• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Choice Mafia (SIGN-UPS CLOSED)

Mai

Banned
... The last game ended rather... pathetically, but I'm trying again! This time, there will be activity rules.

Also yes, pokemafia blah blah blah, but I couldn't think of any other way to do this and there's a slight twist in gameplay (the release of this so close to designer mafia was unintentional, as this was in the works for a while). You will have influence on your role.

Not much, I'll admit, but in a way it's quite big. You will decide whether you are a powered role or a vanilla townie (indirectly).

Here's how it goes! I will give you a choice of two pokemon. One will be from generation I, and the other will be from generation V. You will also get your alignment, or in trickier cases whether you are an alien, lover, or terrorist (this means you can count those out of guesses for the roles, if you're going to think hard about your decision and guess what it might be). Do not count out weaker pokemon, either! They might be the powered role, and given that to confuse you. If you get the vanilla, then you will be either a mafia goon or a vanilla townie. If you get a powered role, then you are just like that role!

You will not know what your role would have been if you get vanilla. Therefore you will not know if you have a fishing brother or something similar, as that would be something you would have known only if you had not been vanilla. You will be alerted if you have a lover.

Here are the rules:

1. Out of thread communication is ALLOWED for everyone.

2. Night actions not sent in will be IGNORED, not randomized.

3. PROVING your role in any concrete way is not allowed, but you may paraphrase your PM text.

4. You may only abstain three times.

5. Flavor text will be relevant.

6. If you do not do anything for two day phases, then you will die (that means not sending in a night action and also not posting the next day).

7. The same pokemon will not be used twice in any way, so keep that in mind when roleclaiming.

Have any questions? Then ask them, please!

Oh yeah, I'll need 16 people for this.

Last edited:
Re: Pokemon Choice Mafia

This sounds rather interesting!

So, can one person only abstain three times or can the final result be abstain only three times? And if you abstain but then change your vote to a lynch, does it still count?

Thanks! With all the games with different mechanics lately, I'm just glad this wasn't taken. :)

I'm going to say the final verdict is what counts. Therefore if you want you can spend days 1-3 abstaining but the rest of the game you'd have to lynch every day, for this situation.

Last edited:

Okay, sign-ups are officially closed! I can't believe that it came so fast!

... I actually only have sixteen roles, but I guess I'll think of another. Nobody join, okay, and soon I'll determine the roles and send them out.

Back
Top Bottom