• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

When your disaster of a cleric undergoes so much character development that she takes over the story you’re writing her in, but it works so much better than it did before...

Writing is magical.

Usually I have a dreadful time functioning during the holidays, as that's when several irksome, ahh, habits of mine decide to take up real estate in my head. Now that I have a small personal support group to keep me on track, I'm quite pleased to see how far I've grown emotionally.

About a year ago I was in eighth grade and kinda half-a**ed my way through most of the stuff I did in school: I procrastinated a lot, I wasn't in any non band related clubs (aside from the Book Club but we had like 4 or 5 members and hardly ever met so it barely counts), and I just had almost zero initiative with anything school related; I was pretty much a classic underachiever, and it didn't get me too far. Now, though, a year later, my life has taken a U-turn; I try to put some effort into my schoolwork and I always have some new plan to go above and beyond, from planning out a school wide Super Smash Bros tournament with my friend, or organizing a Lego Robot battle Royale across all the classes of my computer class. Anyway, TL;DR is, somehow (I have no idea how), I've turned from an underachiever to almost an overachiever, and it's given me a really positive outlook! :D

(Also, unrelated, but does anyone think this thread and the Grr thread are getting a little too long? Both of them are around 200 pages, and it always takes an absurd amount of time to load them whenever I go to them, so maybe it'd be worthwhile to lock them and start new ones again?)

About a year ago I was in eighth grade and kinda half-a**ed my way through most of the stuff I did in school: I procrastinated a lot, I wasn't in any non band related clubs (aside from the Book Club but we had like 4 or 5 members and hardly ever met so it barely counts), and I just had almost zero initiative with anything school related; I was pretty much a classic underachiever, and it didn't get me too far. Now, though, a year later, my life has taken a U-turn; I try to put some effort into my schoolwork and I always have some new plan to go above and beyond, from planning out a school wide Super Smash Bros tournament with my friend, or organizing a Lego Robot battle Royale across all the classes of my computer class. Anyway, TL;DR is, somehow (I have no idea how), I've turned from an underachiever to almost an overachiever, and it's given me a really positive outlook! :D

(Also, unrelated, but does anyone think this thread and the Grr thread are getting a little too long? Both of them are around 200 pages, and it always takes an absurd amount of time to load them whenever I go to them, so maybe it'd be worthwhile to lock them and start new ones again?)
That's awesome, Stryke! Glad to hear it! :D

So, we started this new unit in Math that is honestly one of the hardest math things I've ever done; I think my teacher said it was college level stuff, so that might be it, but nonetheless, I could not wrap my head around it, and by like 9 pm I was completely clueless and confused, and had gotten nothing done on the two problem homework we were assigned for it. So I text my best friend about it, and she texted back at around 10 pm offering to help, despite knowing nothing about the unit at all. She then proceeded to help me figure out the first of the two problems we got, and even drew out the tables and stuff that I did so she could look it over and try it out herself to better help me out with it. She also managed to un-fog my head and help give me some clarity on what I was doing, because before this I was just in a mental haze and could barely think straight about it, and managed to calm me down about it and give me a morale boost too, because before I was pretty stressed. And as a final note, she did this all with me up until 1130 pm to help me out with it of her own accord. Honestly, I don't know what I did to deserve such an amazing friend like her but I'm sure as hell glad that I have her, because that was honestly one of the nicest things someones ever done for me.

I'm trying out for my high schools most advanced band tomorrow. However, my band director seems to think I'd be better suited towards the second most advanced band, which would normally be fine, except that if he puts me there, I will have to transfer from the morning session of a STEM program I attend for half the day to the afternoon session, which means leaving all of my very good friends in the morning session, which I have a VERY strong aversion towards doing. So, theres a lot riding on this audition, which means I've got to really work my a** off to make my audition the best it can be... But I'm not sure if my best will be good enough, which has got me very nervous.

Oh, and as a final cherry on top, my main competition is a sophomore, and I'm a freshman, and there's likely only going to be one spot available. So if we both do equally good, it will very likely come down to seniority, which means curtains for me. So, not fun.

I MADE IT IN!!!!! I can finally stop stressing about making it in and start being excited about what it'll be like!!

Oh, and also, I was one of only three freshmen who made it in for next year, AND the thing about only one tuba slot was a non issue, because me and that sophomore both made it in, so I'm practically on Cloud 9 right now!!!

I had a 3.95 GPA for all of second semester, which was annoyingly close to 4.0 but yet also that far away, but my Semester 2 final grades were finally put in and they gave me the boost I needed to get that 4.0!

Back
Top Bottom