• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Horrific screams awaken the city at night. It was not another squall of gunshots, or even someone losing a lot of money... But to be frank, no one could tell just what happened.

All anyone could tell is that Ghzoom had completely disappeared, and that something or another happened to Keldeo, as their corpse lay a mangled, drawn-in mess of flesh with a widely open mouth and two pools of thick scarlet goop where there should be eyes.

The citizens who saw raced away from the scene -- someone had to be the first to claim the rights to those ideas for a horror movie!

Ghzoom is dead. He was Town.

Keldeo is dead. They were Town.

72 hours for discussion.

Oookay, so Kratos presumably wasn't the last mafia.

I'm guessing Gzhoom died by targeting a mafia member and Keldeo was the mafia target? Unfortunately Gzhoom didn't tell me whom he planned to target; did he mention it to anyone else? It must have been either Zero Moment or JackPK, since RedneckPhoenix and I are already part of the neighborhood.

Did anyone get a gun, and could they please try to flip me?

Well, there's some fuckery going on.
Butterfree and RP have been defacto cleared by Gzhoom (though Butterfree is 'temporarily' Mafia), and JackPK was cleared by Keldeo.
We know that 1) Gzhoom visited a Mafia member and died from it, and 2) Keldeo was apparently targeted by a night kill.
JackPK hasn't been on in two weeks, so beyond being already cleared he couldn't send in a kill anyways.
So. In a sense, this almost implicates me. But that doesn't make any sense: I have been confirmed to be the one handing out the BulletSuit(TM)s. Why would a Mafia member not only hand out defensive tools to innocent players, but to the most important ones, i.e. the Mason and Cop?
My current working theory is that Butterfree, the last remaining Mafia-aligned player, has inherited the night kill, and killed Keldeo last night.
This doesn't explain what the hell happened to Gzhoom last night– maybe one of the Mafia had a delayed kill or revenge kill mechanic– but that's all I've got.

Zero Moment said:
My current working theory is that Butterfree, the last remaining Mafia-aligned player, has inherited the night kill, and killed Keldeo last night.
I did not. I can't inherit the nightkill any more than something like a terrorist could; I asked MF about this early in the game. If I'm mafia-aligned, I can win with the mafia, but I don't gain any factional powers or abilities. It wouldn't really make sense for me to be able to inherit the nightkill: I'm not actually permanently mafia-aligned, and yet again, I'm unable to win altogether in my current state, so I have literally no motive to play pro-mafia whatsoever even if I had inherited the nightkill: I can't win unless you flip me back to town first. So even if I'd inherited the kill, the sensible thing for me to do would be to either 1) shoot myself, or 2) if I'm not allowed to target myself, target no one (or the most inconsequential player possible), then come clean and go "Hey, guys, I inherited the nightkill but I still can't win as mafia so fuck the mafia, please shoot me and we all win." Shooting someone important and then feigning innocence would be ridiculous: all it'd mean is diminishing my own chances of winning. What you're really proposing is that I've been lying about my role or some part of it all along - that I actually can win right now as mafia, say. But if that were the case, and I had inherited the nightkill and successfully gotten two people killed last night, why on earth would I have killed someone important and then still pleaded for someone to try to kill me today? If my plan were to actually try to win as mafia, I'd have claimed I got flipped again last night and tried to feign innocence from there; if my plan were for someone to flip me back, then the logic above applies and I wouldn't have made an incriminating nightkill.

Zero Moment said:
So. In a sense, this almost implicates me. But that doesn't make any sense: I have been confirmed to be the one handing out the BulletSuit(TM)s. Why would a Mafia member not only hand out defensive tools to innocent players, but to the most important ones, i.e. the Mason and Cop?
To give yourself credibility so you could later make a claim such as this? My behaviour here wouldn't make sense as credibility-seeking, but yours would.

As far as I'm concerned it's either you or JackPK, and since JackPK was inspected as innocent, I'm inclined to assume it's you, particularly since you also conveniently didn't mention what you did last night. I'm going Zero Moment, but if JackPK has anything to say, I'd love to hear it.

(There's also just the general bit where my theory just involves you being mafia and Gzhoom targeting you as one of the remaining players not in the neighborhood, whereas your theory relies on some other mystery mechanic killing Gzhoom since he couldn't have tried to recruit me again.)

I'm conflicted because you could totally just be a vanilla turncoat instead of this MF turncoat that can swap back and forth.

I dunno. I'll have to think long and hard.

Retract Vote, just in case.

Whoops, yikes, one thing IRL led to another and this game slipped through the cracks — sorry about that! I haven't sent in any night actions since the last day I mentioned doing so, and all this that's happening is too chaotic for me to quite make sense of at the moment, so I guess I'm just in favor of whatever the rest of the bandwagon does? Butterfree's post makes sense to me, so I guess I'll vote for Zero Moment and hope Butterfree gets flipped back? But I'll try to keep a (better) eye on the thread so I can change my vote if a more persuasive argument shows up.

To give yourself credibility so you could later make a claim such as this? My behaviour here wouldn't make sense as credibility-seeking, but yours would.

As far as I'm concerned it's either you or JackPK, and since JackPK was inspected as innocent, I'm inclined to assume it's you, particularly since you also conveniently didn't mention what you did last night. I'm going Zero Moment, but if JackPK has anything to say, I'd love to hear it.

Still doesn't make any sense, since we know that my gear had saved them from a couple of kills. It's just a stretch to think that saving people is me doing some sort of long game.

Speaking of Gun(TM)s, I tried to give Keldeo on last night, but he's not around anymore to use it. JackPK should still have the one I sent to him N3, though. In which case he should shoot Butterfree to flip her.

Maybe Jack is mafia, Gzhoom tried to Neighborize him and died, before Jack killed Keldeo.

It's a guess.

That touchy-feely trust thing never jived much with the citizens of Randtopia after several generations of ideological brainwashing, but the remaining survivors of that particular city's maelstrom of violence eyed each other with a whole new level of distrust, their gazes practically dripping red with blood. In the heat of the moment, JackPK whips out his Gun(TM) and fires it against the man who shipped it off to him, despite being terrified of whether the article was even genuine.

But it was, and Zero Moment lay with a bullet through his head, a product of his own beliefs. The sound of the gunshot alone silenced the arguments — all those who remained stood struck by silence as the gun pusher's gunned-down corpse fell. In that moment, their minds couldn't help but wander to that strange enterpreneur from yesterday — the one who chose to expose their own wrongdoings and hurl themself to the wolves instead of continuing to live out the farce of Randtopia.

There seemed to be two choices. One could die like that weirdo Kratos Aurion, living honestly in their final moments... or one could die like Zero Moment, defeated by their own beliefs in the end. Perhaps, the time had come to abandon beliefs; perhaps, the time had come for Randtopia to end.

Zero Moment is dead. He was Town.

50% of the presently living players are Mafia-aligned. Therefore, the game has come to an end, with the Mafia factional win condition being fulfilled.

The following are the winning players: Kratos Aurion.

-----

Now there's an outcome absolutely no one expected, eh? Well, from where I was standing, it was a little easier to see that coming (... which is true of most statements I could make as the GM). I was in doubt as to whether I should include only guns or also vests, but I decided to throw in the vests on account of the sort of pace of deaths this game had the potential to develop... And while having three protective roles running around led to many consecutive no-deaths and a rapid loss of morale for team scum, it turns out I wasn't wrong about that rate of deaths after all -- Town lost their lead almost as quickly as they'd gained it.

I suppose the message here might be "never give up", but this did seem like a pretty hopeless situation for a normal game... however, this particular setup was always one where anything could happen, given that not everyone in the faction that's taken the lead has the same interests. I suppose the message is useful if I should ever run a setup like this some other time.

But, speaking of setups similar to other ones I've done in the past! I'm already preparing the next MFia, and I think we're ready to try out the Synergy mechanic from Pokkén Tournament Mafia again, alongside other new things yet! There's still a lot of tinkering I need to do in order to keep such an ambitious setup from crashing and burning completely, though, so you're all free from MFia headaches for the next while or so.

-----

Role PM log:

[hide=Ghzoom - Creepy Neighbour]Your role is that of the Creepy Neighbour.
-Factional win condition: You are aligned with Town. You may win when all mafia-aligned players are dead.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if at least three players with whom you've had private communications at any point are dead.
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, if that player is aligned to Town, you will gain private communications with them, but if that player is aligned to Mafia, you will die.
*Each night, you may designate a player other than the one you've targeted. During this night, if you die as a result of targeting a Mafia-aligned player with your power, you will perform a kill against the player you've designated.

Your role is that of the Aggressor.
-Factional win condition: You are aligned with Town. You may win when all mafia-aligned players are dead.
-Personal win condition: During Night One (not this current night, the one after the first Day), you must designate a player. In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if the designated player is killed by a lynch at any point in the game. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, don't count; it must be a lynch specifically. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game. You must designate the player during N1 even if you've died by then. If you do not designate your target player by the end of N1, one will be chosen randomly for you.)
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player to perform a kill on them.

Your role is that of the Reluctant Protector.
-Personal win condition: During Night One (not this current night, the one after the first Day), you must designate a player. In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if the designated player is not killed by a lynch at any point in the game. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, won't prevent this win condition from being fulfilled. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game. You must designate the player during N1 even if you've died by then. If you do not designate your target player by the end of N1, one will be chosen randomly for you.)
-Powers:
*You may only use this power if a player was lynched during the previous daytime. Each night, you may target a player to prevent them from being killed during the current night. You cannot target yourself with this power.

Your role is that of the Idealistic Doctor.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point in the game, three phases (Days or Nights) in a row pass without any player deaths occouring.
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player to prevent them from being killed during the current night. You may only target each player once during the game.

Your role is that of the Living Lover.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you are alive at the end of the game.
-Powers:
*During Night One (not this current night, the one after the first Day), you must designate a player. If you do not designate your target player by the end of N1, one will be chosen randomly for you. You will become the designated player's Lover. You and that player will gain private communications. You will instantly die if that player does, and that player will instantly die if you do.

Your role is that of the Clown Cop.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point of the game, you are killed by a daytime lynch. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, don't count; it must be a lynch specifically. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game.)
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, the targeted player's factional alignment will be privately revealed to you.

Your role is that of the BDSM Businessperson.
-Factional win condition: You are aligned with the Mafia. You may win when at least 50% of the living players are of mafia alignment.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of any one night, three or more players have been prevented from activating their powers or targeting certain players with them, as a result of other powers' effects (including your power, but not limited to it). Additionally, at least one of the players who were prevented from using or targeting their power in that night must be mafia-aligned.
-Powers:
*(Factional kill) Each night, only one mafia-aligned player may use this power (your associate, Kratos Aurion, is the final arbitrer as to how it's used, ie the don) to target a player and perform a kill on them.
*(Factional comms) You may communicate privately with your mafia associates, Kratos Aurion and Nira.
*Each night, regardless of whether you're also performing the factional kill, you may target a player to block their active powers during this night and prevent all other players from targeting that player. If you do: at the end of the night, you will be informed of any players who attempted to target the player you´ve targeted with this power.

Your role is that of the Third-Party Pooper.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of the game, less than 7 of the other players have fulfilled their personal win conditions.
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player. At the end of the night, the targeted player's personal win condition will be privately revealed to you.

Your role is that of the Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special. (that's a mouthful, huh)
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, by the end of the game, you've targeted five different players with actions.
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player to prevent them from using their active powers during the current night. You cannot target yourself with this power.

Your role is that of the Turncoat.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if your factional alignment has changed at least twice and at most three times over the course of the game.
-Powers:
*If you would be killed, except by lynch: you do not die, and your alignment changes from Town to Mafia, or from Mafia to Town, as appropriate. You will be informed of your running factional win condition each time your alignment changes. You do not gain factional powers when changing alignment.

Your role is that of the Mystic Governor.
-Personal win condition: During each night, you may place a bet that a certain single player will be lynched on the next Day (you can do this even if you´re dead, and you cannot bet on a no-lynch). In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you bet on the correct lynchee three times total.
-Powers:
*You may use each of these powers once and only once in the game. You can only use up to two of those powers within the same phase, unless otherwise specified.
**(#1 - Abstain Ban) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#1 - Abstain Ban". Activating this power will prohibit the players from voting towards a no-lynch during the current Day. This power´s effects will be immediately publicized by a GM post.
**(#2 - Executioner) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#2 - Execute [player]", with "[player]" being a living player against whom at least one lynch vote has been cast (your own vote does not count towards making a player an elligible target of this power). Activating this power will immediately end the current Day phase, with the designated player being lynched.
**(#3 - Force Abstain) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#3 - Force Abstain". Activating this power will cause the current day phase to end on a no-lynch, regardless of how the players have voted.
**(#4 - Force Random Lynch) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#4 - Force Random Lynch]". Activating this power will cause a randomly-chosen player to be lynched at the end of the current day phase, regardless of how the players have voted.
**(#5 - Gallis Day) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#5 - Gallis Day". After this power is activated, the player with the most lynch votes cast against them this Day will not be lynched, but any other players with lynch votes cast against them will be lynched at the day's end.
**(#6 - Vote Booster) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#6 - Boost [player]", with "[player]" being a different living player other than yourself. Activating this power will cause the designated player's votes to count as two each. (You may also opt to have the designated players notified of this effect by a game PM.)
**(#7 - Vote Thief) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#7 - Suppress [player], [player]", with each "[player]" being a different living player other than yourself. Activating this power will prevent the designated player's votes from affecting the outcome of the lynch poll, while also causing your own vote to count as three votes. (No other players will be notified that this power is active.)
**(#8 - Ballot Breaker) You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#8 - Ballot Breaker". Activating this power will cause 50% of the living players to be randomly selected; these players' votes will not affect the outcome of the lynch poll. You will not be rolled as one of the afflicted players. (No other players will be notified that this power is active. You will also not be notified as to who was afflicted.)
**(#9 - Ballot Filter) You may only use this power if you've used no others in the current Day. You may activate this power by sending the GM (me) a PM during the day phase, containing "#9 - Suppress [player], [player]", with each "[player]" being a different living player other than yourself. You may designate as many players as you'd like, up to 50% of all living players. Those player's votes will not affect the outcome of the lynch poll. (No other players will be notified that this power is active.)

Your role is that of the Corporate Mastermind.
-Factional win condition: You are aligned with the Mafia. You may win when at least 50% of the living players are of mafia alignment.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you are alive and there is, at most, 1 living player with whom you can privately communicate at the end of the game.
-Powers:
*(Factional kill) Each night, only one mafia-aligned player may use this power (you are the final arbitrer as to how it's used, ie the don) to target a player and perform a kill on them.
*(Factional comms) You may communicate privately with your mafia associates, Nira and Cynder.
*Twice in the game, if you are targeted by a Town-aligned player's night action: that night action's effect is nullified. (You will be notified each time a use of this power is taken. Each individual action will take up one use, even if all occour in the same night; if you are targeted by more night actions in a single night than you have remaining uses of this power, you will only be protected against the ones that activate earlier.)
*Each night, regardless of whether you're also performing the factional kill, you may target a player to have them receive a ShamGun(TM) or a ShamSuit(TM). A player receiving a ShamGun(TM) will be told that they've received a Gun(TM), which would enable them to perform a one-shot kill during daytime; if they choose to use it, however, they will die instead of performing a kill. A player receiving a ShamSuit(TM) will be told that they've received a BulletSuit(TM), which would protect them against a single kill at any point of the game, except for a lynch; the ShamSuit(TM) does nothing, however.

Your role is that of the Insurance Hawker.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of the game, no less than two and no more than three communication links between living players exist in the game.
-Powers:
*(Factional kill) Each night, only one mafia-aligned player may use this power (your associate, Kratos Aurion, is the final arbitrer as to how it's used, ie the don) to target a player and perform a kill on them.
*(Factional comms) You may communicate privately with your mafia associates, Kratos Aurion and Cynder.
*Each night, regardless of whether you're also performing the factional kill, you may target a dead player to verify their powers.
*Once and only once in the game, during nighttime and regardless of whether you're using any other powers, you may target a player and cause them to become mafia-aligned. That player gains the ability to communicate privately with you and retains their original powers, but they cannot use the factional kill. This power cannot be used in a night when the factional kill is carried out by any of the players in the mafia.
*If there are no mafia-aligned players alive other than yourself: once and only once in the game, during nighttime, you may gain one additional use of the above recruitment power (which you may not use in the current night); to do so, you must target a dead Town-aligned player, causing them to be revived and rendering them immune to the effects of all night actions during the next night. (You only gain a recruitment use if this revival is performed successfully.)

Your role is that of the Gun Pusher.
-Personal win condition: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point of the game, a player who is carrying a Gun(TM) is killed during daytime by another player, via Gun(TM).
-Powers:
*Each night, you may target a player to have them receive a Gun(TM) or a BulletSuit(TM). A player who has a Gun(TM) may use it up to perform a single kill during a Day phase. A player who has a BulletSuit(TM) will survive a single kill performed against them, provided it´s not a lynching. You will not successfully give a single player multiples of the same items, although it's possible for you to resupply a player who has used up their Gun(TM) or BulletSuit(TM). You cannot target yourself, and you cannot target the same player for two consecutive nights.

[/hide]

-----

Action log:

Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) does not send a jailing action.
JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) chooses not to block a player.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) heals Negrek.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives Negrek a Gun(TM).
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) gives I Liek Squirtles a ShamSuit(TM).
Nira (Insurance Hawker) chooses not to convert a player.
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize Negrek and designates Butterfree for the vengeshot. Negrek is being added to the neighborhood.
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) targets I Liek Squirtles for the factional kill. I Liek Squirtles is bleeding.
Stryke (Aggressor) does not send a vig action.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates JackPK.
sanderidge (Third-Party Pooper) investigates Kratos Aurion. Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) is protected from this action, expending one shot of that power.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Keldeo's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: I Liek Squirtles dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) discovers JackPK's alignment (Town). sanderidge (Third-Party Pooper) fails to gain information. Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) can now communicate with Negrek. Negrek acquires a Gun(TM). I Liek Squirtles acquires a ShamSuit(TM).

No one is lynched.

Stryke (Aggressor) designates Ghzoom as a lynch target for his win condition.
Flora (Reluctant Protector) designates Nira as a non-lynch target for her win condition.
Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) jails Zero Moment.
JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) roleblocks Flora.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) heals Stryke.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) attempts to give Kratos Aurion a Gun(TM), but cannot complete the action, due to being jailed.
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) attempts to give Zero Moment a ShamSuit(TM), but cannot complete the action, as Zero Moment is jailed.
Nira (Insurance Hawker) does not send a converting action.
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize Butterfree and designates Nira for the vengeshot. Butterfree is being added to the neighborhood.
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) targets sanderidge for the factional kill. sanderidge is bleeding.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates Negrek.
sanderidge (Third-Party Pooper) investigates Stryke.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on JackPK's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: sanderidge dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) discovers Negrek's alignment (Town). sanderidge discovers Stryke's personal win condition. Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) can now communicate with Butterfree.

No one is lynched.

Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) jails RedneckPhoenix.
JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) roleblocks Keldeo.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) attempts to heal Ghzoom, but cannot complete the action, due to being jailed. (this does not spent the heal for Ghzoom)
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives Ghzoom a BulletSuit(TM).
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) gives Flora a ShamSuit(TM).
Nira (Insurance Hawker) does not send a converting action.
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize Stryke and designates RedneckPhoenix for the vengeshot. Stryke is being added to the neighborhood.
Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) targets Butterfree for the factional kill. Butterfree (Turncoat) changes alignments, instead of being nightkilled.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) attempts to investigate Nira (Insurance Hawker), but cannot complete the action, due to being roleblocked.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Flora's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: No one dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) fails to gain information. Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) can now communicate with Stryke. Butterfree (Turncoat) is now Mafia-aligned. Ghzoom acquires a BulletSuit(TM). Flora acquires a ShamSuit(TM).

No one is lynched.
RedneckPhoenix's personal victory condition is fulfilled. (Three phases in a row have passed without deaths)

JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) roleblocks Cynder.
Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) attempts to jail RedneckPhoenix, but cannot complete this action, due to being roleblocked.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) heals RedneckPhoenix.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives JackPK a Gun(TM).
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) gives Stryke a ShamGun(TM).
Nira (Insurance Hawker) converts JackPK.
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize RedneckPhoenix and designates JackPK for the vengeshot. RedneckPhoenix is being added to the neighborhood.
Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) attempts to kill Ghzoom, but cannot complete this action, due to being roleblocked.
Stryke (Aggressor) does not send in a vig action.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates Nira.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Keldeo's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: No one dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) discovers Nira's alignment (Mafia). Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) can now communicate with RedneckPhoenix. JackPK is now Mafia-aligned. JackPK acquires a Gun(TM). Stryke acquires a ShamGun(TM).

Nira (Insurance Hawker) is lynched.

JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) does not send in a roleblocking action.
Cynder (BDSM Businessperson) does not send in a jailing action.
Flora (Reluctant Protector) heals RedneckPhoenix.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) heals Ghzoom.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives Keldeo a BulletSuit(TM).
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) gives Ghzoom a ShamSuit(TM).
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize Keldeo and designates Negrek for the vengeshot. Keldeo is being added to the neighborhood.
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) targets Keldeo for the factional kill. Keldeo´s BulletSuit(TM) is spent, and the kill fails.
Stryke (Aggressor) does not send in a vig action.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates Cynder.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Cynder's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: No one dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) discovers Cynder's alignment (Mafia). Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) can now communicate with Keldeo. Keldeo acquires a BulletSuit(TM), and it is immediately spent. Ghzoom acquires a ShamSuit(TM), which replaces the BulletSuit(TM).

Stryke fires a ShamGun(TM) at Cynder. Stryke dies.
Cynder is lynched. Negrek (Mystic Governor) now has 1 correct lynch prediction.

JackPK (Roleblocker Who Needs to Feel Special) does not send in a roleblocking action.
Flora (Reluctant Protector) heals Keldeo.
RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) heals Keldeo.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives Ghzoom a Gun(TM).
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) gives Flora a ShamGun(TM).
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) does not send in a neighborizing action. (OBS.: he apparently did send one in, but there must've been an issue with the PM, since I didn't receive it before the deadline)
Kratos Aurion (Corporate Mastermind) targets Keldeo for the factional kill. Keldeo is protected from the kill.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates Flora.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Kratos Aurion's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: No one dies. Keldeo (Clown Cop) discovers Flora's alignment (Town). Ghzoom acquires a Gun(TM). Flora acquires a ShamGun(TM).

Flora fires a ShamGun(TM) at Kratos Aurion. Flora dies.
Ghzoom fires a Gun(TM) at Negrek. Negrek dies.
Zero Moment's personal win condition is fulfilled. (Negrek was shot by a Gun(TM) while holding a Gun(TM))
Kratos Aurion is lynched. Negrek (Mystic Governor) now has 2 correct lynch predictions.

RedneckPhoenix (Idealistic Doctor) chooses not to heal a player.
Zero Moment (Gun Pusher) gives Keldeo a Gun(TM).
Ghzoom (Creepy Neighbour) attempts to neighborize JackPK and designates Keldeo for the vengeshot. As JackPK is Mafia-aligned, Ghzoom and Keldeo are bleeding.
Keldeo (Clown Cop) investigates Ghzoom.
Negrek (Mystic Governor) bets on Ghzoom's lynching.
END OF NIGHT: Ghzoom and Keldeo die. Keldeo discovers Ghzoom's alignment (Town). Keldeo acquires a Gun(TM). Ghzoom's personal win condition is fulfilled. (Three players with whom Ghzoom had communications are dead)

JackPK fires a Gun(TM) at Zero Moment. Zero Moment dies.
50% of all living players are Mafia-aligned, and thus, the Mafia wins.

-----

Final personal win condition check:

[hide=Mafia win conditions]-Cynder: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of any one night, three or more players have been prevented from activating their powers or targeting certain players with them, as a result of other powers' effects (including your power, but not limited to it). Additionally, at least one of the players who were prevented from using or targeting their power in that night must be mafia-aligned.
-JackPK: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, by the end of the game, you've targeted five different players with actions.
-Butterfree: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if your factional alignment has changed at least twice and at most three times over the course of the game.
-Kratos Aurion: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you are alive and there is, at most, 1 living player with whom you can privately communicate at the end of the game.
-Nira: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of the game, no less than two and no more than three communication links between living players exist in the game.

Successful players: Kratos Aurion is capable of communicating with 0 living players at the end of the game. Therefore, Kratos Aurion has successfully accomplished their personal win condition.
Unsuccessful players: There was no particular night when three or more players, including at least one mafia-aligned player, were prevented from activating their powers or targeting certain players with them (this includes N1, when Kratos Aurion and Zero Moment were prevented from landing their actions and Flora was roleblocked, but Flora was not trying to activate a power that night regardless as she couldn't do so). JackPK has only targeted four different players with actions. Butterfree's factional alignment has only changed once over the course of the game. Zero communication links between living players exist in the game's current state. Therefore, Cynder, JackPK, Butterfree and Nira have not accomplished their personal win conditions.

-Ghzoom: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if at least three players with whom you've had private communications at any point are dead.
-Stryke: During Night One (not this current night, the one after the first Day), you must designate a player. In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if the designated player is killed by a lynch at any point in the game. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, don't count; it must be a lynch specifically. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game. You must designate the player during N1 even if you've died by then. If you do not designate your target player by the end of N1, one will be chosen randomly for you.)
-Flora: During Night One (not this current night, the one after the first Day), you must designate a player. In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if the designated player is not killed by a lynch at any point in the game. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, won't prevent this win condition from being fulfilled. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game. You must designate the player during N1 even if you've died by then. If you do not designate your target player by the end of N1, one will be chosen randomly for you.)
-RedneckPhoenix: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point in the game, three phases (Days or Nights) in a row pass without any player deaths occouring.
-I Liek Squirtles: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you are alive at the end of the game.
-Keldeo: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point of the game, you are killed by a daytime lynch. Other possible deaths, such as nighttime kills, don't count; it must be a lynch specifically. (Fulfilling this win condition does not end the game.)
-sanderidge: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at the end of the game, less than 7 of the other players have fulfilled their personal win conditions.
-Negrek: During each night, you may place a bet that a certain single player will be lynched on the next Day (you can do this even if you're dead, and you cannot bet on a no-lynch). In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if you bet on the correct lynchee three times total.
-Zero Moment: In addition to fulfilling your factional win condition, you may win if and only if, at any point of the game, a player who is carrying a Gun(TM) is killed during daytime by another player, via Gun(TM).

Successful players: At least three players who had private communications with Ghzoom are dead (Stryke, Keldeo, Negrek). At least three phases in a row have passed without deaths (D2 through D3). Only four other players (Ghzoom, RedneckPhoenix, Kratos Aurion, Zero Moment) have fulfilled their personal win conditions. A player carrying a Gun(TM) (Negrek) was shot and killed by another Gun(TM). Therefore, Ghzoom, RedneckPhoenix, sanderidge and Zero Moment have successfully accomplishd their personal win conditions.
Unsuccessful players: The player designated by Stryke (Ghzoom) was not lynched at any point. The player designated by Flora (Nira) was lynched at one point. I Liek Squirtles was dead at the end of the game. Keldeo was not lynched at any point of the game. Negrek only bet on the correct lynchee two times total. Therefore, Stryke, Flora, I Liek Squirtles, Keldeo and Negrek have not accomplished their personal win conditions.

[/hide]

-----

And last but not least, I had perhaps a little too much fun putting flavor into some of the system messages for this -- here are some of the standouts, so they can be seen by folks other than the intended recipients.

[hide=Gun(TM) or ShamGun(TM) received]Congratulations, citizen! You have been chosen for a free 30-day trial of this hot new product: the Gun(TM)! It's very simple to use: during any Day phase, just send that Metallica Fanboy a PM with the bolded command "Shoot [player]" -- "[player]" being somebody you don't really like -- and bam! Just watch yourself some fireworks and a man dying! Hey, it's free, right?

Only one Gun(TM) Bullet(TM) is shipped with the free trial. Additional Bullet(TM) products are sold separately. For a prohibitive price.

Congratulations, citizen! You have been chosen for a free 30-day trial of this hot new product: the BulletSuit(TM)! It's very simple to use: just hook the straps together and you'll be safe, even if someone else is trying to murd- I mean, claim your property by legitimate means of trial by combat!

If your BulletSuit(TM) is damaged by an attempted murder, please turn it back in and buy a replacement, for safety reasons. BulletSuit(TM) replacements are ridiculously expensive, for safety reasons. Do not use in case of lynching by an angry mob.

[hide=N0, investigating JackPK]You hurled a pie at JackPK's face and the flavor was blueberry, indicating very logically that he is aligned with Town.
You carefully analyzed Negrek's behavior from atop your monocycle. From this vantage point, it was easy to determine that she is Town.
You juggled and juggled and juggled in fervent attempts to uncover information today, but you only ever managed to drop all the balls on your head. You were unable to obtain the requested information this night.
You snuck up on Nira and banged two cymbals together right by their ears. Where an innocent would have surely have fled in terror, they chased you down and tried to beat you up. You are certain that they are mafia, and you are also quite possibly concussed.
And at the end of it all, comes the punch line! That is to say, the line where you're punched in the face, again. This time, it was that Cynder. Catch that Mafia scum while your two bruises still look like makeup done properly!
You conducted a serious interrogation by firing the squirt flower from your lapel, splashing Flora's face. You're not sure you liked what you saw next, but at least it looks Town enough to you.
As you saw Ghzoom leaving work and heading on home, you offered him a ride in your clown car. When he noticed that it was not, in fact, bigger on the inside, but quite claustrophobic instead, he had a monumental fit of panic and started convulsing. All within the expected behavior for someone who is Town, naturally.
[/hide]

[hide=N0, neighborizing Negrek]You managed to invite Negrek over despite your eccentric doldrums, and you'd say it's gone pretty well! You spoke for hours, and she didn't even notice the overwhelming collection of Maya carved skulls you've been shoving under the sofa. Or, if she did, at least she was too polite to mention it.
Additionally, last night, this Ghzoom fellow knocked at your door asking for sugar. You don't think you've ever seen him around the neighbourhood, and you also don't think you've ever seen someone who manages to blow his nose into the entire length of his own arms and still loose some snot in your direction, but you guess you're neighbors now?
You were successful in predicting and intercepting Butterfree's commuting route. This is totally how someone goes about meeting people, right? And you even managed to pretend that you only knew her address and workplace!
Last night, you ran into Gzhoom washing the sidewalk. Or at least, that's what he seemed to be doing at first, but whatever in the world was coming out of that waterhose, it wasn't water. Still, it's perhaps this sort of casual situation that makes people... neighbours?
You had a dream where you were talking to Stryke and everything went great. You decided to try saying the exact same things to him in real life, even if he wouldn't necessarily follow the same script. You think it may have worked! It's not as if you were actually checking his facial expressions, but deep down you're convinced that it worked, and that's what really matters, right? Of course! You're getting so good at forming relationships with your neighborhood.
The moment Ghzoom started talking to you, you wanted nothing more than to bash his entire face in. But the time just wasn't right. You'll wait, and wait... for the perfect moment to bash his entire face in. Until then, one would suppose you'd have to call yourself... his neighbour.
You saw one busy-looking fellow walking down the street. You thought to yourself, what's important? Whatever they're running ragged about, or the TRUTH? So you shook that swaim right down and told them all about the conspiracy. They took it all surprisingly well! You might even be able to keep in touch with them in the future -- you've just got to call RedneckPhoenix off that business card he dropped when he was running way.
Last night, you were... ambushed? by one Ghzoom. While you think anyone is worth the time of your day, you were struggling to understand their low, garbled speech. All you could make out was the occasional word, such as "nine-eleven...", "steel beams...", "the illuminati...", and so on forth. So... what are you now? Neighbours?
You went and camped out to get an autograph from Keldeo. You have no idea if they actually do anything autograph-worthy, you just want to get a stranger to write something on your butt. Unfortunately, you haven't been granted that boon yet, but you genuinely feel like it's just a matter of convincing harder.
It was a busy night at the circus. After all the makeup and wigs had come down and you were heading home, you were approached by a fan looking for an autograph. What amazing warm feelings, to be recognized and adored even out of costume! It was only unfortunate that he wanted you to write "From Keldeo, with love, to Ghzoom" on his underwear. As in, the set he was wearing. You may have ultimately declined this inane requests, but he doesn't seem deterred at all. If he's just about setting up camp next to you, does that make you... neighbors?
Curse that JackPK! Curse on him, curse on all of his family, curse on all of his heirs, curse on all of his friends! That fool knows not who he messed with. You pack it home and break out The Board. May his blood roil and burst out of his veins, and may the first person he thinks about in death choke on their own guts and spew snakes out of their tear canals!

... You were never very good at the rites, as you realized when your own blood started to roil. As you took notice of your error, you couldn't help but think of Keldeo...

... And perhaps that, if you had a second life, you wouldn't end it trying to curse someone for calling you creepy.[/hide][/hide]

... I also only just realized that there was already a 50% mafiosx rate at the beginning of the day, but this last bit of the whole dogshow was quite entertaining, was it not?

Man, I was so sure that Gzhoom was actually a scum neighborizer at the end there. Those double ShamSuits had me fooled.

Very well played bringing it back at the end, mafia, and thank you for hosting, MF! It was really fun trying to piece together what happened with all the chaos going on basically every night.

Well, that was bizarre. It's a bit ironic I could contribute to a 50% mafia victory even while mafia-aligned in name only and fighting to get re-townized. I for one am deeply affronted that despite my repeated requests and all the gun firings, it turned out nobody had even attempted to convert me back to Town. Honestly, you people. >:( This is all your fault.

Didn't Kratos lose as well, though, what with "you may win if and only if you are alive and there is, at most, 1 living player with whom you can privately communicate at the end of the game"?

Didn't Kratos lose as well, though, what with "you may win if and only if you are alive and there is, at most, 1 living player with whom you can privately communicate at the end of the game"?
... I guess I just can't keep with win conditions at all at this leg of the game huh.

You're absolutely right, and I suppose that means everyone lost! Good game, best MFia yet.

Ugh, totally misled by the fact that Jack hadn't been online in ages. =/ I don't know whether he actually hadn't been paying attention and then just happened to show up in order to shoot ZM, or whether he'd actually been watching the game logged out or something, but thaaaaat ended up being a huge problem. If only Gzhoom'd told people who he'd targeted and they'd gotten a quick vote in before Jack remembered the thread!

So congratulations... nobody... and good game! And thanks for GMing, MF. I really enjoyed the flavor for this one.

AW DAMMIT. I was screwed from the time I picked my not-lynch x_x

My gods, that was a ride, though

Back
Top Bottom