• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Doctor Who Club

I don't really have much to say about this one. I liked it, but I can't really point out specific things that I did like. I know I'm always pointing out bad things but I don't want it to sound like a bad thing when I say the reason I liked it was because I didn't dislike it like I do with recent Doctor Who episodes.

I do like the direction they're taking with Peter Capaldi, it seems like "Am I good?" is going to be a recurring theme this series. Clara seems to be getting some characterisation how too.

The only nitpick big enough to mention: If Dalek guns can kill other Daleks, why don't the good guys use them themselves?

EDIT: Also I do really liked the few scenes of the Daleks on the Dalek ship. They were only about five seconds long but they really felt like Doctor Who, they reminded me of the classic era.

Last edited:
Serious? Almost the whole season's passing us by here guys.

Any opinions? Theories?

Myself, I'm not quite... into Twelve like I thought I'd be with the first episode. I just can't shake that 'new Doctor' feel with him. It's like he doesn't have a personality, or they are pushing his personality way too much. What do you people think?

I feel like I spend way too much time wanting to punch Twelve in the throat. He's just such a jerk a lot of the time.

I like how mean 12 has been. It was pretty much the only redeeming thing about the episode on the moon. If you view it as an episode to establish the Doctor as no longer thinking that everyone is special, and that he'll let other people make decisions that affect them etc, then it was an effective episode. Other than that I didn't like it. Too much making stuff up that doesn't make any sense.

Was okay. A bit of a coincidence that the girl who could see the glowy things happened to be in Clara's school. And I'm not quite sure what the connection was between her sister going missing and her starting to be able to see them.

There need to be either fewer episodes with children in them, or they need to find better child actors. At least they weren't as bad as the "please save me from the monsters" boy, though.

Back
Top Bottom