

And ninjar, really like your Day 7 drawing. It has a cute expression and that coat is awesome. The arms are a bit too short and the hands tiny though, not really... proportioned to the body.

Hmm... well, I linked the exact same links to my birthday people and they worked just fine for them... they work for me. Huh...

Also! A few comments... really like FMC's sunglasses Poochyena. It's cute and awesomely drawn. Although the paws and overall structure looks a bit too... catlike.

And ninjar, really like your Day 7 drawing. It has a cute expression and that coat is awesome. The arms are a bit too short and the hands tiny though, not really... proportioned to the body.

They're working fine now, probably just my computer. I've been having troubles recently, I thought I'd ironed them all out.

I was drawing on my knees at the time, haha~ I spotted them today, but when I'd done the doodle, I'd shaded, so I didn't want to re-do them. Thanks, though!
I LOVE your Garnet! I've been looking for FF9 to play again for about three years, I loved it first time round. I don't think it gets enough recognition. The main character had a TAIL, man! How was that not cooler than FF7!?!

hrml.
Well I'm still drawing!
I found my flash drive, so I'm hoping I'll be able to scan tonight and get everything I've done up here by later tonight.

Thank you, Ninjar! I completely agree, ahaha. IX needs more love...

And uh... I was originally gonna draw something else for today and was drawing a completely unrelated avvie project thing. And... the avvie turned into... a full-length picture. I'm not sure how it did... but it did, all right. Kinda referenced the face off of something, but the rest was just done from my mind. Decided it might make a good story cover for my NaNo after I finished it.

Day 9 - Arkra Flare Cover

woah I almost forgot all about artmo D: stupid WUE! Well, since I'll have christmas vacation in less than an hour, I'll have enough of time to get the rest finished, heh. Draw, draw~ lots of drawings~

I have a few pictures though:

Day 1
Day 2

lol yeah.

Uh, Day whatever we are on.

I guess I could put out enough drawings to cover what I missed, but...I kinda don't want Artmo to be a chore. So far, the drawings/paintings I've done were ones that I wanted to do.

I actually have loads of new OScomic strips, but I'm a lazy bum and also can't scan stuff while my mom is around, which cuts down my scanning time to at most a hour each day on weekdays. Which also means that the comic is just sitting in my drawer gathering dust.

I'll actually go scan them sometime! Really!

ArtMo questions?!

I'm too late to join this year but I'd like to ask a few things for the next time! ((:
Vector art got straightened out already, buuut...

Sculptures
-If you only submit sculptures, your total should hit or exceed fifteen, if you do not paint them.
-If you only submit sculptures, your total should hit or exceed ten, if you do paint them.

If I pretent paint means texture, could I apply these rules to digital 3D models?
Looking at the reason for disallowing vector art, I'm going to assume that 3D is OK too, even if it (sort of) shares one of the defining features of vector art (scaleability)... but please inform me if you don't think that it is OK. (:
Man I feel as if I've done pretty much only vector art and 3D modelling this year ^^; and well a little sketching here and there but hey!

EDIT: Posting future discussion of this on Spoon's user page... chat.. thing!

Last edited:
Re: ArtMo questions?!

I'm too late to join this year but I'd like to ask a few things for the next time! ((:
Vector art got straightened out already, buuut...

If I pretent paint means texture, could I apply these rules to digital 3D models?
Looking at the reason for disallowing vector art, I'm going to assume that 3D is OK too, even if it (sort of) shares one of the defining features of vector art (scaleability)... but please inform me if you don't think that it is OK. (:
Man I feel as if I've done pretty much only vector art and 3D modelling this year ^^; and well a little sketching here and there but hey!

I know very little about digital 3D models, but as long as the models would follow the general guidelines, they'd be perfectly acceptable.

Also, we'll probably have to customize some rules for 3D models, since sculptures' rules were made with clay sculptures in mind. Since both Kai Lucifer and I aren't too familiar with the medium, it'd be awesome if you (or anyone else familiar with 3D models) wouldn't mind giving what your opinion on what you think would be an acceptable total or specific rules for 3D models.

I've gotten about ten done and five more started.

I don't have an easy way to upload my ArtMo pictures, so I'll list them.

-A fully shaded Wooper with a background I stopped caring about.
-A somewhat realistic and almost finished Momo from Avatar, who is missing two hands.
-A shaded and small Muse, a Slowking on my SoulSilver team.
-A somewhat serious Natu doodle that I drew after reading the tenth volume of Pokémon Adventures.
-A sleeping and half-finished Sockmon, which is the creation of friend and I.
-Lotus, a Bayleef, which is another part of my SoulSilver team.
-My Flaaffy, Cirrus, who is yet another member of my SoulSilver team
-A doodle-y thirteen page flipnote of a Botamon spinning around.
-An extremely small sprite of a Botamon.
-A shaded pen drawing of a simple character of mine.
-A shaded Wartortle, which I gave to a friend for Christmas.
-A pencil shaded drawing of a Shieldon which I cut out and made into a gift tag.
-A sprite outline of Roda from Tegami Bachi.
-An unfinished otter.
- Unfinished Shieldon sprite
-And finally a Snivy that I drew on a flipnote, which I still need add a few things to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom