• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

#sanderidgeVSEifie

Sandstone-Shadow

A chickadee in love with the sky
Pronoun
she/her
#sanderidgeVSEifie

Format: 1v1
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Twitter Itself. (has this been done yet??)

somehow, you and your pokemon have gotten sucked into Twitter Itself! everyone is now a party sprite, standing in the middle of a vaguely cleared-out central hub where all the tweets are flying around to their destinations. the ground is flat and pokemon will be able to find their footing just fine, although they might be a little disoriented at all the tweets rushing about them.

this is an old version of twitter, so every post the trainers make will have to fit the old character limit of 140 characters (excluding the actual command string, because Twitter Itself understands those things). because twitter is not a functional platform, trick room is in play for the entire duration of this battle, and because twitter is an electronic platform electric terrain is happening for the entire duration of the battle.

because this is twitter, tweets other than trainers' commands are getting posted, and they're flying about everywhere! these tweets are shaped like paper airplanes, and all are certainly steady enough for a party sprite to ride on, provided they can jump onto one with trick room happening and all that. because this is social media, the tweets are also responsive to pokemon energy, and will be rallied if a pokemon needs to summon something for a move - you could totally have a surf of tweets, or a rock throw, or whatever. there's no way to change the weather, though.

every round, there's a chance that a tweet will do something! a tweet first has to make contact with a pokemon, though, and this frequency is left to the discretion of the ref because i have no real idea of how large or small chances are.
all tweet contact chance/effects will happen at the end of the round, because this is when i think pokemon are paying the least attention. upon contact, tweets can divulge their message to the pokemon. this message can be any sound-based move. these moves are not affected by the damage cap, because this is twitter and the moves do damage to your soul itself - i mean, to your energy instead! so pokemon will have to be careful about that.

trainers can also (and do) write tweets to the opposing trainer, which will allow them to limit the trainer's next commands in a strictly flavorish way; they may not expressly forbid specific moves or move types, but they can specify that the commands have to, like, rhyme or something. the trainer that commands second in the round will post this tweet-restriction (also in the form of a tweet!!!) before the other trainer commands for that round.
if the trainer does not comply with the tweet, they will be attacked by a flood of negatively minded suburban soccer moms' opinions, and their pokemon will have a hard time understanding their next commands - again, at a chance set at the discretion of the ref, which should be a chance high enough to be amusing but low enough to not be frustrating. when pokemon are confused by a tweet, they'll just stand around looking confused, and probably get hit by a tweet if it's the end of the round.

tl;dr
we fight in Twitter Itself.
electric terrain is happening.
trick room is happening.
no weather changes. (clear weather throughout.)
your command flavor has to be 140 characters or less (your command string doesn't count towards this).
tweets are shaped like paper airplanes, but are much sturdier and can definitely hold a pokemon.
tweets are flying around everywhere and can crash into a pokemon.
crashing can happen at the end of each round.
upon crash, your pokemon is hit by one randomized sound move.
if the move is damaging, it does that percent of damage to your pokemon's energy, not hp.
every round before commands are posted, the trainer that will command second posts a flavor restriction on commands for that round.
if you don't write your command flavor to fit, your pokemon's actions on the next round each have a small failure chance.

sanderidge's active squad

cinccino Silverdust Patch the male Cinccino <Technician>
prinplup Pipsnap the female Prinplup <Torrent> @ Lucky Egg
sandslash Morei Rice Candy the female Sandslash <Sand Veil> @ Passho Berry
noibat Soulbat the female Noibat <Infiltrator> @ Yache Berry
riolu Zan the male Riolu <Inner Focus> @ Eviolite
abra Dreamling the female Abra <Magic Guard> @ Link Cable
meowth Twinkletoes the male Meowth <Technician> @ Amulet Coin
seel sea fluff the female Seel <Thick Fat>
sandshrew-alola ice cream sundae kid the female Sandshrew (Alola Form) <Snow Cloak> @ Ice Stone
togedemaru Triangle the female Togedemaru <Iron Barbs>

Eifie's active squad

sliggoo Tassorosso King of Boo Foo Woo the female Sliggoo <Gooey> @ Shell Bell
natu Siradhan the male Natu <Early Bird> @ Kee Berry
paras topping percentage the male Paras <Dry Skin> @ Weakness Policy
anorith Scuttlebutt the male Anorith <Battle Armor> @ Lucky Egg
skiddo Buckwheat the male Skiddo <Sap Sipper> @ Leftovers
darumaka Super Smile Tomato the female Darumaka <Hustle> @ Zoom Lens
phanpy Indyelle the female Phanpy <Pickup> @ Air Balloon
munna Vera the female Munna <Forewarn> @ Moon Stone
gulpin Gooch the male Gulpin <Sticky Hold> @ Eviolite
corphish plant guy the male Corphish <Adaptability> @ Lucky Egg

[brokenurl=brokenhttp://www.prankmenot.com/][brokenimg]brokenhttp://www.prankmenot.com/images/30-12-2017/9B5Hqw.png[/img][/url]​

Last edited:
brb, making a twitter

edit: a) I have now realized that that was not a real twitter; b) I will save it for when I am actually supposed to be tweeting.

Let's go, Indyelle!

phanpy

(here lies the ghost of a very old tweet.)
xUsjZp.png

barrier ~ taunt ~ dazzling gleam

Last edited:
Round One

sanderidge (O)
abra
Dreamling the female Abra
Speed: Base 90
Ability: Magic Guard
(Protects against damage not directly caused by a move.)
Item: Link Cable
(Grants the holder Trace in addition to all other abilities. Helps certain Pokémon evolve.)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Barrier ~ Taunt ~ Dazzling Gleam

Eifie (O)
phanpy
Indyelle the female Phanpy
Speed: Base 40
Ability: Pickup
(Picks up other Pokémon's held items after they use them up or Fling them.)
Item: Air Balloon
(Protects against Ground-type moves. Pops once the holder has taken direct damage.)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: A little uneasy because she's not used to floating and now there's things flying everywhere and the room is distorted?? Hovering.
Commands: Knock Off ~ Knock Off ~ Knock Off

-----

whats with this messed up room... everything is upside down & the phanpy is hovering cause its got some kind of air Balloon... the abra looks pretty ready to go, looks like it's done this before? things look a little broken in here and actually dont ask me which way is up Cause it could be either. the pokemon look kind of squished and 2D but anyway, there's lots of posts going around and make sure to duck when you need to so you dont get hit with a tweet. theyre kind of everywhere in here.."friendly reminder not to commit any Crimes in 2018" says a sign next to the ref but lol okay anyway we're gonna hit some things in here

indyelle shouldnt be able to move first, but she doesbecause of the weird room. she swings her tiny trunk at dreamling... it connects with a loud thwack. euauh! that hurt her trunk as well as dreamlings face. horrible scene... dremling backs away shrieking an expletive & she doesnt even realize that she dropped her link cable. sorry, sorry! says the phanpy.. but she doesn't think that she did what she meant to, what was supposed to be removed?

no. says dreamling, and she whips up this clear wall that somehow connects to the ground and covers the abra?? but it looks pretty solid

okay, says indeylle, maybe it was the magic guard because there's nothing else there.. (she didn't see the Link cable fall either..) she swings her trunk at the abra again and god that's gotta hurt. Sorry! im sorry. Im trying to remove it, she says, kind of both to abra and to her trainer. tho it doesnt look like it hurt as much, because of the barrier...

well dreamling isnt too happy about this continued assault on her so she starts to say some stuff too. "you are a pathetic, frail follower and the more i think about it , i just dont think you can do it" says dreamling, and indyelle is not having any of it, shes more like "some fool's just need to be knocked the crap out of" and prances around a little (her feet still are in the air because she has that balloon Item and it looks a little funny even though shes rage.. she tried to be so nice) but she is done moving this action anyway so it'll have to wait

anyway indyelle figures she better keep trying because you konw what they say..if you fail constantly, and you do other bad things. "You will get $1,000,000 soon." *SMACK* she hits dreamling again and the abra goes spinning backwards and damn, didn't that work yet?? indyelle's starting to get frustrated, and a little panicy - "Im SORRY okay, i was wrong on this one, i don't know why its not working"

dreamling kind of figures maybe indyelle isn't getting it so she'll try to help out a bit.. "how embarrassing" says the abra as she gathers up a big container of glittery light and ssshhhh-BAM this big blast of fairy light crashes into the phanpy. this hurts a lot and suddenly indyelle crashes back to the floor because the Item it was carrying got destroyed by the light beam. crap

now that the pokemon are done moving for a second, the messages are still kind of everywhere. Stand Your Ground and don't get hit by one but *FWOOSH* that one came really close but no. no one got hit.

-----

sanderidge (O)
abra
Item: ---
Health: 74%
Energy: 90%
Used: Barrier ~ Taunt ~ Dazzling Gleam

Eifie (O)
phanpy
Health: 92%
Energy: 87%
Status: Sorry, Im sorry!! Balloon popped. Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (1 action remaining).
Used: Knock Off ~ Knock Off ~ Knock Off

Arena Status
  • Trick Room is in effect.
  • Electric Terrain is in effect.
  • A Link Cable has twisted away from the battlers and is now embedding itself into a tweet. Where will it lead...?
  • The sad pieces of the popped Air Balloon are floating away, watching the tweets fly by without it.

Action One

[*]Speed order: Dreamling (90) > Phanpy (40). BUT TRICK ROOM IS IN EFFECT SO THIS GETS SWITCHED
Dreamling's Link Cable Traces Indyelle's Pickup.

Action One Attempts
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Dreamling uses Barrier.

Indyelle's pre-action status: Hovering.
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Energy (Indyelle): (65*1.5=97.5/20)% = 4.875% round up = 5%
Damage (Dreamling): 9.75% x 1.5 (Dark to Psychic) = 14.625% round down = 14%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 78, no CH
Dreamling's post-action status: Link Cable Knocked Off.
Indyelle's post-action status: Hovering.
Indyelle's Energy: 100% - 5% = 95%
Dreamling's Health: 100% - 14% = 86%

Dreamling's pre-action status: Link Cable Knocked Off.
Dreamling uses Barrier.
Energy (Dreamling): 2%
Accuracy: n/a
Dreamling's post-action status: +2 Defense. Link Cable Knocked Off.
Dreamling's Energy: 100% - 2% = 98%

Action Two

[*]Speed order: Dreamling (90) > Indyelle (40). BUT TRICK ROOM IS IN EFFECT SO THIS GETS SWITCHED

Action Two Attempts
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Dreamling uses Taunt.

Indyelle's pre-action status: Hovering.
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Energy (Indyelle): (65/20)% = 3.25% round up = 4%
Damage (Dreamling): 6.5% - 2% (+2 Defense) = 4.5% x 1.5 (Dark to Psychic) = 6.75% round down = 6%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 62, no CH
Indyelle's post-action status: Hovering.
Indyelle's Energy: 95% - 4% = 91%
Dreamling's Health: 86% - 6% = 80%

Dreamling's pre-action status: +2 Defense. Link Cable Knocked Off.
Dreamling uses Taunt.
Energy (Dreamling): 4%
Accuracy: 100%
Indyelle's post-action status: Hovering. Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (3 actions remaining).
Dreamling's Energy: 98% - 4% = 94%

Action Three

[*]Speed order: Dreamling (90) > Indyelle (40). BUT TRICK ROOM IS IN EFFECT SO THIS GETS SWITCHED

Action Three Attempts
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Dreamling uses Dazzling Gleam.

Indyelle's pre-action status: Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (2 actions remaining).
Indyelle uses Knock Off.
Energy (Indyelle): (65/20)% = 3.25% round up = 4%
Damage (Dreamling): 6.5% -2% (+2 Defense) = 4.5% x 1.5 (Dark to Psychic) = 6.75% round down = 6%
Critical Hit: (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit): rolled 56, no CH
Indyelle's post-action status: Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (1 action remaining).
Indyelle's Energy: 91% - 4% = 87%
Dreamling's Health: 80% - 6% = 74%

Dreamling's pre-action status: +2 Defense. Link Cable Knocked Off.
Dreamling uses Dazzling Gleam.
Energy (Dreamling): (80/20)% = 4%
Accuracy: 100%
Damage (Indyelle): 8%
Indyelle's post-action status: Balloon popped. Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (1 action remaining).
Dreamling's Energy: 94% - 4% = 90%
Indyelle's Health: 100% - 8% = 92%

End of Round Twitter Effects

Tweet @Dreamling:
Accuracy: 50% (roll ≤ 50 for hit): rolled 85, missed
Move: (roll 1-26 for move): rolled n/a

Tweet @Indyelle:
Accuracy: 50% (roll ≤ 50 for hit): rolled 72, missed
Move: (roll 1-26 for move): rolled n/a

Notes:

• god this hurt to write, it would be great if we could have a theme with better grammar/punctuation/capitalization next time! XD
  • Some pieces/phrases of this are lifted directly from dril's tweets
  • Because dril seems to tweet a lot, I went with a 50% chance this round of getting hit with a tweet. I'm using this list for randomizing sound based moves. Neither Pokemon got hit with a move this time.
  • Indyelle knocked off Dreamling's Link Cable in action 1, removing Dreamling's Trace/Pickup ability.
  • Dreamling popped Indyelle's Air Balloon in action 3, removing Indyelle's Levitate ability.
  • I got so distracted by trying to write like this that I don't remember if there were any other important things to bring up!
  • As always, if you see any mistakes or things that I overlooked (especially arena features that I may have missed!) please let me know!

[brokenurl=brokenhttp://www.prankmenot.com/][brokenimg]brokenhttp://www.prankmenot.com/images/02-01-2018/f3ZlmJ.png[/img][/url]​

Last edited:
(how did u remember the theme for this. i didn't remember the theme for this. here lies the ghost of a broken tweet.)

Last edited:
sob this was too hard

[broken tweet: idk some really shitty pokemon puns]

Headbutt ~ Earthquake / Focus Energy ~ Rock Slide / Focus Energy

Last edited:
i tried to make it fit but then i don't know if it worked

(here lies the ghost of a broken tweet)

counter ~ counter ~ curse

Last edited:
Round Two

sanderidge (O)
abra
Health: 74%
Energy: 90%
Commands: counter ~ counter ~ curse

Eifie (O)
phanpy
Health: 92%
Energy: 87%
Status: Sorry, Im sorry!! Balloon popped. Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (1 action remaining).
Commands: Headbutt ~ Earthquake / Focus Energy ~ Rock Slide / Focus Energy

-----

zyHwfhH.png

liJtQPJ.png

EDn94FF.png

O6jR7jC.png

-----

sanderidge (O)
abra
Speed: Base 90 (60, -1 Speed)
Health: 50%
Energy: 59%
Status: There's got to be some scandals about Indyelle I can dig up… +3 Defense, +1 Attack, -1 Speed
Used: Counter ~ Counter ~ Curse

Eifie (O)
phanpy
Health: 62%
Energy: 63%
Status: I've got Twitter in the palm of my hand! >:D No longer Taunted.
Used: Headbutt ~ Earthquake ~ Rock Slide

Arena Status
  • Trick Room is in effect.
  • Electric Terrain is in effect.
  • The Link Cable somehow made an upcycler's tweet show up in a birthday party planner's feed. #DIY
  • The popped Air Balloon pieces floated past a songwriter and a D&D DM. Both used it as inspiration for their next project.

Action One
  • Speed Order: Dreamling (90) > Indyelle (40)

Action One Attempts
Dreamling uses Counter (-5 priority)
Indyelle uses Headbutt

Action One Calcs
Dreamling's pre-action status: FIGHT ME +2 Defense. Link Cable Knocked Off.
Indyelle's pre-action status: Sorry, Im sorry!! Balloon popped. Taunted. Can't use non-damaging moves (1 action remaining).

From database: Attacks still move according to priority, so I'm treating this as Indyelle uses Headbutt, THEN Dreamling uses Counter.
From Bulbapedia: Individual [move] brackets are still maintained.https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trick_Room_(move)

Indyelle uses Headbutt. Normal, physical, BP 70, BE 5
Energy (Indyelle)5=ROUNDUP(70/20,0)+1
Damage (Dreamling)5=ROUNDDOWN(7-2,0)
Flinch (roll ≤ 30 for flinch)rolled 96, no flinch
Critical Hit (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit)rolled 60, no critical hit
Indyelle's Energy: 82
Dreamling's Health: 69

Dreamling uses Counter.
Energy (Dreamling)5
Damage (Indyelle)10
Critical Hit (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit)rolled 31, no critical hit
Dreamling's Energy: 85
Indyelle's Health: 82

Action One Results

Dreamling's post-action status: +2 Defense.
Indyelle's post-action status: No longer Taunted.

Action Two

Action Two Attempts
Dreamling uses Counter (-5 priority)
Indyelle uses Earthquake

Note from Eif on what the conditionals meant since who knows now: "focus energy was probably if they're protecting"

Action Two Calcs
Dreamling's pre-action status: +2 Defense.
Indyelle's pre-action status: No longer Taunted.

Indyelle uses Earthquake. Ground, physical, BP 100, BE 6
Energy (Indyelle)5=ROUNDUP((100+20)/20,0)-1
Damage (Dreamling)10=ROUNDDOWN((100/10)+(10/4)-2,0)

Critical Hit (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit)rolled 97, no critical hit
Indyelle's Energy: 77
Dreamling's Health: 59

Dreamling uses Counter.
Energy (Dreamling)10
Damage (Indyelle)20
Critical Hit (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit)rolled 29, no critical hit
Dreamling's Energy: 75
Indyelle's Health: 62

Action Two Results

Dreamling's post-action status: +2 Defense

Action Three

Action Three Attempts
Indyelle uses Rock Slide
Dreamling uses Curse

Action Three Calcs
Dreamling's pre-action status: +2 Defense
Indyelle's pre-action status: No longer Taunted.

Indyelle uses Rock Slide. Rock, physical, BP 75, BE 5
Energy (Indyelle)5=ROUNDUP((75)/20,0)+1
Damage (Dreamling)9=ROUNDDOWN((75/10)-2+(7.5*0.5),0)
Flinch (roll ≤ 30 for flinch)rolled 63, no flinch
Critical Hit (roll ≤ 5 for critical hit)rolled 1, critical hit!
Indyelle's Energy: 63
Dreamling's Health: 50

Dreamling uses Curse.
Energy (Dreamling)2
Damage (Indyelle)0

Dreamling's Energy: 59
Indyelle's Health: 62

Action Three Results

Dreamling's post-action status: +3 Defense, +1 Attack, -1 Speed

End of Round Twitter Effects

Tweet @Dreamling:
Accuracy: 50% (roll ≤ 50 for hit): rolled 20, hit
Move: (roll 1-30 for move): rolled 1 = Boomburst
Energy (Dreamling) 14%

Tweet @Indyelle:
Accuracy: 50% (roll ≤ 50 for hit): rolled 41, hit
Move: (roll 1-30 for move): rolled 2 = Bug Buzz
Energy (Indyelle) 9%

Notes:
  • Oh my god it's been over two years! In the interest of Actually Reffing This Battle, I didn't really check things over too much, so please let me know if you see any mistakes!
  • Unfortunately all our tweets are gone :( I can't remember what this round's theme was so I tweeted it! Because that's on-theme! And it's fun…
  • Speaking of, here's a new generator! https://www.tweetgen.com/create/tweet.html Look, this one lets you set comments and retweets and likes… wow. Also I'd recommend saving the image and uploading it instead of hotlinking it, since that didn't work well for us haha.
  • Indyelle's Rock Slide was a critical hit.
  • I reffed Dreamling's speed drop as -30 points since apparently the games ref -1 Speed as 2/3 speed.
  • I THINK I reffed all the priority and Trick Room things right. Let me know if I didn't.
  • Random end-of-round Twitter effects: I used 50% accuracy again because it was leftover from the previous action and I didn't realize it was specifically chosen for flavor, lol. I'll change it appropriately next round? I'm also using this list for randomizing sound based moves. And dammit, they added 4 sound-based moves since round 1, so it's out of 30 moves instead of 26 now. Aaaand I forgot about this until after I'd written the tweet flavor text, so it's not included haha. Next time. Dreamling got hit with Boomburst and Indyelle got hit with Bug Buzz.
  • Me: Did I just… never give turn orders in this battle? Also me: Oh no, it was in the tweet…
  • @Eifie picks a theme, then @sanderidge commands, then @Eifie commands.

Last edited:
god I didn't even remember half the mechanics of this battle. I thought it was specifically always dril tweets

I'll think of a theme someday

for your enjoyment, I have recreated the original tweet and edited it into the post you are all hearting anyway

literally why did i make this arena so complex. ss i'm so sorry
It's so complex haha. But honestly it's really fun and cool that way :D And now that I remember how to ref, the next round will be quicker!

(my record is two and a half years so it should be easy to beat)

for your enjoyment, I have recreated the original tweet and edited it into the post you are all hearting anyway
you remember it!!! omg I'm so glad, that is fantastic and I feel good about hearting it now.

sande do you remember any of yours? I don't sadly...

you remember it!!! omg I'm so glad, that is fantastic and I feel good about hearting it now.

of course I remember sorry i'm sorry i'm trying to remove it, I remade it into a meme in tv tropes mafia 2.5 years later

of course I remember sorry i'm sorry i'm trying to remove it, I remade it into a meme in tv tropes mafia 2.5 years later
That's fantastic haha!

Also it looks like the broken links are making this page "not fully secure" and won't let it stop loading, so I'm going to remove them from my original posts :O

Back
Top Bottom