• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed Shadows

Here you go, long overdue.

All(from the pov of Marcos):
A noise coming from behind you makes you jump and you turn around to see Aaron stumbling into the hall, leaning heavily on Tenerock. It would appear as if he were attacked by something, if he had any injuries, and his lack thereof is curious. You get no chance to ask him about whatever happened, though, as a loud rumbling echoes through the ruin, accompanied by high-pitched cries.

As for the Houndour, you can still hear them snarling in the distance, or perhaps close by. The sound-warping effects of the ruins are starting to get to you, you’re not sure where sounds are coming from, but at least you can see the pack’s glowing eyes.

(Nira, are you still here?)

Last edited:
(I am, but there isn't much I can do right now in the RP. I think the same can be said for Sglod... it's pretty much up to you, ILS, or Nira)

(On another note, when I'm saying something not relevant to the RP, I'll put it in parentheses)

ILS hasn't posted recently, Sglod hasn't been on, and Nira posted once. So, for the sake of moving the story along, Stryke, you're awake, and in general control of the group until one of the others posts. A more experienced GM could probably do this more elegantly, sorry for the out-of-character fix.

Edited the previous response. Hopefully that gives you some room.

Last edited:
(Ok then. Give me the weekend to brilliantly and elegantly somehow get away from these Houndour and whatever else that happens)

(And no problem about the out of character fix, it's ok.)

"Oh man, my head still hurts..." Aaron mumbled as he pulled himself together.

As his vision started to return, he looked around. Ten was still with him, helping him up, and Marcos and Calixta were also there, looking worn out, and looking at Aaron with disapproval. Also with him was a very confident-looking Abomasnow, and an unconscious girl that Aaron recognized as the champion of Sinnoh! How did Marcos get in contact with her? Why was she here? Aaron wanted to ask these questions, but then he saw them. The glowing red eyes, which he recognized as... "Houndour" he muttered. No wonder they were in a pickle! Neither Ice, Grass, nor Fairy could do very well against Fire. But Rock and Ground could. A well timed Earthquake could easily take them all out, but he realized it would also take out everyone else. But what other option was there? None...unless he thought, as a great idea struck him.

"M-Marcos!" he said, still a bit weak from his dizzy spell. "What?" he said. "Can you have Calixta use Telekinesis on everyone EXCEPT Ten?" "Why would you want to...." Marcos began. But then he saw what Aaron was up to, and started to grin. "Ohhh.... ok, I see what you mean. Calixta! Use Telekinesis!" Calixta, having heard the conversation, started to make her eyes glow green. Everyone except Ten was enveloped in a green aura, and started FLOATING!! This is so cool!!! Aaron thought, before realizing what came next. "Ok Ten, now Taunt the Houndour out here!" Hearing this, Ten began to hurl some insults at the Houndour and make rude gestures at them. The Houndour, already angry by their defeat by a pokemon that was SUPPOSED to be weak to them, were angered even further, beyond the point of reasoning, and lept out at Ten, snarling viciously. "Ok, quick Ten, Earthquake!!!!!" Immediately switching gears, Ten began to concentrate, and a rumbling start to appear under the floor. Ten concentrated further, and the entire floor started to shake viciously. The Houndour started wobbling, but were still plenty angry, and advanced on Ten. Ten put all the concentration he could afford without demolishing the room into the move, and the floor started to crack apart, and the walls were teetering dangerously. The Houndour, within pouncing range by now, leapt at Ten.... only to be quickly buried underneath some rubble that had fallen from the ceiling because of the Earthquake. Breathing a sigh of relief, Ten stopped the Earthquake before any more damage could be done. As Calixta slowly lowered everyone back down, Aaron grinned and said "Sorry Houndour.... but you're grounded."

The Houndour flee in response to Tenerock's onslaught, leaving their fainted comrades behind. All is quiet as you take advantage of your well earned respite, relaxing for the first time since entering the ruins, Sglod wakes and introductions take place.

Suddenly, a loud howl comes from outside the hall, the echoes in the chamber are deafening. What do you do?

(In all this I forgot to describe the room. Rather large, think small cathedral, with a large pair of double doors to the back and raised area to the front. To the right, facing front, the wall has crumbled revealing a smaller room, it is from this room that the Houndour came from. There are also several cracks in the alcoved walls which lead to other parts of the ruin, as well as a hall branching off to the left. The ceiling has a slight vault and the floor has the remnants of a painted pattern.)

Last edited:
Reopen.

If anyone sees any major problems in my writing, like my forgetting to describe something, please do not hesitate to alert me.

I've already posted here twice in a row; posting a third time doesn't seem right to me. You understand, right? Anyway, I don't think ILS will be posting anytime soon, so it's down to Sglod or Nira.

Yeah, I guess it doesn't. ILS gave me a reason as to why he isn't posting anymore, Nira didn't seem to like the sandbox style game I was trying to run, so really, it's up to Sglod to post something.

Back
Top Bottom