• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie vs Keldeo vs TruetoCheese vs JackPK

Round 9

Eifie (ØØO)
ninetaleslucky-egg
Okuni – Ninetales (♂) @ Lucky Egg
Health: 46%
Energy: 53%
Ability: Flash Fire
Type: Fire
Condition: Confident enough.
Commands: Foul Play @ Lily / Sheena x3

Keldeo (ØØO)
entei
Lily – Entei (♀)
Health: 10%
Energy: 79%
Ability: Pressure
Condition: Exhausted, but ready to go down fighting.
Commands: Detect ~ Double Team + one-action Giga Impact @ Okuni ~ nothing

JackPK (ØØO)
woobatlucky-egg
Sheena – Woobat (♀) @ Lucky Egg
Health: 44%
Energy: 68%
Ability: Klutz
Type: Psychic / Flying
Condition: Trying to maintain control amidst the weather.
Commands: Torment @ Okuni ~ Super Fang @ Okuni / Swagger @ Okuni ~ Uproar​

Knowing she’s on her last legs in this fight, Lily decides to make the most of the time she has left. Her first action is to hunker down and raise her awareness of her surroundings, giving her an almost clairvoyant view of the state of the battlefield and of her opponent’s actions. It’s just as well, because Okuni is aggressively charging towards her, trying to bait her into attacking herself. Lily remains stalwart, taking a step here and a step there to stay out of Okuni’s area of effect.

Sheena almost laughs at the display, only managing to hold herself back when she remembers what happened the last time she got overconfident. But she can’t just let it go; instead, she decides to tease constructively, letting out a cackle to the effect of “That’s not gonna work against a legendary pokémon, dipshit, you should probably try something else”. With some effort, the Woobat flutters against the wind to hover in the air in the most aggravating place she can think of for Okuni.

As it turns out, the tactic is effective. Okuni’s irritation rises, but he’s a stubborn pokémon, and the tactic he was using is clearly the best; the only thing holding him back was his opponent’s evasive maneuvers, and he knew that Lily would only be able to hold out for so long. But the Torment sticks in the back of his mind, no matter how much he tries to reason with it, and his next attempt to bait Lily into attacking herself is an utter failure. As it becomes evident, Okuni anxiously begins to flail around, doing his utmost to achieve at least something productive.

And he is successful; though his struggle is wild enough to cause some wear and tear on his own body, the Ninetales does batter Lily a bit. But Lily has a countermeasure already prepared. She gives a roar befitting of the legendary pokémon Entei, and breaks into a sprint around Lily, creating an array of clones as she does so. The six Enteis surround Okuni, and though in the back of his mind the Ninetales knows that the weather is going to make them disappear momentarily, they last for just long enough to confuse him. Before he can figure out which one is real, Sheena swoops down, adorable little fangs bared and ready to chomp into him. A split-second reaction barely allows Lily to duck out of the Woobat’s way, but it gives him no time to try to do the same towards Lily’s attack. The Enteis all begin to charge, converging upon Okuni with their strongest attack. In the end, it’s the one right in front of the pokémon that’s real, sending Okuni sprawling on the ground; and with that last-ditch effort, Lily’s clones disappear as Lily collapses to the ground, unable to take any more.

As the beam of a poké ball spears through the weather to recall Lily, Okuni and Sheena begin to glow once again; the former shrinking and the latter growing, and getting feet again. When the glows fade, Okuni is able to make use of his lower weight to push himself to his feet. But his opponent stands taller than him, and her type advantage will give her the upper hand. Combined with how battered he feels, it’ll be an uphill battle; but he’s ready to trust in his trainer...right?

End of Round 9

Eifie (ØØO)
minunlucky-egg
Okuni – Minun (♂) @ Lucky Egg
Health: 19%
Energy: 45%
Ability: Minus
Type: Electric
Condition: Weary but determined.
Actions: Foul Play @ Lily ~ Struggle @ Lily

Keldeo (ØØØ)
entei
Lily – Entei (♀)
Health: 0%
Energy: 58%
Ability: Pressure
Condition: Unconscious.
Actions: Detect ~ Double Team + Giga Impact

JackPK (ØØO)
tsareena.png
lucky-egg
Sheena – Tsareena (♀) @ Lucky Egg
Health: 38%
Energy: 62%
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Type: Grass
Condition: Nervously confident in her ability to win.
Actions: Torment @ Okuni ~ Super Fang @ Okuni (Missed)​

Arena Notes
~A Lucky Egg is being blown around on the floor near where Lily used to be.

Referee Notes
~Super Fang missed. If it had hit, the weather would have knocked out Okuni at the end of the action and I wouldn’t have had to write any more rounds of this (lol)
~Gen 7 is here now, even if it wasn’t when this battle started, so I say Tsareena is fair game. Sheena’s name is pretty appropriate for it, as well.
~And then there were two. Lily passed out from weather damage at the end of the second action. Since Okuni got the last hit, I’m awarding him the KO. GG Keldeo, better luck next time. Enjoyed having you.
~~KO Count: Bambi: 1, Sonya: 1, Jupiter: 2, >>(⌒o⌒)<<: 1, The Fuzz: 1, Lily: 1, Okuni: 1

Next Round
~JackPK commands first.

Very nice! I think this should be a simple enough round: Power Whip until you win, or instead use a one-action Solar Beam if Okuni is preparing Counter or if you can't use Power Whip for some reason. Laser Focus if Okuni is unhittable due to Protect or similar.

Power Whip / one-action Solar Beam / Laser Focus x3

hope and pray for hax lolol I am sorry Superbird.

Nuzzle ~ Headbutt ~ Headbutt

Round 10

Eifie (ØØO)
minunlucky-egg
Health: 19%
Energy: 45%
Condition: Weary but determined.
Commands: Nuzzle ~ Headbutt ~ Headbutt

JackPK (ØØO)
tsareena.png
lucky-egg
Health: 38%
Energy: 62%
Condition: Nervously confident in her ability to win.
Commands: Power Whip / one-action Solar Beam / Laser Focus x3​

Okuni is tired, indeed, but he's not going to go down without a fight. Using a capability only open to him as an electric rodent pokémon, he cloaks his body in static electricity and rushes towards Sheena. The Tsareena is cautious, backing away and adopting a defensive position in an attempt to block an attack, but instead Okuni simply nuzzles the Grass pokémon with her cheeks. Electricity courses through Sheena, and as her muscles begin to stiffen it becomes very evident that she's made a bit of a mistake in letting this happen.

But Sheena's saving grace is that she's able to end the battle before the paralysis really has any chance to set in. Her foe so nearby, she faces almost no risk of missing as she whips her hair at Okuni as powerfully as she can. The attack strikes true, catching Okuni off guard, and flinging the Minun across the room to slam into the wall. Okuni collapses, and doesn't get back up. A few seconds pass, Sheena trying to resist the weather as she kneels down to try and control the paralysis, and the referee waves a flag to declare the battle over. With no further hesitation, the pokémon are recalled into their poké balls, and everyone leaves the Pokémon Cable Club. No sooner have they left then they hear the grinding sound of the floor rising up to the FRICKIN ROOF. Thank goodness they got out when they did.

End of Round 10

Eifie (ØØØ)
minunlucky-egg
Health: 0%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Unconscious.
Actions: Nuzzle

JackPK (ØØO)
tsareena.png
lucky-egg
Health: 36%
Energy: 52%
Condition: Not exactly feeling great, but victorious nonetheless.
Actions: Power Whip (Crit)​

Referee Notes
~Power Whip scored a critical hit. If it hadn't been, Okuni might have survived into Action 2 depending on how much power the paralysis docked from the attack, but this was overkill enough to guarantee a one-action KO.
~Well done, y'all. I really did enjoy reffing this, clusterfuck that it was. Thanks for sticking through it all this time and being patient for the two years it took for round 7 to get out. I am glad we were able to finish it before the new semester starts and deprives me of any free time I'll have.
~The database shall do its job and distribute the rewards.
~~KO Count: Bambi: 1, Sonya: 1, Jupiter: 2, >>(⌒o⌒)<<: 1, The Fuzz: 1, Lily: 1, Okuni: 1, Sheena: 1

Speed Order: Okuni (95) > Sheena (72)
Action 1
~Okuni uses Nuzzle on Sheena, dealing (2*1.25*0.66)=2% damage to Sheena, for 2% energy
~Sheena is Severely Paralyzed
~Okuni is tormented for 3 more actions.
~Sheena uses Power Whip on Okuni, getting a Critical Hit, dealing (12*1.25*1.16)+6=23.4 damage to Okuni for 7*1.5=10% energy
~Okuni is KO'ed
~END BATTLE

Look, Okuni! Your praying for hax worked!

Thank you so much, Superbird, for finishing this mess up, and doing it so quickly! I've learned my lesson and am never going to do anything like this ever again. (I will probably do something like this again someday.)

Now, at last, after 6.5 years, Banbi can evolve!

Good game, Eifie and Jack and TtC, and thanks for all your hard work reffing this mess, Superbird! There were so many twists and turns in this fight, which I guess can be expected from such a chaotic arena (lol), but this was super fun and I’m glad we ended up reviving it.

beautiful

Thank you so much for reffing, Superbird, especially after such a long hiatus! And thanks, everyone else, for a great battle!

It's great to see these old battles wrapping up! Congrats to all of you for bringing it back and taking it all the way to the end.

Back
Top Bottom