• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your gear

Yeah, yeah I know. But still, I'm used to Paint, and I prefer it for spriting. You can't change my opinion.
Doesn't mean I can't point out that your opinion is dumb.
I use paint, simply because it is the only one I have on my laptop, also I learnt to sprite with it.
GIMP is free to download, you know, and is easier to use. :| BEHOLD pencil tool, decent selection options, layers, a palette that doesn't suck....

Photoshop for everything except sprites and paint for sprites.
Old habits are hard to break. :/

KolourPaint for spriting, since I don't need anything extravagant for that, Krita for (somewhat) fancy pixel art, and GIMP for animations.

Paint is easiest in the way that everyone has it already and you have probably used it heaps as a kid or something. I use paint.

From EeveeSkitty

I only have paint, the bog-standard of spriting. And for transparency, I use MS Powerpoint. Feel free to ask me how.

I use MSpaint for all of my sprites and anything that's pixel-related, since it's the easiest to use and I feel like I'm cheating whenever I use GIMP to make a palette.

<-<;;
Anything else, like lining a drawing that I scanned goes to GIMP where I'll shade it there.

Also, @ surskitty
I've seen a lot of great palettes created from MSpaint and I'm a whole lot more impressed from that than something somebody cooked up in GIMP. But I like you're attitude about it. :'D That's something that I would say.

.:Phoenixy:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom