• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Excited by Small Things

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
What little updates or new introductions got you really (possibly overly) excited when you first discovered them ingame or online or something?

I personally am very easily impressed and freaked out with joy when I discovered:

you could run indoors in the new Pokemon games. (finally, I can dash over to the Pokemon Center desk!)

that there were beds in Minecraft which you could skip the night phase with.

that Portal 2 was EVEN GOING TO EXIST. (OK, this last one isn't that small.)

I get ridiculously happy whenever Darren Criss pops up on my Tumblr dash, being the adorable human being that he is.

I mean, er, something not horribly fangirly. Uh.

... Nope I'm just a loser. /sob

I found out that in the upcoming Animal Crossing game, you get to be the MAYOR. Oh. Yes.
I was also happy that in B/W, you get to play as a teenager rather than a typical 10 year old.
And I nearly exploded with joy when I learned that there will be a Hunchback of Notre Dame world in Kingdom Hearts 3D, and quite possibly a Jungle Book world.
And on a parting note, you get a Chain Chomp partner on Paper Mario 3DS. Oh yeah!

I got an extra snickers bar out of a vending machine once

best day ever

I'm pretty sure that when I first found out that TMs were infinitely reusable, there were tears of joy running down my face.

I was pretty excited when I found out that in B/W you could flip a pokemon in the summary screen to show their backsprite! It's a nice little addition.

In video games in general (first-person somethings especially) I love these little details, such as breakable bottles or a random unique building in a city P:

when i discovered, (on pearl) if you talk you lucus's little sister she tells you where you can get pokemon. (after playing the same game since 2007.)

In Metal Gear: Solid when you get the stealth camo if you walk up to a guard and click an empty gun in front of him he stands there going "HUH?" with an exclaimation point over his head. Also when I learned that Snake was in Smash Bros. and his shield move was to go in his box.

There's a TARDIS in the background of a Buffy comic.

Oh and in Dragon Age there are sooo many references. Like in the first game when you get to Redcliff for the endgame you talk to the qunari, Sten who says, "Where's the cake? I was told there'd be cake here. The cake is a lie." Portal anyone? Also there's a Buffy reference that Alistair says, "Good. Now that the warm, fuzzy part of the day is over with can we get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh, wait, it's not Tuesday, is it?". And during the Ashes questline after completing the bridge puzzle in the Gauntlet, Oghren will say, "At least nobody suggested tossing the dwarf". Lord of the Rings!

I'm buying a house in Sims 3 and it tells me there's a water main breakage and if I wanna take that challenge. Upon doing research, I find out my game is not bugging on me and it's a little challenge that I didn't know existed!

In Black and White, the sound of attacks come from speakers on different sides depending on the attack. If a Crunch lands on your pokemon, for instance, you'll hear the crunch sound on the left. If you use Crunch on an opponent, you hear the sound on your right.

What's really, really cool is when you have beam attacks; the sound then goes from one speaker to another.

So awesome.

Back
Top Bottom